Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-2 Derby

+10
Norpig
Jack Russell
gloswhite
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
karlypants
Fabians Right Peg
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Bolton 1-2 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Derby Sun Aug 20 2017, 12:29

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sheffield United are showing that a back three can work in this league - providing the wing backs push on. It won't work for us as long as Parky has them forming a back 5 at the drop of a hat, because we'll never get forward with possession. If the players aren't comfortable enough in possession to play that system, or that he feels that the defence doesn't get enough protection from midfield, he should choose a system that best suits their qualities e.g. 433, 424, 4231 or similar. But as I keep saying, Parky comes across as very stubborn and very set in his ways and it will be interesting to see if he has the humility to come out and admit that he was wrong and change things.

22Bolton 1-2 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Derby Sun Aug 20 2017, 13:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Morais is wasted at wing back, again yesterday he was the only bright spark and creative option, we need him operating further up the field. From what i've seen this season the wingbacks aren't getting the chance to get forward as much as last season due to a better standard in the Championship.

I would try a flat back four and have one holding player - a 4132 formation with Derik or Burke playing infront of the back 4 and the likes of Morais and Buckley further forward.

23Bolton 1-2 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Derby Sun Aug 20 2017, 13:15

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'd like to see us playing 4-5-1 at home, as has been said Morais is wasted  at wing back, and get 2 wingers creating chances, but as Norpig says Parkinson seems to be stubborn manager, if he carries on with this formation we'll be down by February.

24Bolton 1-2 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Derby Sun Aug 20 2017, 13:15

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You listen to Parky's post match interview and there is not a word about lack of creativity or negative football. He either doesn't know or got his head in the sand. Three center backs on the pitch at home?
I based my prediction of 21st on getting points at home from the likes of Derby and Leeds. Early days but it doesn't look good so far. especially when the manager doesn't seem to know where the problem is.

25Bolton 1-2 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Derby Sun Aug 20 2017, 14:59

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No point in having wingers if the centre midfielders, can't pass or controls portions of the game, we are very poor centrally and even when Taylor and Morais get forward, our centre midfielders can't find them.

Karacan offers nothing at all as far as I can see, Cullen reminds me of young spearing every pass side ways of backwards and Pratley is fecking useless.

Need Buckley in there and Vela back as soon as possible.

This is going to be a long season.

26Bolton 1-2 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Derby Sun Aug 20 2017, 19:05

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fabians Right Peg wrote:No point in having wingers if the centre midfielders, can't pass or controls portions of the game, we are very poor centrally and even when Taylor and Morais get forward, our centre midfielders can't find them.

Karacan offers nothing at all as far as I can see, Cullen reminds me of young spearing every pass side ways of backwards and Pratley is fecking useless.

Need Buckley in there and Vela back as soon as possible.

This is going to be a long season.
Or very short.

27Bolton 1-2 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Derby Mon Aug 21 2017, 09:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched former Wanderers Alonso and Mooy scoring the winners for Chelsea and Huddersfield respectively and both games were interesting from our perspective. Chelsea play a back 3 but with 3 strong battlers in front of them effectively having 2 banks of 3 allowing the wing backs to wander all over the shop as required. It works for them because they have a really solid centre that can boss the midfield a prevent attacks through the middle. Without the likes of Kante and Luiz protecting the defence we shouldn't be doing it in the Championship. And Huddersfield showed that with a modicum of quality and a limited budget it's possible to compete providing they are disciplined and work as  team. If Parky takes that on board we might be able to improve considerably.

28Bolton 1-2 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Derby Mon Aug 21 2017, 13:18

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:Watched former Wanderers Alonso and Mooy scoring the winners for Chelsea and Huddersfield respectively and both games were interesting from our perspective. Chelsea play a back 3 but with 3 strong battlers in front of them effectively having 2 banks of 3 allowing the wing backs to wander all over the shop as required. It works for them because they have a really solid centre that can boss the midfield a prevent attacks through the middle. Without the likes of Kante and Luiz protecting the defence we shouldn't be doing it in the Championship. And Huddersfield showed that with a modicum of quality and a limited budget it's possible to compete providing they are disciplined and work as  team. If Parky takes that on board we might be able to improve considerably.
In the Huddersfield game did you see when they showed non other then Frankie Worthington sitting in the crowd?   One of the best to ever wear a Bolton shirt IMO.

29Bolton 1-2 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Derby Mon Aug 21 2017, 13:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poor old Frankie Worthy has Alzheimers doesn't he? Saw a program about Stan Bowles recently and he was with Worthy and they said they were both diagnosed with it. Don't think Frank is as far advanced as Bowles but sad all the same

30Bolton 1-2 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Derby Mon Aug 21 2017, 17:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Poor old Frankie Worthy has Alzheimers doesn't he? Saw a program about Stan Bowles recently and he was with Worthy and they said they were both diagnosed with it. Don't think Frank is as far advanced as Bowles but sad all the same
I was on the embankment when he scored 'that goal'. I'll never forget it.

Just reminds us how Father Time ticks for us all.

31Bolton 1-2 Derby - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Derby Mon Aug 21 2017, 18:23

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:Poor old Frankie Worthy has Alzheimers doesn't he? Saw a program about Stan Bowles recently and he was with Worthy and they said they were both diagnosed with it. Don't think Frank is as far advanced as Bowles but sad all the same
I was on the embankment when he scored 'that goal'. I'll never forget it.

Just reminds us how Father Time ticks for us all.

People watching that goal today might not get the magic of it.....at the time there were very few players in England pulling tricks off like that or had the balls to even try to do it.  Overhead kicks etc. were not ever attempted barre from Pele and such.
That particular goal gets all the attention but week to week he was a pleasure to watch.  Unfortunately never got his due regarding England duty......usual reasons.... idiot managers and not playing for Utd at the time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum