Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hull 4-0 BWFC

+16
Leeds_Trotter
Jack Russell
observer
DEANO82
boltonbonce
karlypants
Boggersbelief
Fabians Right Peg
rammywhite
MartinBWFC
Norpig
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Hull 4-0 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Hull 4-0 BWFC Sat 26 Aug - 7:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just watched the highlights again. Felt like going back to bed.

42Hull 4-0 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Hull 4-0 BWFC Sat 26 Aug - 9:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Bolton Wanderers boss Phil Parkinson offers apology for Hull City defeat

Another BWFC manager who can't face facts: we are shite and he is clueless.

Karcan(t) going off early probably prevented a bigger scoreline, he is rubbish.

Once again the team wilted under a bit of pressure. Where are the leaders? Where is the commitment?

Parky out.

43Hull 4-0 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Hull 4-0 BWFC Sat 26 Aug - 10:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Parky has to give up the 3 at the back, it's not working at this level (especially with Dervite playing and no Wheater) and go back to a back 4. Morais is killing himself as a wingback and we need him further forward.
What does Derik have to do to get a start as well?

44Hull 4-0 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Hull 4-0 BWFC Sat 26 Aug - 10:49

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The way things are going, this is looking worse than the last time we were in this league, Parkinson is too far out of his depth, we all see that the players we have are not good enough to play his system, yet he persists with it, could it be he knows only one system? if so we'll be as good as down by Christmas.

45Hull 4-0 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Hull 4-0 BWFC Sat 26 Aug - 11:52

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You have three center backs on the pitch....that's three cloggers. Never will work over the long term IMO
Overall though I expect many more of these hammerings this season. We don't have the financial where with all to compete at this level and Parky is defensive manager who doesn't understand that defense starts at the front. Anyhow I'm still going for 4th from bottom at the minute.

46Hull 4-0 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Hull 4-0 BWFC Sat 26 Aug - 12:05

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:You have three center backs on the pitch....that's three cloggers. Never will work over the long term IMO
Overall though I expect many more of these hammerings this season. We don't have the financial where with all to compete at this level and Parky is defensive manager who doesn't understand that defense starts at the front. Anyhow I'm still going for 4th from bottom at the minute.
We are a million miles off that target, as I said we'll be lucky not to be cut adrift by Christmas.

47Hull 4-0 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Hull 4-0 BWFC Sat 26 Aug - 13:52

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's said he'll take at look at himself so hopefully that means a change of tactics

48Hull 4-0 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Hull 4-0 BWFC Sat 26 Aug - 13:55

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

No Comment.

49Hull 4-0 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Hull 4-0 BWFC Sat 26 Aug - 17:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:No Comment.
And where have you been hiding????

50Hull 4-0 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Hull 4-0 BWFC Sat 26 Aug - 23:08

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

karlypants wrote:
Angry Dad wrote:No Comment.
And where have you been hiding????
Here and there, bit of this and that.

51Hull 4-0 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Hull 4-0 BWFC Sat 26 Aug - 23:49

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've never liked Parky's style of play but I really hope there isn't a witch hunt against him this season. Well there will be one, no doubt about it, but his tactics, team selections, substitutions etc are far from the only thing taking us back down.

Some of the money getting spent in this division at the moment really is ridiculous. Even numerous clubs we would probably consider "smaller" than us are paying £5m+ for a player. Meanwhile we're just making do with various youngsters on loan, and freebies.

This season was always going to be a reality check.

52Hull 4-0 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Hull 4-0 BWFC Sun 27 Aug - 8:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I've never liked Parky's style of play but I really hope there isn't a witch hunt against him this season. Well there will be one, no doubt about it, but his tactics, team selections, substitutions etc are far from the only thing taking us back down.

Some of the money getting spent in this division at the moment really is ridiculous. Even numerous clubs we would probably consider "smaller" than us are paying £5m+ for a player. Meanwhile we're just making do with various youngsters on loan, and freebies.

You can go a long way on heart and commitment, even if your squad is poor. How many times have we been stuffed in recent years by clubs without a pot to piss in.

If the players put the effort in, and the manager picked a formation to suit the players, we'd have half a chance. Unfortunately these players don't seem to give a shit, and the manager is ego driven. It's a recipe for early relegation.

53Hull 4-0 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Hull 4-0 BWFC Sun 27 Aug - 10:16

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

rammywhite wrote:There's no evidence that we can compete with Hull. I expect to lose 3-0
Good shout, rammy. I don't go in for predicting results but what we got what was not far from what might reasonably have been expected.

Can Ken somehow find the money needed to see us through the next few difficult months and somehow persuade the EFL to allow us to strengthen an already depleted squad?

The next few days may well define our season and future prospects?

54Hull 4-0 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Hull 4-0 BWFC Sun 27 Aug - 12:17

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
rammywhite wrote:There's no evidence that we can compete with Hull. I expect to lose 3-0
Good shout, rammy. I don't go in for predicting results but what we got what was not far from what might reasonably have been expected.

Can Ken somehow find the money needed to see us through the next few difficult months and somehow persuade the EFL to allow us to strengthen an already depleted squad?

The next few days may well define our season and future prospects?
Our future prospects are either 4th from bottom or relegation. Even if we get a little bit of money from somewhere we are a step behind the rest of this league. During the last season I had suggested that we couldn't afford to be promoted and got roundly slammed for it.  This is why.
I hope we stay up but we are in for a lot of hammerings en route......IMO

55Hull 4-0 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Hull 4-0 BWFC Sun 27 Aug - 12:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:During the last season I had suggested that we couldn't afford to be promoted and got roundly slammed for it.  This is why.
I hope we stay up but we are in for a lot of hammerings en route......IMO

You deserved to be slammed.

Even if we don't win a game all season, it'll still be worth it.

We get more money for being in the Championship for a start. And there's always a chance, no matter how slim, we'll fluke our way out of it.

That's why people go to matches because there's always a chance of the unexpected.

Remind me, when was the last time you went to a Bolton match? The decade will do.

56Hull 4-0 BWFC - Page 3 Empty Re: Hull 4-0 BWFC Sun 27 Aug - 16:42

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:I've never liked Parky's style of play but I really hope there isn't a witch hunt against him this season. Well there will be one, no doubt about it, but his tactics, team selections, substitutions etc are far from the only thing taking us back down.

You can go a long way on heart and commitment, even if your squad is poor. How many times have we been stuffed in recent years by clubs without a pot to piss in.

If the players put the effort in, and the manager picked a formation to suit the players, we'd have half a chance. Unfortunately these players don't seem to give a shit, and the manager is ego driven. It's a recipe for early relegation.

Look at Lennon. Took over a team bottom of the league, got us playing with "heart and commitment", kept us up, and it counted for jack shit 12 months later when we were a laughing stock all over again.

Point being, there's only so far most managers can get you on heart and commitment and all that alone. To be honest I can imagine us somehow staying up if we were to sack Parky and bring in somebody to freshen things up a bit, but I'd also imagine us being back to square one a year later once the honeymoon period had worn off.

The reality is that at the moment we're a small fish in a big pond, until the transfer situation is sorted out and the owners show willing to spend some proper money.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum