Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

If the living wage has gone up, then that's only a good thing.

+7
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
bwfc71
scottjames30
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:Why not simply go into work with no pants on? 

Surely that will get someone's hand in their pocket to buy you a pair due to the sheer shock! Very Happy
KP,I work with shears. You know my record.

Not a good idea is it? Shocked
Fair point that. Very Happy

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

At first, when I was living in a hall of residence at uni, males were expected to wear jacket, collar and tie to Sunday lunch. Normally, nothing before or after lunch required formal wear (unless you were a church-goer), so we decided to rebel against the stuffy expectation that we would have to change if we wanted to be fed.
The serving-women had a bit of a shock in week 2 to see streams of students pass through the refectory in jackets, shirts and ties....but nothing else. 
The odd spillage onto our privates of boiling hot soup was almost worth it to get the stupid rule changed by week 3.

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

boltonbonce wrote:My boss is refusing to pay for my new work pants. They cost around £50,and he thinks we should buy our own. He supplies everything else,fleece/tee shirt/boots/hi vis gear,and up u til now,pa ts. As far as I'm concerned,he's obligated to supply us with everything we need to do the job. I've been advised not to push it,but I'm a bit miffed. I'm on my tea break and sulking.
You could always try and recoup a little bit of cash this way - 

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/uniform-tax-rebate

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cheers 58. My problem with our work gear is that,pants aside,it's all pretty average.
Our waterproof gear for instance,is pretty basic,and I've invested in a Berghaus jacket and pants,just to ensure I stay dry.
I must say,I needed decent gear this morning.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I must say,I needed decent gear this morning.
It's a bloody awful day today.

We have been having all extremes of weather so far today.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We got hail and an arctic blast of wind around 10am this morning. I bet Wheater and Trotter were tucked up in bed.
If the living wage has gone up, then that's only a good thing. - Page 2 Giving-the-finger-profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum