Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NFL's back again.

+18
xmiles
karlypants
observer
wanderlust
Sluffy
Hip Priest
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
Norpig
Fabians Right Peg
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Copper Dragon
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
DEANO82
scottjames30
Boggersbelief
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 38 ... 48  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 48]

561NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 20 2020, 00:18

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

HT in the AFC Championship game Titans 17 Chiefs 21. What a f****** game!
Raw pace and the genius of Mahomes v the genius of Arthur Smith.
Titans obviously expected to lose but when Smith calls a play when the heaviest guy in NFL history becomes a catcher for a touchdown - and he is one big fat bastard - you've got to give respect.
Then there's the Mahomes touchdown. Wow.

562NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 20 2020, 01:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great effort from the Titans despite losing to the outstanding Chiefs. They may not have the same star quality as the Chiefs but they got pretty close with their creative attacking and may have even got there if their defensive coach was as good as Smith - although the Chiefs have all the weapons to make it difficult for any defence. Titans the surprise team of the season and surely a chief coach job somewhere for Smith coming soon after producing plays I've never seen in 40 years of watching the game. Class.
Assuming the Chiefs will play the 49ers in the Superbowl but I can't stay up any longer to see that game. But surely a convincing win for the 49ers against the questionable Packers?

563NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jan 20 2020, 08:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Really looking forward to the Superbowl now! Going to be a great game and i hope the Chiefs win as Mahomes is a superstar.

564NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Sun Feb 02 2020, 22:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Really looking forward to the Superbowl now! Going to be a great game and i hope the Chiefs win as Mahomes is a superstar.
You staying up to watch tonight? As it's in Miami it's Eastern Time so 11.30 UK time so won't be an allnighter.

I'm going to give it a go.

565NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 03 2020, 00:21

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Turnover as Garropolo makes a very bad decision.

566NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 03 2020, 01:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

49ers get their running game going and steamroller the Chiefs. 10 - 10 at half time and could go either way.

567NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 03 2020, 03:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'll just say it was a thriller. Enjoy!

568NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 03 2020, 10:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Off to the dentist later, so had an early night. First thing that popped up on my phone this morning was the score, so my idea of watching a recording went west. I'll catch the highlights later, but it looks like I missed a cracker.

569NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 03 2020, 12:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Off to the dentist later, so had an early night. First thing that popped up on my phone this morning was the score, so my idea of watching a recording went west. I'll catch the highlights later, but it looks like I missed a cracker.
It was. Chiefs looked dead and buried and devoid of ideas.

570NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Feb 03 2020, 17:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

yes i stayed up to watch it and it was well worth it. I did think the 49ers won win after the end of the 3rd quarter as their defence was well on top, but Mahomes showed what a class act he is and turned the game on its head/

571NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Feb 04 2020, 12:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well that's it for another season - one that I thoroughly enjoyed.  One of the best things about it was the change of fortunes in many teams. The Browns were no longer the whipping boys. The Titans became a force to be reckoned with. The Pats lost their dominance and it was a much more open field. Lots and lots of innovative plays with great coaching and calls. Plenty of promise of things to come from the likes of the Bills and the Steelers. Finally a Superbowl between two teams who played with diametrically opposite styles trading blows like Ali v Frazier.

Great season.

572NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Feb 04 2020, 14:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

573NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Mar 17 2020, 13:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brady leaves Pats after 20 years - including 9 Superbowls and 6 wins.
Seems intent on playing on elsewhere despite being 42.

574NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Wed Mar 18 2020, 13:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like Brady is going to the Bucs for $30million!

575NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jul 13 2020, 14:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Washington Redskins to retire controversial team name following review

The Washington Redskins American football team has said it will retire its name, long criticised as racist.

In a statement, the team said it would "be retiring the Redskins name and logo upon completion of a review" demanded by its sponsors.

Its major sponsors recently threatened to pull funding from the NFL team unless it considered renaming itself.

The Washington DC-based team has faced years of pressure over a name seen as offensive to Native Americans.

Team owner Dan Synder had been a boyhood fan of the team - which was named the Redskins in 1933 when it was still based in Boston - and had vowed to never change the name.

But amid protests over police brutality and racism, major sponsors FedEx, Nike, Pepsi and Bank of America all called on Mr Snyder to consider finally changing the name.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53390944

576NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jul 13 2020, 15:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Saw this last week and it was inevitable that they would have to change names as Fedex the stadium sponsor are demanding it ($250million deal and they part own the team as well) and Nike are refusing to stock any of their merchandise.

Breaders is a Redskins fan, wonder what he thinks of this? Some of the names put forward have been just drop the red part and be the skins or warriors seems to be popular.

577NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Mon Jul 13 2020, 15:44

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm worried. Buffalo Bill wasn't PC. Shocked

578NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Jul 14 2020, 08:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like Red Wolves is becoming more popular from what i've read.

579NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Tue Jul 14 2020, 09:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Washington Wankers. Sorry Breaders.

580NFL's back again. - Page 29 Empty Re: NFL's back again. Fri Jul 17 2020, 00:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Raiders franchise has moved to Las Vegas so I was wondering how that works? Presumably there'll be no more football in Oakland so will those fans still be loyal to the Raiders?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 48]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 38 ... 48  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum