Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ask Us Anything

+10
Reebok Trotter
traf
Norpig
Sluffy
Bollotom2014
boltonbonce
karlypants
Mr Magoo
Natasha Whittam
bwfcst
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

61Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 08:58

traf

traf
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I think there's a very grave danger in letting personal opinions about individuals cloud our judgement about the way forward.

None of the steering group will be seeking election to the committee of the trust, nor will they benefit financially from any involvement. They got themselves together to try and do something about the future of a club we all claim to love. Nobody was doing anything.

I don't know Mike Smith and I don't need to, he's not going to be running the show once they're all organised.

I do know Chris Peacock and have done for many years and I truly believe that as a lifelong supporter, he has the club's best interests at heart.

Now is not a time for internal bickering, we need to pull together and help drive this bus.

The Trust aren't seeking to own the club outright, but will want to be involved in the aftermath of any (seemingly inevitable) entry into administration.

I'm also not part of any committee etc, nor would I seek election to any such committee. I'd happily do the job if people wanted me to do so, but I'm just wanting all fans to present a united front.

The bigger and more united we are, the more credible we become.

I don't post on here very often, I simply don't have the time that I used to, but I will endeavour to keep people informed on what is happening.

If you have any serious questions (unlike the first page of this thread) for me and/or the trust, please list them here or send me a message (Sluffy has my email address, if you prefer) and I'll get the answers for you.

No axes to grind, let's work together.

http://www.geegeez.co.uk

62Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 09:36

"None of the steering group will be seeking election to the committee of the trust."

All well and good on the face of it but it doesn't mean that they won't end up in positions of power within the Trust though, does it?

What are the chances that we'll see a statement along these lines at some point soon?

"We honestly didn't want to be in charge of the Trust but so many people have approached us and said we should be because of all the hard work we've put in that we've decided to bow to their wishes and are putting ourselves forward for selection."

This isn't a witch hunt but something about the way that it seems to be being rushed through is unnerving me a bit.

It's almost as though someone behind the scenes is desperate to have the ST established and in place ready for when the club enters Administration so that it can be used by said faceless individual(s) to acquire the business on the cheap and take control.

Like you, I don't know Mike Smith but I am a bit concerned by his childish rant on social media last night in response to being questioned about his business affairs.

"That slimy fucker Sluffy and his arse licking lap dogs"......?

Seriously, is this a man we want involved in deciding the future of our club?

Something's just not quite right with all this and I'll be reserving judgement on the people involved and their motivations until more is known about them.

63Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 09:43

Hi Traf

i will be looking to join the bwfst if only to make my voice heard also.  I don't like the fact that people are interested in buying the club, i think it is short sighted and will limit the club in what we can achieve.  Why would any fan be happy with us owning the club and never financially being able to get out of league 1 or even worse league 2?  Just so they can say they own a minuscule percentage stake?

We need to be realistic and open and honest WITH EVERYONE regards what will happen and what it will mean if the bwfcst do take control of the club.

I don't know you (or at least i think i don't, there are that many variations of names across the forums) but what are you to the trust?  Where do you fit into it in the grand scheme of things?  At the moment it all just seems to be hyperbole and whipping everyone into a frenzy and it needs to calm down, not be rushed and give people realistic expectations.

64Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 09:55

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Traf was a regular poster on BA before we exited stage left. A knowledgeable guy on all matters Wanderers and on horse racing!

65Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 10:04

traf

traf
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

y2johnny,
The trust don't want to buy the club, it's unrealistic for them to do so.
I'm not part of the trust anymore than you will be, but I'm backing them to succeed as a fan.
In administration, where we're surely heading, an organised trust has to be involved in the future planning, according to FL rules, so they're just getting pre-organised.

66Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 10:17

bwfcst wrote:Great news. We've had over 500 supporters join in the first hour. 

http://www.bwfcst.co.uk/join-the-trust/
i keep clicking on the join the trust button and it keeps taking me back to the same page?

where do i click?

67Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 10:33

traf

traf
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

There's a tech issue, unfortunately, They're working on it.
They updated this morning and the buttons stopped working.

68Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 10:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

traf wrote:There's a tech issue, unfortunately, They're working on it.
They updated this morning and the buttons stopped working.
 i managed to register late last night , perhaps they've had a massive increase in numbers?

69Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 10:41

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Not sure about all this anymore. Some people are saying the trust have no intention of buying the club, but crispy eluded to the fact it's a possibility, so not sure what their intentions are on that front. As Johnny had already pointed out, if they were to go ahead and try to buy the club it would set serious limitations on what we could achieve as a club in the future. 

Then there's these people setting it all up and expecting us to believe they'll have no problems stepping back and not being involved, which is bollocks. They love the limelight and after putting in the effort to get set up, now and in the past if reports are to be believed, wouldn't just walk away and watch from afar like the rest of us. 

Then there's this Mike Smith character. A total bellend who looks and seems like one of those dodgy bastards you see being chased down the road by that little bald headed fella on cowboy builders. I don't give a shit what he says, having so many dissolved businesses isn't normal and if the overall goal of the trust is to buy the club then i wouldn't want this guy involved. He's clearly a childish idiot, still holding grudges over people on the Internet who he's never even met and now understand why sluffy had serious reservations. 

I want it to work but something just doesn't feel right, like people are trying to take advantage of a desperate situation and disillusioned supporters.

70Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 10:45

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

y2johnny wrote:
bwfcst wrote:Great news. We've had over 500 supporters join in the first hour. 

http://www.bwfcst.co.uk/join-the-trust/
i keep clicking on the join the trust button and it keeps taking me back to the same page?

where do i click?
Web page is not available is all i get when i click the link.

71Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 10:45

im joining 58, and i am doing so in the hope i will be kept up to date with it all and then can add some resistance when needed.

it needs to have a balance and if we can get enough like minded individuals to join the trust who won't let them run away with themselves and do whatever the frick they like then i think that will be for the better

72Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 10:47

traf

traf
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

The link http://www.bwfcst.co.uk/join-the-trust/ works here.
Refresh your browser and try again

The buttons to sign up have also been fixed.
The trust don't intend to buy the club, but would help run the club where and when necessary.
It's all about giving the fans a recognised voice.

73Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 10:49

traf

traf
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

y2johnny wrote:im joining 58, and i am doing so in the hope i will be kept up to date with it all and then can add some resistance when needed.

it needs to have a balance and if we can get enough like minded individuals to join the trust who won't let them run away with themselves and do whatever the frick they like then i think that will be for the better

It does need a balance.

That's why there'll be the opportunity to nominate officers who will then face election.
We're united by a common goal of supprting the Wanderers, but we won't all agree on the best way forward.

But healthy, reasoned debate will help.

74Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 10:50

not according the q and a last night traf.  there is already a lot of trust broken in "some" of the individuals involved.  blatant lies being told and misinformation.  it is too rushed.

75Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 11:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

traf wrote:But healthy, reasoned debate will help.

Mike Smith wrote:That slimy fucker Sluffy and his arse licking lap dogs

You're just embarrassing yourself Traf. I've seen absolutely no attempt to join the fans together.

76Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 11:03

Well, if nothing else comes of this, at least it seems to be bringing us all together again.

Well said, Nat.

77Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 11:03

Who's Mike Smith?

78Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 11:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't he marry Sarah Greene?

79Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 11:06

Yes and he crashed his helicopter with her in it - the biff.

80Ask Us Anything - Page 4 Empty Re: Ask Us Anything Tue Jan 12 2016, 11:31

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This trust bollocks is a bit like David Cameron with his political broadcast promises before he was elected! Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum