Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Can't wait for league 1 now.

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Can't wait for league 1 now. Empty Can't wait for league 1 now. Sun Apr 17 2016, 09:13

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is where we belong, we've been punching above our weight for years, and to be honest we shouldn't be playing teams like UTD, Forest, Leeds and all the big clubs.

Now we have been brought down to reality, playing Bury, Rochdale Oldham which are on our level, making me really excited for next season, at last we've found our natural weight category, and can look forward to some competitive games next season.

I'm going to get season tickets next season, I really think it'll be a good one. Hopefully we'll stay in this league for a good few years, meaning we can enjoy football on our natural level.

Let the season begin.

2Can't wait for league 1 now. Empty Re: Can't wait for league 1 now. Sun Apr 17 2016, 13:08

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Well that's a turn up, Scott being a knob and talking shite.

Bolton have spent 12 seasons in the bottom 2 divisions. Bury, Rochdale and Oldham combined have spent nearly 200 seasons in the bottom 2 divisions.

Historically not really on Bolton's level.

3Can't wait for league 1 now. Empty Re: Can't wait for league 1 now. Sun Apr 17 2016, 13:19

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know you arse lick Bolton forums CD, but we are closer to Burys level than Utd's.

Trust me.

4Can't wait for league 1 now. Empty Re: Can't wait for league 1 now. Sun Apr 17 2016, 15:44

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Of all the clubs outside the top tier, we've spent the most time in it.

That's more than Leeds, Forest, Wednesday, Wolves, Boro, Derby etc. We've spent roughly twice as much time up there as Leicester. So the Prem is very much our level going off history.

Personally I'm looking forward to matches against Bury, Rochdale, Oldham, Fleetwood, etc. Having said that, nobody should be taking it for granted that we'll be a better team than them.

5Can't wait for league 1 now. Empty Re: Can't wait for league 1 now. Sun Apr 17 2016, 15:51

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But face the fact, we'll never see the top tier in our lifetime again.

Bury, Rochdale is our level now, and I'm quite happy that I think we are at our level now.
And I was talking about the size of a club as Leeds, Forest, UTD.

6Can't wait for league 1 now. Empty Re: Can't wait for league 1 now. Sun Apr 17 2016, 17:15

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How much of that time in the top flight

A: When there was only one division
B: Was before the abolition of the maximum wage, which really screwed clubs of our size.

In the modern era I feel our natural place is the Championship, with the odd foray up or down one League.

7Can't wait for league 1 now. Empty Re: Can't wait for league 1 now. Sun Apr 17 2016, 17:18

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

BTW now I have got over this shambles of a season, once the inevitable was confirmed, I too am looking forward with a little optimism. Just a bit mind.

8Can't wait for league 1 now. Empty Re: Can't wait for league 1 now. Sun Apr 17 2016, 17:23

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

NickFazer wrote:BTW now I have got over this shambles of a season, once the inevitable was confirmed, I too am looking forward with a little optimism. Just a bit mind.
AMEN.
The sooner Bolton fans realise we are a town club, not a heavyweight europien side made for the top level, the quicker we can astablish a league one status.

9Can't wait for league 1 now. Empty Re: Can't wait for league 1 now. Sun Apr 17 2016, 17:30

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I will never have tinpot mentality. I can think of a few teams in the prem we are bigger than, there's no reason why we can't get back there. Need to rebuild properly though

10Can't wait for league 1 now. Empty Re: Can't wait for league 1 now. Sun Apr 17 2016, 17:36

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I will never have tinpot mentality. I can think of a few teams in the prem we are bigger than, there's no reason why we can't get back there. Need to rebuild properly though
We can't rebuild Rome, just facing the facts boggers lad.

11Can't wait for league 1 now. Empty Re: Can't wait for league 1 now. Sun Apr 17 2016, 17:47

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:I will never have tinpot mentality. I can think of a few teams in the prem we are bigger than, there's no reason why we can't get back there. Need to rebuild properly though
We can't rebuild Rome, just facing the facts boggers lad.

We'll be back Scott, don't settle for league one

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum