Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+27
Travelodge
Dunkels King
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
scottjames30
Bread2.0
xmiles
Chairmanda
wessy
Cajunboy
Bollotom2014
Bwfc1958
JAH
okocha
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
karlypants
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
bwfc71
wanderlust
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 50]

141Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Sep 12 2017, 18:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Although I voted for Brexit, and still believe in it, I'm disappointed at how all the politicians are behaving. What happened to having pride in the nation ? Instead they are all playing party politics, and as for the negotiations, its ludicrous how we appear, (if you read the press), to be cocking everything up. Having said that, I believe the two EU negotiators will be moved aside soon, and serious negotiations will take place. 
Every now and then you hear comments about how they are concerned about being too fair with the UK, as this will lead to others wanting out, even though they know they cant ignore us. Lets hope things are actually better behind the scenes, and they will come to the fore, when we get over the supposed problems for the three initial issues.

142Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Sep 12 2017, 20:05

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:There's enough cash in the system for us all to endure fairly easily. The problem is with the politicians, who claim that we are one step from the poor house, if we make a wrong decision. This is stopping investment across the board, and the problem of the fair distribution of finances, and services, seems to elude common sense, with everybody blaming Brexit, in the past, now, and for the future. Its a smoke screen that everybody, regardless of political persuasion, find convenient to hide behind.
Well said!!!!

143Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Sep 21 2017, 11:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Petersen Institute of International Economics put their oar in.

Doomed I tell you! We're all doomed!

Make's some very valid points though.

144Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Sep 21 2017, 11:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

145Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Sep 22 2017, 09:40

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Oh, Mrs. May, what have you done?! 

If you give a bully money, he will simply come back for more, more.....

146Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Sep 22 2017, 10:37

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

okocha wrote:Oh, Mrs. May, what have you done?! 

If you give a bully money, he will simply come back for more, more.....
Good point, but if you make commitments, then you have to abide by them. 
As much as it galls us, we will have to pay something, however, very little is said about our assets in the EU, so there's still a lot of wriggle room available to both sides. I see the payments as the key that will open the door to sensible talks, whether its a rusty key, or a golden one, only time will tell.

147Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Fri Sep 22 2017, 18:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The big May Brexit speech. What a joke!

Summarised by

* We're not really leaving Europe and we are still Europeans
* Please be nice to us an cut us a deal
* Keep trade as it is until 2021

But mainly it was "please sir, cut us a deal".

Pathetic although it was to be expected seeing as the EU holds all the cards. 

Lord knows what the Leave voters will make of that but there wasn't much "taking control" going on.

148Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Sep 23 2017, 12:04

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

149Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Sep 23 2017, 12:27

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

gloswhite wrote:Although I voted for Brexit, and still believe in it, I'm disappointed at how all the politicians are behaving. What happened to having pride in the nation ? Instead they are all playing party politics, and as for the negotiations, its ludicrous how we appear, (if you read the press), to be cocking everything up. Having said that, I believe the two EU negotiators will be moved aside soon, and serious negotiations will take place. 
Every now and then you hear comments about how they are concerned about being too fair with the UK, as this will lead to others wanting out, even though they know they cant ignore us. Lets hope things are actually better behind the scenes, and they will come to the fore, when we get over the supposed problems for the three initial issues.
This all started by the Tories playing party politics with the nation by offering a referendum that didn't quite go plan, so why i are you disappointed .

As for the earlier death threat to my generation, youth is no guarantee of longevity, the church yard is littered with all ages so don't be so smug hang your head in shame at those remarks.

150Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Sep 23 2017, 13:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yo Dave!
You mentioned you're looking to move to Spain so was wondering if you have any info on getting your money converted and out of the country before the crash?

151Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Sep 23 2017, 14:00

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

We've employed the services of a currency broker (woo hoo! Get us!) and have started moving bits over.

Our bank (Lloyds) allows you to transfer £25k at a time simply by using your debit card (which is a bit scary when you think about it).

The rate's still not brilliant (£1: 1.11Euro) but it's better than it has been and the transactions are free.

When you apply for your NIE number (which you need to become a Spanish resident) you can then open a Spanish bank account.

Th only problem is, we have discovered that you need to go into your branch to set up internet banking for some bizarre reason, so transferring money was initially a bit of a leap of faith which resulted in a few sleepless nights.

All in all it's quite a simple process and we're now getting a better return on the money which had previously been accruing almost nothing for the last 10 years in our ISA's.

152Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Sep 23 2017, 15:33

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hi Breaders. How's it going ?

153Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Sep 23 2017, 15:41

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Not bad, ta Glos.

Oh shit...we're behind!

154Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Sep 23 2017, 15:43

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good. Hope it all works out for you.

155Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Sep 23 2017, 15:47

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cheers, matey.

156Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Sep 23 2017, 17:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:We've employed the services of a currency broker (woo hoo! Get us!) and have started moving bits over.

Our bank (Lloyds) allows you to transfer £25k at a time simply by using your debit card (which is a bit scary when you think about it).

The rate's still not brilliant (£1: 1.11Euro) but it's better than it has been and the transactions are free.

When you apply for your NIE number (which you need to become a Spanish resident) you can then open a Spanish bank account.

Th only problem is, we have discovered that you need to go into your branch to set up internet banking for some bizarre reason, so transferring money was initially a bit of a leap of faith which resulted in a few sleepless nights.

All in all it's quite a simple process and we're now getting a better return on the money which had previously been accruing almost nothing for the last 10 years in our ISA's.
Cheers. i have a euro account with Banco Novo (formerly BES) in Portugal so if there's no magic formula I guess the trick is just to wait for good exchange rate days. 

Hope you're keeping well amigo.

157Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Sep 23 2017, 17:39

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cheers.

Yeah, that's pretty much it - wait and watch the rate.

The guy who helped us said they think it's about as high as it's going to get for the foreseeable unless something dramatic happens regarding Brexit, ie it gets abandoned.

158Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 05 2017, 12:45

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Channel 4 news coming live from Bath this eve...last week they covered Brexit from Leavers point of view, this evening it's Remain. If I get chance to speak, I'd like to say we were asked a binary yes/no question whereas we are all on a continuum and the longer the Brexit 'negotiations' go on, the more those in the middle change their view and it only takes 2% of them to switch for it all to be reversed. I'm not on panel, I'm in the audience, so may not get a chance.

159Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 05 2017, 13:17

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'll deffo be tuning in - Ta for the heads up.

I'm becoming more and more convinced with every passing day that it'll never happen.

There's simply too much at stake and I can't see any politician wanting to have "Broke Britain as a direct result of blindly driving off the Brexit cliff" as their lasting legacy.

Keep "negotiating" (if that's what you can call it) by all means, but when it becomes apparent in about 12 months time that there's no deal to be had (as plenty of us have long predicted), hold a second referendum before it's too late.

Apologise to Brussels then quietly consign this unholy mess to the dustbin of history and get back to some sort of normality.

160Brexit negotiations - Page 8 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Thu Oct 05 2017, 15:30

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I hope you are right Bread but the trouble with the brexit loonies is that they will never stop with their fantasies. Only recently Boris repeated his lies about the £350m a week that we supposedly pay to the EU.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum