Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BREAKING NEWS - Gary Megson to be named Norwich City manager

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

By The Editor | March 10, 2017

By Ian Bred, Norfolk Correspondent
Gary Megson is set to be named the new manager of Norwich City on Monday, it can be revealed.

The Canaries will turn to charismatic Megson to rescue their season after sensationally sacking Alex Neil tonight.

Megson, a former Norwich player who managed the club in 1995 when he scraped an impressive 18% win ratio, has been told by owner Delia Smith she expects the team to make the play-offs this season.

Anything less will be a huge embarrassment for the Norfolk club, which was relegated from the Premier League last season with a strong playing squad and millions of pounds more in parachute payments.

The club languishes in eighth place in the Championship, nine points of the play off spots.

Carrow Road fans will be delighted by 57-year-old Megson’s return. The ginger boss, who famously scored a last-minute own goal at Ipswich to lose the East Anglian derby, is known for free-flowing, attacking football but has inexplicably been without a club since 2012.

A Norwich City insider told the Suffolk Gazette: “We are delighted to have snapped up Gary Megson on a five-year deal. He will be the most expensive manager we have ever had, but we will reap the rewards back in the Premiership.”
But former fans’ favourite Darren Huckerby is quoted on Wikipedia as doubting Megson’s style. He said: “I told him I didn’t like the way he coached, I didn’t like the way he shouted at his players and didn’t like the way he treated seasoned professionals like 15-year-olds.

“I was just being honest with him. I said: ‘I’ve seen you on the sidelines and you look like a crazed animal’.”

Megson is expected to name former Norwich goalkeeper Bryan Gunn as his chief coach.

Please support my running costs by clicking here and buying me a beer!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hopefully you should have realised that the story is from a spoof site but quite funny never the less.

Other story's it is running are -

Grandmother ‘tried to sell drugs’ found on Norfolk beach to pay for hip replacement.
(A grandmother has been arrested for allegedly trying to sell drugs she found washed up on a Norfolk beach – to pay for her hip replacement).

Awards gaffe names Ipswich as most desirable place to live in UK
(Ipswich was sensationally named as the best place to live in the UK – before someone realised the awards presenter had been given the wrong envelope).

and

Vegan to give up being smug for Lent
(Gemma Smithson, 29, of Woodbridge, has confirmed she will not thrust her annoyingly virtuous beliefs down everyone else’s throats for 40 whole days).

Quite a few other funny articles on here as well if you are interested -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyone up for doing Nuts News story's like these ones - we could do with a few good laughs!

Very Happy

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Must.....resist......!

I could have so much fun with this.

Fan forums....fall-outs over bizarre moderation policies....bans....new starts...fake accounts....lingering bitterness...appeasement rather than affirmative action to preserve the numbers......continuing rancour regarding former foes, especially if they have either (A) a controlling interest in a nascent Supporters' Trust or a rival fan site with a press pass and access to the club.....

So much material!

But it wouldn't go down too well so I won't do it.

It would be funny though if I put my mind to it.

In my capacity as "personal troll", obviously....

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Oh dear! Don't they read the papers in Norwich? He'll soon have spent all the parachute payments and they'll still be on a downward turn. Doubt they'll get relegated but would be good fun until term-end.

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The word charismatic so early gave it away. And we are a sitcom waiting to happen

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Looks like we will be playing Norwich next season then - and I don't mean in the Championship.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum