Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
Wanderers for 45
y2johnny
Growler
luckyPeterpiper
Bollotom2014
Ten Bobsworth
Cajunboy
bryan458
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
Soul Kitchen
Chairmanda
Bwfc1958
MartinBWFC
Kane57
Boggersbelief
terenceanne
Norpig
observer
Sluffy
karlypants
gloswhite
whatsgoingon
Fabians Right Peg
Natasha Whittam
King Bill
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
rammywhite
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 35 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 50]

401Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 00:11

wanderlust wrote:So what Ken didn't say was that the embargo was only partially lifted. 
We are now allowed to sign youth players without EFL approval.
We can sign senior players subject to EFL approval providing the salary is in line with the financial projections.
Perhaps that's what Anderson should have said?
But we dont know if that is correct.  Again it is only your imagination.  

Even if it is, it shows he is doing what he can and working with the efl to do his utmost for the club.  But again im sure you can think of something to turn that into a bad thing

402Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 00:23

Bread2.0 wrote:Happy clap! Happy clap!
Why? There's more to say he has done good than otherwise as far as wanderers are concerned.  My question still stands and no one has offered a valid reason as to why we shouldnt back him.

That's not happy clapping.

403Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 12:21

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It's happy clapping because the logic appears to be:

"Yeah, we know he's a dodgy bastard with a track record of fiddling every time he gets anywhere near a football club Boardroom, but he wouldn't do that to us, would he?"

404Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 12:39

Bread2.0 wrote:It's happy clapping because the logic appears to be:

"Yeah, we know he's a dodgy bastard with a track record of fiddling every time he gets anywhere near a football club Boardroom, but he wouldn't do that to us, would he?"
Wow.

Thats the difference you see.   Im arguing my point using what i actually know so far since he has taken over without resorting to name calling.

Since he has taken over he has done everything he has set out to do.  Everyone has a past.  But again my question remains unanswered.

405Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 12:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Since he has taken over he has done everything he has set out to do.  Everyone has a past.  But again my question remains unanswered.
I answered it ages ago i.e. he put his own interests before the club, jeopardised the club's future and acted in a highly aggressive manner in the process. 

What more do you want? Does he have to come round and shit in your gob whilst you're sleeping for you not to trust the guy?

406Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 13:57

wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
I answered it ages ago i.e. he put his own interests before the club, jeopardised the club's future and acted in a highly aggressive manner in the process. 

What more do you want? Does he have to come round and shit in your gob whilst you're sleeping for you not to trust the guy?
No you didnt.  Not since i have asked that question did you answer it. 

Glad to see the two of you are on form with regards to intelligent debate.

:lazy:

The only time he has lost his cool is when the relentless attacks from the ST, iles and others are going full belt for him.  
As for putting his interests first, thats opinion not fact.

As for jeopardising the clubs future.  Thats laughable.  Hes done a hell of a lot more good than bad.  But if you get stuck just resort to shock and awe again.

407Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 13:58

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:lusty, let's just get one thing straight. Dean did NOT save the club, in fact he very nearly killed it with his idiocy. Taking out a loan that you cannot afford to repay is questionable at the best of times but to do it in the expectation that you'll be able to make a quick buck from an already severely ailing business was idiocy. Dean secured his loan with the shares he bought, common practice and one I have no beef with by itself but when the 'investment' he so confidently expected didn't materialise he was left with a bill he couldn't pay and the creditors would have taken his shares. Since they clearly wouldn't want to keep them given the state of the businesses finances at the time they would have sold them to the highest bidder assuming they could find one. In the event Ken did the only viable thing, he restructured the club's debts and took the shares himself.

You keep banging on about his past record and I do share your concerns about that but don't you think it's time to judge him by what he is doing right now rather than by what you think he might do later. From where I sit he's doing a lot of good things for us and his communication with us has also been top notch and crystal clear. So far as I can tell he's made no secret of where he stands on anything and (as of yesterday's post by him) there are no firm offers on the table nor has he given anyone instructions to look for them.

I believe Ken Anderson has the best interests of BWFC at heart, not out of some sense of altruism but because the only way he can hope to get his money back much less make a profit is to turn the club around and stabilise the finances. We are still a long way from being an attractive investment proposition as things stand but we are heading in the right direction. Maybe you should consider giving some credit where it's due. Ken Anderson is the man who's saved the club thus far no matter what the ST, Iles and others might say. If he continues doing what he has done so far then I believe in time we'll all have reason to be tremendously grateful to him whether he personally profits or not.

:clap:

Great post Peter.

Wanderlust and others simply won't give Anderson any credit and are utterly convinced he's out to shaft the club - and stand by this belief without any shred of evidence.

Yes Anderson served a lengthy ban from being a director in any business but how big would his balls have to be to do so again when everybody knows his history and are watching him like a hawk?

I don't think anyone (well probably apart from the moonman Wanderlust) can deny that Anderson has turned the club around from how it was a complete financial basket case to one that is getting close to trading at breakeven.

If Anderson can sell on at that point and walk away with a tidy profit for doing so - who really can blame him?

If you do judge a man from the company he keeps, then he is liked by not only the sports governing authority administrators - otherwise they would not have lifted the embargo - and they must have done because we are now TWO players over the maximum player limit (Noone and Henry have recently been signed) but also by the official liquidator acting in respect of the best interests of BluMarble.

So the courts and the sports governing body - who have both had access to the clubs accounts - have vested their trust in him - but Wanderlust who knows fuck all about any of the financial dealings within the club (unlike the EFL and the liquidator) and who has consistently and confidently stated that we won't come out of an embargo (why are Noone and Henry here then?) and he deliberately is blocking investors (whilst the club as published an official 'we are for sale' brocher) - tells us that he knows better (because he's got a good MBA - don't you know).

The man is a complete and utter plant pot.

And trying to reason with him is simply a complete waste of your and my time, Peter.

What a cock.
Great debate.

408Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 15:31

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm fascinated to see what Ken is going to do about our continuing slide back to League 1.

The transfer window will come far to late to attempt to rescue  us,   even if he had the funds  to invest in new players.

Relegation will blow a massive hole in his plans.

It is highly unlikely that we would bounce back  at the first attempt again!

409Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 15:42

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cajunboy wrote:I'm fascinated to see what Ken is going to do about our continuing slide back to League 1.

The transfer window will come far to late to attempt to rescue  us,   even if he had the funds  to invest in new players.

Bring in one free agent striker who can hit the target and we can get a bunch of points in the next four games. One good run can bring us back... of course, I have no idea of who might be available, nor do I think KA will spend gobs of money. I'm also not sure how much leeway KA has from the financial embargo (which may or may not be gone). Of course, saying that, KA is shrewd, and an investment now may bring him a few million more when he does sell. Keeping us up would be a worthwhile investment!

410Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 15:50

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

observer wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:I'm fascinated to see what Ken is going to do about our continuing slide back to League 1.

Bring in one free agent striker who can hit the target and we can get a bunch of points in the next four games.  One good run can bring us back... of course, I have no idea of who might be available, nor do I think KA will spend gobs of money. I'm also not sure how much leeway KA has from the financial embargo (which may or may not be gone).  Of course, saying that, KA is shrewd, and an investment now may bring him a few million more when he does sell.  Keeping us up would be a worthwhile investment!
KA is shrewd, but he is not a magician.

411Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 15:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:lusty, let's just get one thing straight. Dean did NOT save the club, in fact he very nearly killed it with his idiocy. Taking out a loan that you cannot afford to repay is questionable at the best of times but to do it in the expectation that you'll be able to make a quick buck from an already severely ailing business was idiocy. Dean secured his loan with the shares he bought, common practice and one I have no beef with by itself but when the 'investment' he so confidently expected didn't materialise he was left with a bill he couldn't pay and the creditors would have taken his shares. Since they clearly wouldn't want to keep them given the state of the businesses finances at the time they would have sold them to the highest bidder assuming they could find one. In the event Ken did the only viable thing, he restructured the club's debts and took the shares himself.

You keep banging on about his past record and I do share your concerns about that but don't you think it's time to judge him by what he is doing right now rather than by what you think he might do later. From where I sit he's doing a lot of good things for us and his communication with us has also been top notch and crystal clear. So far as I can tell he's made no secret of where he stands on anything and (as of yesterday's post by him) there are no firm offers on the table nor has he given anyone instructions to look for them.

I believe Ken Anderson has the best interests of BWFC at heart, not out of some sense of altruism but because the only way he can hope to get his money back much less make a profit is to turn the club around and stabilise the finances. We are still a long way from being an attractive investment proposition as things stand but we are heading in the right direction. Maybe you should consider giving some credit where it's due. Ken Anderson is the man who's saved the club thus far no matter what the ST, Iles and others might say. If he continues doing what he has done so far then I believe in time we'll all have reason to be tremendously grateful to him whether he personally profits or not.

Great post Peter.

Wanderlust and others simply won't give Anderson any credit and are utterly convinced he's out to shaft the club - and stand by this belief without any shred of evidence.

Yes Anderson served a lengthy ban from being a director in any business but how big would his balls have to be to do so again when everybody knows his history and are watching him like a hawk?

I don't think anyone (well probably apart from the moonman Wanderlust) can deny that Anderson has turned the club around from how it was a complete financial basket case to one that is getting close to trading at breakeven.

If Anderson can sell on at that point and walk away with a tidy profit for doing so - who really can blame him?

If you do judge a man from the company he keeps, then he is liked by not only the sports governing authority administrators - otherwise they would not have lifted the embargo - and they must have done because we are now TWO players over the maximum player limit (Noone and Henry have recently been signed) but also by the official liquidator acting in respect of the best interests of BluMarble.

So the courts and the sports governing body - who have both had access to the clubs accounts - have vested their trust in him - but Wanderlust who knows fuck all about any of the financial dealings within the club (unlike the EFL and the liquidator) and who has consistently and confidently stated that we won't come out of an embargo (why are Noone and Henry here then?) and he deliberately is blocking investors (whilst the club as published an official 'we are for sale' brocher) - tells us that he knows better (because he's got a good MBA - don't you know).

And trying to reason with him is simply a complete waste of your and my time, Peter.

What a cock.
Great debate.
More mass debate in the absence of any facts.
Comments like Anderson has turned the club around are completely and utter fiction. Fiction created by ...erm...Anderson.
Perhaps he might get the accounts in on time for once so we can see what he's really doing? 
Or publish what the EFL actually agreed about the embargo? Or disclose his long-standing relationship with convicted jailbird fraudster Collins? Or explain why anyone should trust a man who was banned from Directorships for syphoning off company money into his own pocket?
Trust Anderson? :rofl:

412Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 15:51

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Ideally we could get Jermain Defoe on loan until the end of the season.

413Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 15:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:Bring in one free agent striker who can hit the target and we can get a bunch of points in the next four games. Of course, I have no idea of who might be available

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

414Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 15:56

wanderlust wrote:
y2johnny wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Great post Peter.

What a cock.
Great debate.
More mass debate in the absence of any facts.
Comments like Anderson has turned the club around are completely and utter fiction. Fiction created by ...erm...Anderson.
Perhaps he might get the accounts in on time for once so we can see what he's really doing? 
Or publish what the EFL actually agreed about the embargo? Or disclose his long-standing relationship with convicted jailbird fraudster Collins? Or explain why anyone should trust a man who was banned from Directorships for syphoning off company money into his own pocket?
Trust Anderson? :rofl:
All hear say.  No facts.  Keep going.

:rofl:

415Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 16:05

Wanderlust wrote:More mass debate in the absence of any facts.
Trust Anderson? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Has anderson made the club more sustainable and realistic in terms of our outgoings being more in line with the incoming?  So not complete and utter fiction  then.

Next

The accounts was delayed by davies and no one knows whether they were a mess or not so we do not know whether or not it was andersons fault.

Next

We have promoted three youth players and signed karl henry.  No one wanted JOB or baptiste so why are people complaining we havent signed them?  We have obviously improved what we can do which is a step in the right direction.  Or is it not?

Next

Collins.  Right.  Breaders said so, and you jump on it straight away.  Taking it as gospel.  Im not saying breaders is right or wrong but it isnt fact.

Next

9 years ago.  People change.  Plus the scrutiny he is under from the efl he would have to be very good to get away with it.  Again, no fact or otherwise to say this is what he is doing.

Nothing solid again lusty.  All hear say.  But keep going

416Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 16:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

People do change Johnny. But if the Boston strangler moved in next door,then came round to borrow a pair of nylons,I'd be on my guard.

417Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 16:15

boltonbonce wrote:People do change Johnny. But if the Boston strangler moved in next door,then came round to borrow a pair of nylons,I'd be on my guard.
I understand that bonce.  And by all means be on your  guard.  But to outright blast him at every opportunity when the only facts that exist are positive seems to be a popular emotive simply becausr results areny going our way

If we was mid table and looking alright, we wouldnt be even having this conversation.

418Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 16:16

Also. Why have you got nylons

419Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 16:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They keep my legs warm in the Winter.

Haven't come up with an excuse for the suspender belt yet.

420Ken Anderson - update. - Page 21 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Oct 08 2017, 16:18

Also bonce.  As im not thenone who is getting personal etc.  Why not point out to the others that they may also be wrong.  No doubt it will get worse later on. (Not you bonce)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 35 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum