Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 4-1 Hull City

+24
Mr Magoo
JonnyRandom
Bernard Dennis Park
Banks of the Croal
Sluffy
Keegan
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Reebok_Rebel
terenceanne
Triumph
doffcocker
wanderlust
Lofty_Love
JohannesburgWanderer
Sgt. Bash
Natasha Whittam
Tigermin
Culcheth_White
gloswhite
Boggersbelief
Jamster26
aaron_bwfc
jayjay23
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:48 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:

One of Coyle's worst traits was pissing around with new signings instead of throwing them in as we needed. I think Dougie has the potential to be even more infuriating in this respect.

Who cares that he's "still adapting"? What does this even mean? Is it the difference between the world beater we supposedly signed and the player that's apparently a weaker option than Darren Pratley? More to the point, does the key to this "adapting" lark lie in him staying at home?

I understand the concept of easing in, but there comes a point where it's illogical.

:clap:

22Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:03 pm

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:

One of Coyle's worst traits was pissing around with new signings instead of throwing them in as we needed. I think Dougie has the potential to be even more infuriating in this respect.

Who cares that he's "still adapting"? What does this even mean? Is it the difference between the world beater we supposedly signed and the player that's apparently a weaker option than Darren Pratley? More to the point, does the key to this "adapting" lark lie in him staying at home?

I understand the concept of easing in, but there comes a point where it's illogical.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

23Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:04 pm

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I wouldn't mind, but we haven't even seen any 10-15 competitive minute cameos from Medo yet. He wasn't even on the bench at Derby, can't see him starting anytime soon unfortunately.

24Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:11 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If "still adapting" means "playing shit in training" then I'm all for waiting a while but I understand what you're saying. I get the impression that Dougie's years of learning how to coach in Italy has left him with a mentality that goes along the lines of nobody is guaranteed a place, everybody has to be super fit and generally "my way or the highway".
I'd love to see Medo and Holden in the middle but if the manager doesn't think they're up to it yet I have to back him - and his approach. After all, he knows what he wants and sees the players day in day out.

25Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:30 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote: I get the impression that Dougie's years of learning how to coach in Italy has left him with a mentality that goes along the lines of nobody is guaranteed a place, everybody has to be super fit

I'd rather have a 75% fit quality player than a 100% fit Pratley/Mavies/Andrews/Spearing/Lee.

26Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:59 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote: I get the impression that Dougie's years of learning how to coach in Italy has left him with a mentality that goes along the lines of nobody is guaranteed a place, everybody has to be super fit

I'd rather have a 75% fit quality player than a 100% fit Pratley/Mavies/Andrews/Spearing/Lee.

Thank fuck you aren't in charge.

27Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:18 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Thank fuck you aren't in charge.

My application was rejected. Gartside will regret it one day.

28Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:48 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You'd be more suited to the preston job.

29Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:13 pm

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

aaron_bwfc wrote:De Ridder was piss poor against Notts Forest, ok eagles isn't exactly playing great recently but De ridder strikes me as a poor mans Martin Petrov.

I'd gladly give Wylde a chance, can he do much worse than Lee and Eagles?
Bloody hell someone else who thinks de ridder is average at best,big test for our wee Douggie is does he carry on playing him in the hope he comes good or not ?? He aint going to get any better Douggie lad !!

30Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:15 pm

He's played two out of 3 games I didn't see Forest but against Burnley at least he had pace and was direct, although his final ball wasn't great. Don't think its time to write him off completely.

31Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:30 pm

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

H'es looked more lively in these two games than Eagles and Lee have done for a while.

32Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:53 am

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hull will want all 3 points so as long as our defence shapes itself we can win this one. 2-0 to us.

33Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:42 am

3:0 to Hull City. One step nearer the trapdoor for the Bolton Bastards.

34Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:10 am

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Here's what Dougie thinks of Hull. He's clearly done his homework.

Hull are a very counter-attacking team who don’t play out from the back,” he said. “It isn’t attractive to watch them but they are very resilient in what they do.

“They get a lot of goals from their crosses and their set pieces, so we need to make sure we are prepared for that and understand it.

“But they have also got their weaknesses and that’s where we have to make sure we go for them a little bit.”

Credit: BEN

35Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:07 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I guarantee you they'll score from a set piece and we won't find their weaknesses.

36Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:05 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Todays team

Bogdan, Ricketts, Knight, Dawson, Alonso, Spearing, Pratley, Chung-Yong, M Davies, Sordell, Ngog

37Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:07 pm

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

SUBS - Lonergan, wheater, KAMARA, eagles, de ridder, Craig and Kevin Davies

38Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:18 pm

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

On paper it looks a decent team.....we shall see.

39Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:21 pm

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hopefully N'gog will have a much more impactful game. Decent line up though.

40Bolton 4-1 Hull City - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton 4-1 Hull City Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:27 pm

Don't like Mavies on the wing, and I would have liked to see C Davies over N'gog.

Those who moan about caution can't really complain though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum