Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton v Chesterfield

+16
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
observer
Gothic_Wanderer
Chairmanda
gloswhite
Sluffy
Fabians Right Peg
rammywhite
Norpig
MartinBWFC
Jack Russell
karlypants
Bread2.0
boltonbonce
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Thu Mar 30 2017, 14:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Oxford Bags?

Must be posh in that there West Stand.
Better class of steward in the WSU certainly.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

22Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Fri Mar 31 2017, 07:24

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Bolton Wanderers v Chesterfield

1. Community Fiver

Bolton Wanderers fans attending this weekend’s game will pay just £5 to watch Phil Parkinson’s men in action for the Club’s annual Community Fixture.

Tickets are just £5 for all Whites supporters in the home sections of Macron Stadium and before the game they’ll be plenty of fun to be had around the stadium.

The Tower FM roadshow will be based in the town Centre on Saturday morning from the hours of 10am-1pm while you can also join the Kicks tournament at Castle Hill ahead of the game.

Elsewhere, a Samba band will be performing outside Bolton Central, a FIFA Tournament will take place in the Community Stand while Zoo Storm will be going into areas of the ground for people to trial some Virtual Reality.

If you know someone who isn’t coming this weekend, tell them to buy their ticket NOW!

2. Back at Macron Stadium

It feels like forever since we’ve heard Macron Stadium roar in support of the lads. We’ve racked up over 1,000 miles since the 11th March with just one home game taking place since that win over Fleetwood.

After wins on the road against both Oxford United and Shrewsbury, it’s time to get back home and entertain a passionate BL6 crowd.

Early indications are showing this weekend will be our biggest attendance of the season with over 20,000 fans expected through the gates.

As ever, we thank you for your tremendous support.

3. Six on the Spin?

Fleetwood Town, Gillingham, Northampton Town, Oxford United and Shrewsbury Town have all suffered defeat at the hands of Phil Parkinson’s side during the month of March.

This weekend we aim to make it six wins out of six when Chesterfield make the journey across the Pennines to Lancashire.

We have recorded six consecutive wins once this season recording wins over Blackpool, Swindon, Oldham, Millwall, Bury, Port Vale and Grimsby earlier in the season.

This run, however, featured wins in different competitions including the Checkatrade Trophy and The Emirates FA Cup, we are yet to put together six consecutive Sky Bet League One wins.

4. Injuries and Rotation

Phil Parkinson did receive some bad news during the 2-0 win over Shrewsbury Town last Saturday in the shape of injuries to Ben Alnwick, Andrew Taylor and Gary Madine.

It appears all three will miss the weekend’s game against Chesterfield with Mark Howard taking the place of Alnwick. The left-back position could be one of a number of players with Dean Moxey and Reece Wabara the two who could slip in without shuffling the formation.

Finally, we could see Chris Long take the place of Madine as we saw at Greenhous Meadow.

5. In form players 

Such is the case when you put together a run of positive results you more often than not get player’s performing to the best of their ability.

Darren Pratley and Gary Madine have been unplayable at times, while Josh Vela and Dorian Dervite have also put in a string of impressive performances.

It’s also hard to ignore what Filipe Morais has done of late, the Assist King registered another two assists against Shrewsbury Town.

Elsewhere, Mark Beevers and David Wheater are showing their goal scoring prowess, the defensive duo have a combined 13 goals this season now with Beevers scoring four in his last five.

Adam Le Fondre has also been in the goals, the striker has netted five times in his last five games. The only game he didn’t score in was the 4-2 win over Oxford in which he was subbed after 35 minutes with concussion.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

23Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Fri Mar 31 2017, 07:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Press Conference:

24Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Fri Mar 31 2017, 11:13

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MartinBWFC wrote:Apparently sold over 20.000 tickets for this one, and with pay on the day could end up around 25.000.

That means there's usually some tosser in my seat when I arrive- and usually won't shift.
Everything has a downside!!
Strange how if you really try you can dredge up some misery from even the best of circumstances.
Anyway we'll win this one 3-1

25Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Fri Mar 31 2017, 16:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] match preview has some interesting quotes from Iles who has apparently put the kiss of death on us by stating that recent results have fans thinking that we could overtake Sheffield United. The only thing that could achieve is to ensure that they will be fired up tomorrow so thanks Marc. Meanwhile the local editor talks about Chesterfield going for the double over us. Includes video of the game we lost at the Proact which doesn't make for pleasant watching especially Clough missing the 1 on 1 with the keeper and Spearing's wayward passing. Still that was then.

26Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Fri Mar 31 2017, 21:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bet chatbox will be quiet tomorrow.

27Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 07:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There will be no Radio Nuts today as I'm working away today unfortunately.

This is not an April Fool and everything will be back to normal for the next game!

Cheers.

28Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 10:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just missed the 28 bus to Leigh. Got another hour to wait. Might as well go home for a brew.

29Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 10:23

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

boltonbonce wrote:Just missed the 28 bus to Leigh. Got another hour to wait. Might as well go home for a brew.

Middlebrook is packed already Lots of people looking at new sofas and armchairs in DFS Laughing

30Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 10:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Just missed the 28 bus to Leigh. Got another hour to wait. Might as well go home for a brew.

Middlebrook is packed already Lots of people looking at new sofas and armchairs in DFS Laughing
That's why I'm coming early. The Macron bus doesn't get us there until half two on a normal match day,so I'm giving it the elbow. It'll probably get stuck today.
Bloody armchair supporters!

31Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 10:34

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The youngest is primed and ready, she heard someone ask her where Joe Mason was earlier in the season, to which she went on a five minute rant about him leaving years ago, not being one of our players and wasn't much cop in her opinion anyway.

God help anyone who is sat near us and isn't up to speed on the latest comings and goings.

Great to see such a large crowd though, makes you wonder if we have got the pricing right on season tickets, surely there is scope for cheaper tickets and still make the same gate receipts?

32Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 10:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It'll be good to see a healthy crowd again. To be fair,many people are armchair supporters because they simply can't afford to come.
Can't see prices going down in the short term though.
Right,that's me off to the bus stop again.

33Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 11:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:There will be no Radio Nuts today as I'm working away today unfortunately.

This is not an April Fool and everything will be back to normal for the next game!

Cheers.
Is anyone else in a position to post it?

34Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 14:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
karlypants wrote:There will be no Radio Nuts today as I'm working away today unfortunately.

Cheers.
Is anyone else in a position to post it?

No - we are all beholding to Karly's continual goodwill.

It would be a real shame for all of us if someone has pissed him off by not drawing a line under things and moving on.

35Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 14:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

36Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 14:48

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

You blaming me for the lack of a radio link now?

(And it's "beholden" by the way.)

37Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 14:56

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Cheers.

Really KP ?

Is there not someone else who can do this, especially as so many people listen to it?

A two week ban from Bargain Booze for you  Very Happy

38Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 15:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bread2.0 wrote:You blaming me for the lack of a radio link now?

If the cap fits.

You knew full well what you were doing and I couldn't blame Karly if he didn't want to be on here today because of it.

You don't bring peoples personal family and loved ones into things because you hold a pathetic, meaningless little grudge on the internet.

That's just being thoroughly nasty and spiteful.

39Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 15:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:You blaming me for the lack of a radio link now?

If the cap fits.

You knew full well what you were doing and I couldn't blame Karly if he didn't want to be on here today because of it.
Come on Sluffy. KP is working away so I don't get the relevance of this.

40Bolton v Chesterfield - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton v Chesterfield Sat Apr 01 2017, 15:32

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm not even going to dignify that mental bollocks with a response.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum