Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Benik Afobe to join on loan

+9
Hipster_Nebula
largehat
TheHateCamel
Reebok_Rebel
JakeSnake
doffcocker
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Benik Afobe to join on loan Tue Jul 31 2012, 12:16

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Bolton want to hurry through a loan deal for pacy Arsenal teen Benik Afobe.

Owen Coyle is hoping to bring the 19-year-old England youth international to the Reebok as quickly as possible now that he has returned from the Gunners’ tour of the Far East.

“If the gaffer wants me to go out on loan for six months, or even the whole season, then I would relish that opportunity because playing for Reading last year was very beneficial for me,” he said.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Re: Benik Afobe to join on loan Tue Jul 31 2012, 12:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pointless signing, Coyle has already decided on his best team, this kid will spend all season on the bench.

3Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Re: Benik Afobe to join on loan Tue Jul 31 2012, 13:02

I agree, don't see this as a good signing. His records at Huddersfield and Reading aren't great. I haven't seen much of him granted but I think we need a clinical striker, to guarantee us a few more goals, there must be better loan options than this.

4Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Re: Benik Afobe to join on loan Tue Jul 31 2012, 13:58

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Agreed- loanees still cost and we've enough young untested players of our own who deserve a chance.
If he's going to borrow players he needs to make sure they can genuinely challenge for a first team place

5Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Re: Benik Afobe to join on loan Tue Jul 31 2012, 14:15

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Massively underwhelming news.

I was at the CC match at Villa where Kakuta was an absolute breath of fresh air - linked up brilliantly with the rest of the team, caused huge problems with his pace and scored a great goal from outside the area. That was the first and last match he started.

That's what these loan players are up against.

6Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Re: Benik Afobe to join on loan Thu Aug 02 2012, 08:11

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

He won't add anything and that's the mystery striker... I was hoping something like Santa Cruz or Bellamy.... Or even Rhodes. It's just an unproven player who wont do anything for the club

7Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Re: Benik Afobe to join on loan Thu Aug 02 2012, 08:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

JakeSnake wrote:He won't add anything and that's the mystery striker... I was hoping something like Santa Cruz or Bellamy.... Or even Rhodes. It's just an unproven player who wont do anything for the club

We do need a big name signing to get the fans excited. I think Santa Cruz & Bellamy are a bit out of reach though!

8Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Re: Benik Afobe to join on loan Thu Aug 02 2012, 09:35

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've no time for players who think they are bigger than the club...

Danny Sturridge was the same - yes, he is an awesome player and we needed his goals, but he was never actually interested in playing for us - ok, most loans are not that arsed, but when they go over the top to make the point by constantly saying stuff like 'I dont want to play for this club, I cant wait to get back to my ('big') club...It kind of takes the gloss off it.

the only 2 recent loans I have any level of respect for are Ivan 'shit footballer but hell could he finish' Klasnic and Jack Wiltshire - Klasnic as he signed for us after his loan and seemed to 'enjoy' and 'want' to be here - and Jack because he never really 'put us down' during his spell, seemed to get involved with the squad as much as he could (outside of football) and still keeps one eye on how we are doing (I always see his tweets/Facebook updates about us)

I feel players like afobe and Sturridge are just tools to be used... and in turn, they are using MY club as a tool too...

I'm still not too keen on loans - imagine if we had decided to pay the 6 or 7 million for sturridge - garty could have sold him for 30 million sooner or later :/

but needs must i suppose...

9Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Re: Benik Afobe to join on loan Thu Aug 02 2012, 19:48

TheHateCamel

TheHateCamel
David Lee
David Lee

If this lad comes on loan he will get games because of the congested fixture list. That and the fact that SKD or N'gog are bound to break down at some point. If he starts 10 games and comes on as a sub in 10 more, then bags us 10 goals, he'll have been worth the loan.
I'm not too bothered if he refers to his parent club in every interview, after all as an Arsenal player his motivation is to get into that side by scoring goals for us.

Either way it'll be a win win.

10Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Re: Benik Afobe to join on loan Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:06

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

TheHateCamel wrote:If this lad comes on loan he will get games because of the congested fixture list. That and the fact that SKD or N'gog are bound to break down at some point. If he starts 10 games and comes on as a sub in 10 more, then bags us 10 goals, he'll have been worth the loan.
I'm not too bothered if he refers to his parent club in every interview, after all as an Arsenal player his motivation is to get into that side by scoring goals for us.

Either way it'll be a win win.

We still need a real goal scoring threat

11Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Re: Benik Afobe to join on loan Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:18

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I've no time for players who think they are bigger than the club...

Danny Sturridge was the same - yes, he is an awesome player and we needed his goals, but he was never actually interested in playing for us - ok, most loans are not that arsed, but when they go over the top to make the point by constantly saying stuff like 'I dont want to play for this club, I cant wait to get back to my ('big') club...It kind of takes the gloss off it.

the only 2 recent loans I have any level of respect for are Ivan 'shit footballer but hell could he finish' Klasnic and Jack Wiltshire - Klasnic as he signed for us after his loan and seemed to 'enjoy' and 'want' to be here - and Jack because he never really 'put us down' during his spell, seemed to get involved with the squad as much as he could (outside of football) and still keeps one eye on how we are doing (I always see his tweets/Facebook updates about us)

I feel players like afobe and Sturridge are just tools to be used... and in turn, they are using MY club as a tool too...

I'm still not too keen on loans - imagine if we had decided to pay the 6 or 7 million for sturridge - garty could have sold him for 30 million sooner or later :/

but needs must i suppose...

Rebel, this is without doubt the most idiotic thing you've posted on here. Even more idiotic than your 'hate filled rant' after the Crewe game. I've read it all before of course, but it doesn't get any less annoying. People like you shouldn't be allowed to use the internet.

12Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Re: Benik Afobe to join on loan Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:
Rebel, this is without doubt the most idiotic thing you've posted on here. Even more idiotic than your 'hate filled rant' after the Crewe game. I've read it all before of course, but it doesn't get any less annoying. People like you shouldn't be allowed to use the internet.

Largehat, I'm beginning to think you you aren't a football fan at all, just an intellectual trying to fit in with the common man and woman for some sort of experiment.

Some people on here are passionate about football and BWFC. And when you're passionate about somthing you can't always be reasonable and thoughtful in your point of view.

Give people a break.

13Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Re: Benik Afobe to join on loan Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:35

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Some people on here are passionate about football and BWFC. And when you're passionate about somthing you can't always be reasonable and thoughtful in your point of view.

Give people a break.

You're so correct.

She's correct, largehat.

14Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Re: Benik Afobe to join on loan Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:36

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Largehat, I'm beginning to think you you aren't a football fan at all, just an intellectual trying to fit in with the common man and woman for some sort of experiment.

Give people a break.

It will be a very emasculating experience for Rebel when he reads you leap to his defense.

As for the rest of your post, I'm a visionary like Malcolm X or Einstein.

15Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Re: Benik Afobe to join on loan Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

As for the rest of your post, I'm a visionary like Malcolm X or Einstein.

Einstein the dog?

16Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Re: Benik Afobe to join on loan Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:39

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Give people a break.

You're so correct.

She's correct, largehat.

I thought I made it reasonably clear the other day that I'm really not arsed about perceptions of me as a poster on an internet forum. I don't break any of the rules. The rest is up to me. If people don't like it, they can add me to their Foes list. If the people who own the forum don't like it, they can ban me. I don't give a shit. They'd probably be doing me a favour, and both of you two hypocrites by the sounds of things.

17Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Re: Benik Afobe to join on loan Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

I thought I made it reasonably clear the other day that I'm really not arsed about perceptions of me as a poster on an internet forum. I don't break any of the rules. The rest is up to me. If people don't like it, they can add me to their Foes list. If the people who own the forum don't like it, they can ban me. I don't give a shit. They'd probably be doing me a favour, and both of you two hypocrites by the sounds of things.

Stop crying, I was just asking you to try and understand why people sometimes post passionate bollocks, don't be so quick to have a pop at them.

18Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Re: Benik Afobe to join on loan Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't fight lads.

Sad

19Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Re: Benik Afobe to join on loan Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:46

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:

I'm not looking for a slanging match. I just think you can do without the laying into people each time they write something a bit irrational.

20Benik Afobe to join on loan Empty Re: Benik Afobe to join on loan Thu Aug 02 2012, 22:47

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

the only 2 recent loans I have any level of respect for are Ivan 'shit footballer but hell could he finish' Klasnic and Jack Wiltshire - Klasnic as he signed for us after his loan and seemed to 'enjoy' and 'want' to be here

So you would rather have Klasnic, who was nicely settled in Bolton, and enjoyed his large pay cheque each week but was lazy on the field and had little ambition, and couldn't even make the starting 11,

to Sturridge, who bust a gut every game (scored 8 goals in 12 games, Klas needed 27 games to do that), cared only about winning and was aspiring to play for one of the best teams in the world?

Guessing your hoping Sordell turns out to be the type of footballer whose happy to cruise along giving average performances and stay at Bolton, but the life and soul of the Wanderers Christmas Party.

After this post I don't think you can really criticise Coyle anymore, if your looking for people who love the club, fans and are happy to be here then hes pretty much your perfect appointment.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum