Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If the living wage has gone up, then that's only a good thing.

+7
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
bwfc71
scottjames30
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck everyone else, making too much money.

Why are folk moaning?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Because it is a Government definition of Living wage which does not take into account many everyday things and as such the True Living Wage is actually over £1/hour more -  National Living Wage (renamed minimum wage) is £7.20/hour whereas the True Living Wage is £8.25/hour outside London and £9.00 inside London 

But lets not forget that many of the tax credits have also been red-defined and as such the majority on the new National Living wage are having tax credits reduced and bout 1.2 million people are actually going to be worse off, than what they were before April 1st!

Another sick April 1st joke, that is real, coming from the Government that says we are all in it together, the Conservatives

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:Because it is a Government definition of Living wage which does not take into account many everyday things and as such the True Living Wage is actually over £1/hour more -  National Living Wage (renamed minimum wage) is £7.20/hour whereas the True Living Wage is £8.25/hour outside London and £9.00 inside London 

But lets not forget that many of the tax credits have also been red-defined and as such the majority on the new National Living wage are having tax credits reduced and bout 1.2 million people are actually going to be worse off, than what they were before April 1st!

Another sick April 1st joke, that is real, coming from the Government that says we are all in it together, the Conservatives
:clap:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:the True Living Wage is £8.25/hour outside London and £9.00 inside London 

Do they have Poundland or Poundshop in London? If they do I've just shot down your theory.

A rise in the minimum wage (even if it's only for over 25s) is a good thing, no doubt about it. The nonsense is how the Tories attempted to frame it as a living wage, which it's not and that this was another 'headline' policy they needed to take the focus off their continued attack on working class people.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:A rise in the minimum wage (even if it's only for over 25s) is a good thing, no doubt about it. The nonsense is how the Tories attempted to frame it as a living wage, which it's not and that this was another 'headline' policy they needed to take the focus off their continued attack on working class people.

Yes, what bastards for increasing the living wage.

Would you be surprised to learn the Tories have increased the minimum wage more than Labour ever did? Of course you wouldn't.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The problem is that the smaller shops/companies will be unable to fund the new law, for what is in effect a minimum of a 10% pay rise for their staff, (I heard someone say it was 13%, I think). In order to put this in place, they will have to reduce staff, and insist on more productivity.  All well and good, but what about the poor bugger who's just been kicked out ?

To get around this, more people will be paid cash-in-hand, (at a lower rate), which means that they will not be getting their National Insurance stamp, which directly affects their pensions.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:The problem is that the smaller shops/companies will be unable to fund the new law, for what is in effect a minimum of a 10% pay rise for their staff, (I heard someone say it was 13%, I think). In order to put this in place, they will have to reduce staff, and insist on more productivity.  All well and good, but what about the poor bugger who's just been kicked out ?

To get around this, more people will be paid cash-in-hand, (at a lower rate), which means that they will not be getting their National Insurance stamp, which directly affects their pensions.

Same excuses that were being said when The Minimum Wage was first introduced but funnily enough there are far many other countries within Europe and elsewhere were the Minimum Wage is far higher than here and yet small businesses survive, employ more people and are willing for it to be increased - such as in The Netherlands over 25's get almost £9.80/hour whilst in Australia it is about £10.20/hour and in US of A it is about £10/hour.

So why does it have to be different here?

In Australia it's about three quid for a loaf and a tin of beans costs about the same. 

And the American economy relies massively on unregistered, illegal labour, none of whom get anything like ten quid an hour for washing pots and cleaning toilets.

Just saying.......

Natasha Whittam wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:A rise in the minimum wage (even if it's only for over 25s) is a good thing, no doubt about it. The nonsense is how the Tories attempted to frame it as a living wage, which it's not and that this was another 'headline' policy they needed to take the focus off their continued attack on working class people.

Yes, what bastards for increasing the living wage.

Would you be surprised to learn the Tories have increased the minimum wage more than Labour ever did? Of course you wouldn't.

You penis, read my post. It's a good thing, but it doesn't amend the damage they continue to do to low income families.

On your Labour point, who do you think introduced the national minimum wage, the Tories opposed it.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

bwfc71 wrote:
gloswhite wrote:The problem is that the smaller shops/companies will be unable to fund the new law, for what is in effect a minimum of a 10% pay rise for their staff, (I heard someone say it was 13%, I think). In order to put this in place, they will have to reduce staff, and insist on more productivity.  All well and good, but what about the poor bugger who's just been kicked out ?

Same excuses that were being said when The Minimum Wage was first introduced but funnily enough there are far many other countries within Europe and elsewhere were the Minimum Wage is far higher than here and yet small businesses survive, employ more people and are willing for it to be increased - such as in The Netherlands over 25's get almost £9.80/hour whilst in Australia it is about £10.20/hour and in US of A it is about £10/hour.

So why does it have to be different here?

It doesn't have to be different, but someone has to pay for it, and it is usually the smaller companies, and its staff, that suffer. Big companies aren't all immune to such things either, as it makes them uncompetitive, and staff are released in larger numbers, such as the steel industry. And bear in mind that its affecting the steel industry throughout Europe, for some, as you have pointed out, who pay what is considered a living wage. As an aside, the UK has, reportedly, one of the lowest productivity outputs, per capita, in Europe, which also hikes prices.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

To change the subject slightly... 

If you were on say £8 ph at your job.  Would you now feel slightly disgruntled that you are now earning just 80p above minimum wage instead of £1.30?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My boss is refusing to pay for my new work pants. They cost around £50,and he thinks we should buy our own. He supplies everything else,fleece/tee shirt/boots/hi vis gear,and up u til now,pa ts. As far as I'm concerned,he's obligated to supply us with everything we need to do the job. I've been advised not to push it,but I'm a bit miffed. I'm on my tea break and sulking.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:My boss is refusing to pay for my new work pants. They cost around £50,and he thinks we should buy our own. He supplies everything else,fleece/tee shirt/boots/hi vis gear,and up u til now,pa ts. As far as I'm concerned,he's obligated to supply us with everything we need to do the job. I've been advised not to push it,but I'm a bit miffed. I'm on my tea break and sulking.
 are you in a union Boncey? I'm pretty sure if they are essential to your job then he needs to pay for them

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

why do you need new pants? Is there a heartwarming yet gently humourous anecdote of boncey derring-do you are holding out on us?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He keeps soiling himself.

will someone give him an N key for his keyboard!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:He keeps soiling himself.
Not a bad guess Nat. Soil does play a part.

We've just been franchised,so I'm now being paid by someone else,who seems much less free with his money.

I'm thinking of turning in tomorrow wearing sixties flares.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why not simply go into work with no pants on? 

Surely that will get someone's hand in their pocket to buy you a pair due to the sheer shock! Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Why not simply go into work with no pants on? 

Surely that will get someone's hand in their pocket to buy you a pair due to the sheer shock! Very Happy
KP,I work with shears. You know my record.

Not a good idea is it? Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum