Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 4-1 Hull City

+24
Mr Magoo
JonnyRandom
Bernard Dennis Park
Banks of the Croal
Sluffy
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Reebok_Rebel
terenceanne
Triumph
doffcocker
wanderlust
Lofty_Love
JohannesburgWanderer
Sgt. Bash
Natasha Whittam
Tigermin
Culcheth_White
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
Jamster26
aaron_bwfc
jayjay23
28 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Bolton 4-1 Hull City Thu Feb 21 2013, 12:53

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Can we increase our unbeaten run to four games against Hull? Is another draw on the cards or can we go and get three points? 6 points from 4 games and 4 unbeaten starts to sound a lot better if we can.

I am of the opinion that Sordell should be restored to the start line up, perhaps along with Craaaaaaaaaig David. (I know)

Dawson looks good and is a goal threat but I would drop Knight for Ricketts at CB with Alonso on the left.

Here is the winning side for the Hull game...

Bogdan/Lonergan
Mears Dawson Ricketts Alonso
DeRidder Holden Spearing Lee
CDavies Sordell

Knight, Mavies, Ngog, Eagles, Vela, Medo, and that other new winger? etc... some real goal threats on the bench.

2Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Thu Feb 21 2013, 13:01

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I don't think i've ever been so unconfident going into a home game, don't ask me why I just think we will get tonked. 3-1 to Hull.

My team would be

Bogdan
Ricketts....Dawson...Wheater....Alonso
Lee....Spearing....Pratley....Eagles
.....CD....Sordell

3Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Thu Feb 21 2013, 13:07

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Will be a very tough game. Bruce has got them getting results and they're in-form.

They used a 3-5-2 formation against Blackburn which worked very well, so I think 4-5-1 would suit us for this match, otherwise I think Hull will have most of the ball which we do not want.

That Elmohamady is quite a good winger, and I worry about him going up against Alonso as he's not the best defensively.

On the plus side, Hull's leading scorer, Aluko is out injured apparently which is good news but obviously Robert Koren and Jay Simpson can still cause us problems at the back.

I'm going to go for 2-0 to us. Optimistic I know, but if we can win the midfield battle, I think the likes of Craig Davies and Sordell can have some luck against their three-man defence.

4Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Thu Feb 21 2013, 13:25

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm of the complete opposite opinion to aaron.

I honestly think we will batter hull, this is when our big win will come.

4-1 C. Davies (2) CYL and alonso.

5Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Thu Feb 21 2013, 13:38

forget wanting us to win, we need to win!

For me i think Lonergan should get a start in the league over Bogdan, proven pedigree in this league and will hopefully boss the defence and command his area better

i'd also go with ricketts at right back with dawson and wheater in the centre with alonso on the left.

midfield i think if they are playing the 352 it is a fairly attacking formation so we need counteract that by having spearing, medo, holden, and then maybe sordell de ridder and chungy.

i've envisioned it more as a 41221 formation and like someone else has aleady said, stop spearing taking the set peices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lonergan

Wheater Dawson

Ricketts Alonso

Spearing

Holden Medo

DeRidder Chungy

Sordell

and i am going for a 3-0 win for us. clean sheet would be great as hopefully then this would be our starting back 4!

6Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Thu Feb 21 2013, 17:31

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

3 1 to us, Ngog on his farewell game

7Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Thu Feb 21 2013, 19:37

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bolton 2 Hull 1

Bogdan

Mears Dawson Knight Alonso

Spearing Pratley

Chungy Mavies Eagles

Craig Davies

8Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:16

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

y2johnny wrote:forget wanting us to win, we need to win!

For me i think Lonergan should get a start in the league over Bogdan, proven pedigree in this league and will hopefully boss the defence and command his area better

i'd also go with ricketts at right back with dawson and wheater in the centre with alonso on the left.

midfield i think if they are playing the 352 it is a fairly attacking formation so we need counteract that by having spearing, medo, holden, and then maybe sordell de ridder and chungy.

i've envisioned it more as a 41221 formation and like someone else has aleady said, stop spearing taking the set peices!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lonergan

Wheater Dawson

Ricketts Alonso

Spearing

Holden Medo

DeRidder Chungy

Sordell

and i am going for a 3-0 win for us. clean sheet would be great as hopefully then this would be our starting back 4!

Medo who ???? De Ridder in front of Mavies ??? wont mention our most talented player obviously but glad no Pratley in your flawed starting eleven !!!

9Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:23

Yep I have gone for width with chungy and deridder. And I think its time we saw medo and holden. And what do you mean about our most talented player?

10Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:27

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

y2johnny wrote:Yep I have gone for width with chungy and deridder. And I think its time we saw medo and holden. And what do you mean about our most talented player?

David ( the magician ) Ngog !!!! step in Nat ??

11Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure Kevin Davies will be restored to the starting 11.

We'll lose 1-0 almost certainly. Medo will officially "still be getting to grips with English football".

12Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:47

Ah. Yeah. Still sordell.

13Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Thu Feb 21 2013, 23:50

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hull are chasing the 2nd automatic promotion spot. They will not be a pushover that's for sure. However, I think we can get something from this. Heart says a 2-1 win, head says a draw, either 1-1 or 2-2. I'd take a draw as long as we follow it up with a convincing win against Peterborough in midweek.

14Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Fri Feb 22 2013, 06:20

JohannesburgWanderer

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

There is no way that Lonergan will start after Freedman stated earlier this week that Bogdan is the best keeper in the Championship.

15Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Fri Feb 22 2013, 14:57

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'd go for:

----------Lonergan-----------

Riley--Wheater--Dawson--Alonso

Chungy--Medo--Pratley--DeRidder

-----------C.Davies------------
------------Sordell------------

I imagine Holden will still be a bit off the pace. M.Davies gets lost for about 80 mins each game and Spearing can't pass (would use him in the 4-2-3-1 formation though).

16Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Fri Feb 22 2013, 15:03

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Call me crazy, but with Lee and Eagles not playing particularly well, I'd go with De-Ridder on the right and Alonso on the left, with Ricketts at Left Back.

Alonso seems pretty good going forward and he can cross a ball, so lets give him a shot whilst our main wingers are out of form.

17Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Fri Feb 22 2013, 15:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:Call me crazy, but with Lee and Eagles not playing particularly well, I'd go with De-Ridder on the right and Alonso on the left, with Ricketts at Left Back.

Alonso seems pretty good going forward and he can cross a ball, so lets give him a shot whilst our main wingers are out of form.
It really is getting to the time when Wylde should be stepping up to the plate as he's a natural left sider with pace to burn and a decent cross and shot - a traditional winger that would ease pressure on the full back. Can't see it happening though.

18Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Fri Feb 22 2013, 15:59

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I'd actually forgotten all about him.

19Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Fri Feb 22 2013, 16:12

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

De Ridder was piss poor against Notts Forest, ok eagles isn't exactly playing great recently but De ridder strikes me as a poor mans Martin Petrov.

I'd gladly give Wylde a chance, can he do much worse than Lee and Eagles?

20Bolton 4-1 Hull City Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Fri Feb 22 2013, 16:13

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

y2johnny wrote:And I think its time we saw medo

One of Coyle's worst traits was pissing around with new signings instead of throwing them in as we needed. I think Dougie has the potential to be even more infuriating in this respect.

Who cares that he's "still adapting"? What does this even mean? Is it the difference between the world beater we supposedly signed and the player that's apparently a weaker option than Darren Pratley? More to the point, does the key to this "adapting" lark lie in him staying at home?

I understand the concept of easing in, but there comes a point where it's illogical.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum