Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Joe McKee Signed (another one from Burnley!)

+9
aaron_bwfc
Reebok_Rebel
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
Reebok Trotter
JakeSnake
Keegan
Sluffy
13 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Joe McKee, released by the Clarets at the end of last season, has signed for Bolton Wanderers and will link up again with Owen Coyle who brought him to Burnley three years ago.

McKee signed for the Clarets as a 16-year-old, believed to have cost us £100,000 when he arrived from Livingston where he had already made a first team debut.

He went straight into Terry Pashley's youth squad where he served a two year scholarship before agreeing terms to sign as a professional in the summer of 2011. He looked set to be involved with the first team, and was on the bench for the early season Carling Cup game against Burton Albion.

He left soon after on a half season loan to St. Mirren, where he played twice, before returning in January, but he wasn't able to break through into the squad and played only occasionally for the reserves before being formally released at the end of the season.

Bolton haven't confirmed the news yet and there are no details, but McKee himself has said via Twitter: "Delighted and proud to have signed for Bolton Wanderers, pre-season starts Thursday time to get the head down!"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

19 year old attacking midfielder/forward who Burnley didn't think was good enough to keep. OC must see something in the lad though - he keeps signing him! We are short on bodies and he can't have cost any significant sum so I'm not particularly bothered by this reported signing.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

Joe McKee signed for Bolton today on a free after beng released from Burnley despite making no first-term appearances.

McKee started his youth career at Dundee United before signing for Livingston making just one first team appearance then the next year Coyle took him on at Burnley. Last year he went on loan to St. Mirren making two sub appearances.

Then Coyle yet again signed him, the 19 year-old has had two Scottish under 19 caps and he will fit in to the new younger Bolton revolution especially with fellow Scottish-born youngsters in Michael O'Halloran and Gregg Wylde but also with Josh Vela, Jack Sampson, Jay Lynch, Adam Blakeman and Joe Riley

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have never heard of him.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:I have never heard of him.

Don't worry about it, he's never heard of you either.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very very exciting prospect...

ok I'm hamming it up, but always nice to give young prospects a chance. Fingers crossed.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Underwhelmed. Neutral

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Joe McKee, released by the Clarets at the end of last season, has signed for Bolton Wanderers and will link up again with Owen Coyle who brought him to Burnley three years ago.

McKee signed for the Clarets as a 16-year-old, believed to have cost us £100,000 when he arrived from Livingston where he had already made a first team debut.

He went straight into Terry Pashley's youth squad where he served a two year scholarship before agreeing terms to sign as a professional in the summer of 2011. He looked set to be involved with the first team, and was on the bench for the early season Carling Cup game against Burton Albion.

He left soon after on a half season loan to St. Mirren, where he played twice, before returning in January, but he wasn't able to break through into the squad and played only occasionally for the reserves before being formally released at the end of the season.

Bolton haven't confirmed the news yet and there are no details, but McKee himself has said via Twitter: "Delighted and proud to have signed for Bolton Wanderers, pre-season starts Thursday time to get the head down!"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wow...

I literally just jizzed in my pants with excitement, I never thought I see the day when we signed a kid released by a tin-pot club up the road...

we are really going places... Rolling Eyes

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Hmm never heard of him, hopefully he turns out to be more of a nolan than a temitope odabayi in terms of a youth signing.

You can't help thinking if he hasn't made it at burnley by now that he can't be that great but fingers crossed.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

You'll probably see less of this lad than you did with Robbie Blake.

Only a young un though.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

My mate Archie, has been out on the piss, with Joe a few times around Cowdenbeath. Apparently, he's a right ladies man, he reckons he's the next George best!

Whatsupdoc

David Ngog
David Ngog

aaron_bwfc wrote:Hmm never heard of him, hopefully he turns out to be more of a nolan than a temitope odabayi in terms of a youth signing.

You can't help thinking if he hasn't made it at burnley by now that he can't be that great but fingers crossed.
Never mind Burnley, if he couldnt make St Mirrens first team, how good is he ?

Whatsupdoc

David Ngog
David Ngog

Copper Dragon wrote:You'll probably see less of this lad than you did with Robbie Blake.

Only a young un though.
Aye and his jokes will be more up to date.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle signed him when he was at Burnley but then joined us, leaving McKee out on a limb. I can see him scoring the winner in our opener at Turf Moor. Now wouldn't that be something! Twisted Evil

P.S. Has he borrowed that shirt he is holding from the kit man ?

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

The young man is stretching the shirt for some unexplained reason...

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

HarveyKorman

HarveyKorman
David Ngog
David Ngog

Why does Coyle think a Burnley reject will improve Bolton? #ffs

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum