Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+29
Boggersbelief
Bwfc1958
boltonbonce
sunlight
Ten Bobsworth
DEANO82
okocha
gloswhite
wessy
Angry Dad
y2johnny
bryan458
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Bread2.0
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Mr Magoo
Leeds_Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
rammywhite
finlaymcdanger
Chairmanda
Reebok Trotter
karlypants
Norpig
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 50]

761Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jan 14 2019, 10:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Eyes Of Orson Welles. BBC4. Catch it on iPlayer. Superb.

762Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Jan 23 2019, 13:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't help feeling this version of The Lord Of The Rings lacks a certain credibility.

763Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Feb 02 2019, 10:31

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Saw Golden Globe winner and Oscar-nominated "Green Book" yesterday.

Not new subject-matter but touching, brilliantly acted and very funny.....as was Stan and Ollie too.

764Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Feb 02 2019, 12:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Saw Golden Globe winner and Oscar-nominated "Green Book" yesterday.

Not new subject-matter but touching, brilliantly acted and very funny.....as was Stan and Ollie too.
Hasn't there been a touch of controversy regarding Green Book? The family of Don Shirley not being overly impressed.

765Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Feb 02 2019, 13:27

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Yes, they weren't consulted over content that reflects their lives five decades ago, but the film is not trying to be a biopic. 

It's entertainment.... with race relations in the USA in the 60s as the background. Essentially it's about the relationship between a proud, black musical genius and a white loudmouth from the Bronx with a heart of gold underneath his rough and ready exterior. They learn from each other quite touchingly amidst a lot of laugh-out-loud moments. Superlative acting. No wonder it's won awards, but doubt it will beat some of the more high-profile films nominated for Oscars.

766Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sat Feb 02 2019, 13:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm looking forward to seeing it. Gets good reviews all round.

767Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 18 2019, 19:34

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Green Wing is being shown on Gold at the moment. For something made in 2004 it stands up very well and is still very funny.

And for bonce there is even an appearance by John Oliver in episode one as a car salesman.

768Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 18 2019, 19:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Green Wing is being shown on Gold at the moment. For something made in 2004 it stands up very well and is still very funny.

And for bonce there is even an appearance by John Oliver in episode one as a car salesman.
Hope he isn't using that Brummie accent. Very Happy

769Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 18 2019, 19:39

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:
xmiles wrote:Green Wing is being shown on Gold at the moment. For something made in 2004 it stands up very well and is still very funny.

Hope he isn't using that Brummie accent. Very Happy

He doesn't get to say much. Smile

770Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Feb 18 2019, 19:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Probably why he can't stop talking on his own show. Very Happy

771Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 19 2019, 20:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

10pm Tonight. CH4.

100 Vaginas.
Documentary artist Laura Dodsworth photographs and interviews 18 women, from the age of 19 to 77, about how their vagina has shaped their lives.

Has it come to this?

772Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 19 2019, 20:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:10pm Tonight. CH4.

100 Vaginas.
Documentary artist Laura Dodsworth photographs and interviews 18 women, from the age of 19 to 77, about how their vagina has shaped their lives.

Has it come to this?

Jesus Christ! Shocked

773Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 19 2019, 22:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm disappointed not to have been part of this show. My vagina is worth a whole programme of its own.

774Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 19 2019, 22:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'm disappointed not to have been part of this show. My vagina is worth a whole programme of its own.
Indeed. Two c***s for the price of one. Razz

775Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 19 2019, 22:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:trust:

776Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Feb 19 2019, 22:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All I can say is that I’m glad we don’t have smellovision yet! Very Happy

777Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 20 2019, 18:57

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Saw Stan and Ollie today.

Gentle , funny, heart warming film.

Riley and Cooghan great in their roles.

778Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Wed Feb 20 2019, 19:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Saw Stan and Ollie today.

Looking forward to seeing it.

779Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Feb 21 2019, 17:34

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:

I think you will enjoy it.

The previous week I saw Mary Queen of Scots, that didn't end well for Saoirse Ronan.

780Film and TV review. - Page 39 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Thu Feb 21 2019, 18:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

I think you will enjoy it.

The previous week I saw Mary Queen of Scots, that didn't end well for Saoirse Ronan.
I stopped going to the pictures years ago. In fact, the last film I saw at a picture house was Star Trek: The wrath of Khan.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum