Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Parkinson Thought - Blackpool

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On returning to winning ways...
It’s great to get back to winning ways. It didn’t matter what competition we were competing in tonight, league or cup, it was just important to get a win. 

Confidence has been knocked after the recent run and it was important for us to win a game of football. Tonight wasn’t about the cup, it was about getting back to winning ways. 

We could have scored a couple more but I was very pleased that we were able to get the win and with how the lads approached the game. 

On Sammy Ameobi netting his first goal for the club...
I was pleased for Sammy. He’s come in and had some good moments off the bench for us, but he’s been waiting for that first goal to give him that lift. 

Wide players can be unpredictable at times. They can have moments when they frustrate but other moments when they produce. 

If you analyse Sammy tonight, he’s scored a goal and put in some great crosses which we maybe could have gambled on and scored from. 

We’re building him up, his confidence levels in himself, and I’m pleased with the win and pleased with the goal.

On Ben Alnwick's Bolton debut...
It was not a bad start for Ben. He kept a clean sheet so that’s good for him. We’ve got two good goalkeepers who are pushing each other. We want tough decisions as we go into the weekend and Ben has certainly given us food for thought.

On Derik Osede and Tom Thorpe's performances...
We’re very pleased with Derik. We haven’t seen a lot of him this year because of a couple of injuries he’s had. I like him, he’s a good character and he’s a good footballer. 

He can pass the ball and gives another dimension at the back. His distribution is excellent and he steps into the midfield and links up play which is important, especially when teams sit off like Blackpool did at times tonight. 

Thorpey is a good player. He can play in a number of positions. He played for me last year in midfield at Bradfield and did very well. He’ll get better and better.

On Alex Samizadeh's cameo appearance...
We gave Alex a little run when Proccy was tiring. He has a lot of work to do still to be a real contender for the first team. He had that great game for the Under-23s [against QPR] which we were delighted with. 

We have to keep working with him on the training pitch and David Lee will keep working with him for the Under-23s to polish up all parts of his game. He’s bright and a bundle of energy and is good to have around. 

On Bolton's upcoming final Checkatrade Trophy group game against Cheltenham Town...
We said to the lads before the match that we did not want Blackpool to put us out of two cup competitions. They knocked us out of the EFL Cup and we didn’t want that to happen again tonight. 

We’ve still got some work to do away at Cheltenham Town to progress. We didn’t want to go there and for that game to mean nothing. It would have been a tough journey so it’s good to go down there with something to play for.   

And finally, on team selection against Swindon Town...
When you say to players that they are not in team, you want to be able to say it that they have been unlucky. When they are in the team, you want it to be because they have deserved it with their performances. 

A few of them have staked a claim to play at the weekend and we have some thinking to do. We’ll take a look at Swindon over the next couple of days to see what they are all about. 

I will revisit it and hopefully we can go down there and set ourselves up to give them problems and get a result. 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum