Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+27
Travelodge
Dunkels King
rammywhite
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
scottjames30
Bread2.0
xmiles
Chairmanda
wessy
Cajunboy
Bollotom2014
Bwfc1958
JAH
okocha
Reebok Trotter
Soul Kitchen
Sluffy
karlypants
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
bwfc71
wanderlust
31 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 34 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 50]

341Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Nov 18 2017, 19:23

gloswhite wrote:Haven't a clue, but that is what I heard. I should have said that the way it was stated was that overall 40-50 billion is very small in the greater scheme of things..

That's about 10% of our total exports, according to the ONS.

342Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Nov 18 2017, 23:17

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
Heard a comment yesterday that many pro-brexit, (must admit, myself included), think the 40 or 50 billion isn't too bad, because we'll get it back through trade anyway, (don't know over what period), but as we've seen its more about politics , on both sides, than common sense. at the moment. 
It seems the French and Germans are now being looked on as too demanding, by the few countries that are putting most cash into the EU, as they will lose, by percentage, far more than the big two, and they aren't prepared to put up with much more.

I don't see how we are going to make a 40 to 50 billion pound surplus on trade after leaving the EU. What are we going to be exporting and to whom to generate this level of profit?
Haven't a clue, but that is what I heard. I should have said that the way it was stated was that overall 40-50 billion is very small in the greater scheme of things..

Was it written on the side of a red bus?
Very Happy  Like it

343Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Nov 18 2017, 23:21

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Haven't a clue, but that is what I heard. I should have said that the way it was stated was that overall 40-50 billion is very small in the greater scheme of things..

That's about 10% of our total exports, according to the ONS.
Rightly or wrongly, I would take that as vindication of the statement, especially if spread over a period of time.

344Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Nov 20 2017, 16:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Summary of Barnier speech here.

...in which he contradicts May/Davis by saying that UK banks will lose their EU passport rights when Brexit happens - a disaster for the UK economy. Also says that if the UK "diverges too much from the EU regulatory model" they will block any trade deal. What a fiasco!
How can May/Davis make such claims when the people they are negotiating with aren't going to go for it?

345Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Nov 20 2017, 16:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brexit minister apologises to peers for saying article 50 cannot be revoked

Lord Callanan, who was appointed a Brexit minister last month to replace Lady Anelay, who stood down for health reasons, has just apologised in the House of Lords for telling peers last week that article 50 could not be revoked.
Asked a week ago today to confirm that the supreme court, in the Gina Miller case, said article 50 was irrevocable, he said: 

I can confirm that. It is also stated by the European commission that article 50, once invoked, is irrevocable unless there is political agreement on it.
The Labour peer Andrew Adonis said he would be reporting Callanan to the privileges committee over this because it was a false statement that Callanan was refusing to correct.
And today Callanan did apologise. In a statement to peers, he said that his statement last Monday was incorrect. That was a result of “a misunderstanding of the question”, he said. 

To reiterate, for the avoidance of any doubt, the supreme court proceeded in the Miller case on the basis that article 50 would not be be revoked, but did not rule on the legal position regarding its irrevocability. It was, and remains, the government’s policy that our notification of article 50 will not be withdrawn ...
I recognise that my comments have caused confusion and I apologise to the House.

346Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Nov 20 2017, 20:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

347Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Nov 20 2017, 20:34

Her character really is boring, and she's stretching it beyond belief here. Staying in the customs union or even the single market is a perfectly reasonable position to hold.

348Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Nov 20 2017, 21:06

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/20/electoral-commission-launches-inquiry-into-leave-campaign-funding?

One of a few funding enquiries at the moment, would there be fair ground and for a second referendum should they go through?

350Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Nov 20 2017, 22:45

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Oh dear.

351Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 21 2017, 00:04

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

All entirely predictable but not something the brexit campaign bothered to mention.

352Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 21 2017, 16:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

All entirely predictable but not something the brexit campaign bothered to mention.
It was mentioned but by the industry "experts" who apparently don't have any expertise and should therefore be ignored according to the Brextremists.
The first of millions of jobs that will be lost - but at least we are taking back control of f****** up the country. And we are experts at that.

353Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 21 2017, 16:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nobody mention the £40 billion payoff that May is hoping to get away with? 
It will be more but even that is double the alleged "savings" we were supposed to make.
Idiots.

354Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Nov 25 2017, 10:31

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

And it just keeps getting better:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42121442

355Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Sat Nov 25 2017, 14:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:And it just keeps getting better:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42121442
That was always going to happen though.
I know that being completely ignorant about/having a nationalist media-tainted false picture of how the world actually works fuelled Brexit but surely the Government would have worked out where we are really at? 
When will the Government stop pandering to the Leavers and start telling the truth? Them staying in power is surely a secondary consideration to saving the country?

356Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 28 2017, 11:50

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/28/keir-starmer-keeps-pressure-on-david-davis-over-edited-brexit-papers

Insulting, and clearly in contempt of parliament. One of the most important arguments against Brexit was that you couldn't trust the likes of Davis and Boris, another argument that's come to fruition.

357Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 28 2017, 13:13

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

T.R.O.Y wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/nov/28/keir-starmer-keeps-pressure-on-david-davis-over-edited-brexit-papers

Insulting, and clearly in contempt of parliament. One of the most important arguments against Brexit was that you couldn't trust the likes of Davis and Boris, another argument that's come to fruition.

When even a hard core brexit fan like Jacob Rees-Mogg complains about Davis' behaviour you can be pretty certain that something underhand is going on.

358Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Nov 28 2017, 13:44

I almost feel sorry for Davis, in that he's being asked to deliver the impossible, but then I remember it's his own delusions and lies which got us into this mess. 

The latest trend amongst the Brexiteers is anti-Irish sentiment over border negotiations. Anyone who doesn't see this for the shambles it is needs a shake.

359Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 29 2017, 13:46

James O'Brien nailing it: 
We’re paying tens of billions of pounds to leave the world’s largest free trade area while surrendering all of our ability to define its rights & regulations.

All so that we can hopefully start negotiating an inferior arrangement with the world’s largest free trade area.

360Brexit negotiations - Page 18 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Nov 29 2017, 17:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Apparently close to agreement on the divorce settlement bit. Over £40 billion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 34 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum