Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+29
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
DEANO82
okocha
gloswhite
wessy
Angry Dad
y2johnny
bryan458
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Bread2.0
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Mr Magoo
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
Norpig
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 37 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 24 of 50]

461Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Mar 25 2017, 22:59

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Cajunboy wrote:
xmiles wrote:There are a couple of decent crime series currently showing on tv:

Broadchurch - back to the quality of the first series after the terrible second series

Midnight Sun - a Swedish/French production, not great but good enough.
Yes, Broadchurch is really good this time after a very poor second series.

I will have a look at Midnight Sun now  too.

I'm watching the new Prime Suspect, which is OK, but not great.

I haven't bothered with Prime Suspect and judging by the reviews I'm not missing much.

Line Of Duty back tomorrow should be good though.

462Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Mar 26 2017, 09:45

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Anyone watch(ing) Fortitude?

463Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Mar 26 2017, 09:52

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

finlaymcdanger wrote:Anyone watch(ing) Fortitude?

I gave up on the first series. I gather the second series is even more bonkers.

464Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Mar 26 2017, 18:07

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

finlaymcdanger wrote:Anyone watch(ing) Fortitude?
I watched the first series which was okay, but I  soon packed the second series in.

I watched the first  one of Midnight Sun last night, not sure about it yet.

Will watch Line of Duty tonight, sadly missing the Keeley Hawes character now, she was brilliant in that role.

465Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Mar 26 2017, 18:33

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I can heartedly recommend season 1 of Bosch based on one of Michael Connelly's novels. It does a very good job of capturing the novel. I will get round to watching season 2 shortly.

466Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Mar 26 2017, 22:28

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I have just watched a great Argentinian film called Wild Tales. Six short stories that are dark and funny. Strongly recommended.

467Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 27 2017, 12:39

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:I can heartedly recommend season 1 of Bosch based on one of Michael Connelly's novels. It does a very good job of capturing the novel. I will get round to watching season 2 shortly.

Michael Connelly is one of my favourite authors so I will be getting the Bosch boxset.

468Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 27 2017, 12:43

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:
xmiles wrote:I can heartedly recommend season 1 of Bosch based on one of Michael Connelly's novels. It does a very good job of capturing the novel. I will get round to watching season 2 shortly.

Michael Connelly is one of my favourite authors so I will be getting the Bosch boxset.

As a fellow Connelly fan I am sure you won't be disappointed.

I assume you have seen the film The Lincoln Lawyer.

469Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 27 2017, 12:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, but I've read the book. I'll get if off ebay.

470Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 27 2017, 13:05

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Reebok Trotter wrote:No, but I've read the book. I'll get if off ebay.

It's not a bad film but the great thing about the Bosch box set is that they can do justice to the novel. The first season is based on City of Bones which I think is one of the best Bosch novels.

471Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Mar 27 2017, 13:14

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll look forward to it as I enjoyed the book.

472Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Apr 07 2017, 10:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bitter Lake

Hypernormalisation

Both currently on BBC i-player.

473Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Apr 16 2017, 22:27

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Line Of Duty - by far the most exciting programme on television at the moment.

474Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Apr 19 2017, 20:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This message will enrich your life.

I stumbled across a show called "Rake" on Netflix. Not the one season US series, but the original Aussie show. Four seasons, and still going strong.

It's basically a comedy drama about a roguish criminal lawyer and his crazy clients.

I absolutely urge you to try it out. If only for the episode where Sam Neill (yes, the Sam Neill) gets caught in a threesome with his wife and pet Rottweiler.

It's the funniest thing I've watched since Frasier.

475Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Apr 19 2017, 21:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've seen that episode. Very,very funny.

476Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Apr 20 2017, 00:07

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love Impractical Jokers - anyone else like it?

477Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed May 10 2017, 22:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Anybody see the true story on the BBC about the soldiers in Afghanistan - called Kajaki.

It's about a group of paratroopers and fusiliers at a hilltop observation post when things go tragically wrong for them.

I found it a bit hard to get into because there is a great deal of army speak which I didn't really understand but once it gets going it is quite gripping and you've got to marvel at their bravery - I certainly couldn't do what they did.

If you consider watching it I suggest you don't read any review of it first because the shock of what happens makes the viewing compulsive in my view.

If you watch the film titles at the end it shows pictures and bio's of the real people involved and what happened to them after 'Kajaki'.

An hour 40 min long but well worth the watch.

BBC iplayer link here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08q8f1z/kajaki-the-true-story

478Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed May 10 2017, 22:24

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Wendy pointed me at a series on Amazon Prime (I think it may be on Fox as well) called 'Lucifer' recently. It's pretty damned good, basically Satan decides he's had enough of being in charge of Hell so he opens a nightclub in LA. He basically winds up working as a 'civilian consultant' with an LA Detective called Chloe Decker. If you read the original graphic novels like Sandman and Lucifer you might be put off by the fact the TV show has little in common with them beyond certain character names and specific small incidents but it's actually well worth the watch imo.

479Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri May 26 2017, 20:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Really enjoyed this. Well worth a watch if you haven't seen it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08rg0bd/glasgow-1967-the-lisbon-lions

480Film and TV review. - Page 24 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jun 02 2017, 23:02

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The Handmaid's Tale - brilliant and disturbing

Twin Peaks: The Return - frankly just crap

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 24 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 37 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum