Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+32
Bwfc1958
NickFazer
Bolton Rebirth
gloswhite
y2johnny
boltonbonce
Growler
Bread2.0
DEANO82
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Kane57
Maurice Greene
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Keegan
karlypants
rammywhite
bryan458
wessy
Cajunboy
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
observer
Fabians Right Peg
MartinBWFC
xmiles
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 30 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 50]

201Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 07 2017, 16:32

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Kane57 wrote:Parkinson pretty much confirming he doesn't want him then. Good. It's a daft move that makes no sense
It does sound as though Parky isn't interested but Baptista is a class above anything we've currently got and has the ability to score from distance when we're being held at bay so if the price is right and if the EFL sanction it he could be a useful addition to the squad IMO.
But I don't think it will happen.

202Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 07 2017, 16:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet by Iles -

PP on Spearing: "I'm surprised he hasn't got a club but we have moved on. I have to concentrate on players I have got."

By the way - Iles has been talking about Baptiste in terms of a defensive midfielder and not in attack.

(as per hid fb video yesterday).

203Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Sep 07 2017, 17:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Baptista is a class above anything we've currently got

When was the last time you saw him play 90 minutes? 5 years ago? More?

204Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Sep 08 2017, 08:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Tweet by Iles -

PP on Spearing: "I'm surprised he hasn't got a club but we have moved on. I have to concentrate on players I have got."

By the way - Iles has been talking about Baptista in terms of a defensive midfielder and not in attack.

(as per his fb video yesterday).

a defensive midfielder?  Shocked

I hope this is a joke

205Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Sep 08 2017, 08:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Baptista is a class above anything we've currently got

When was the last time you saw him play 90 minutes? 5 years ago? More?
I like to think that class is permanent. 
Age does affect pace but I can still compete with the 20 something's I play against every week, so Baptista should have no problem - he's only 35.

206Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Sep 08 2017, 08:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

By the way - Iles has been talking about Baptista in terms of a defensive midfielder and not in attack.

I hope this is a joke
He's always played attacking midfield.

207Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Sep 08 2017, 09:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:

By the way - Iles has been talking about Baptiste in terms of a defensive midfielder and not in attack.

I hope this is a joke

Rolling Eyes

Baptista began his career as a defensive midfielder, and after a series of impressive performances for his hometown squad São Paulo FC, Baptista signed for Sevilla FC in 2003. Upon signing for Sevilla, he was converted into a forward, and in his two seasons, he scored 50 goals, leading to his 2005 transfer to Spanish giants Real Madrid.

From wiki I know but I can't be arsed to trawl through the internet to prove that Iles (who speaks to Phil Parkinson is right) and armchair know-it-all is talking bollocks yet again.

208Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Sep 08 2017, 13:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:

I hope this is a joke

Rolling Eyes

Baptista began his career as a defensive midfielder, and after a series of impressive performances for his hometown squad São Paulo FC, Baptista signed for Sevilla FC in 2003. Upon signing for Sevilla, he was converted into a forward, and in his two seasons, he scored 50 goals, leading to his 2005 transfer to Spanish giants Real Madrid.

From wiki I know but I can't be arsed to trawl through the internet to prove that Iles (who speaks to Phil Parkinson is right) and armchair know-it-all is talking bollocks yet again.
:rofl:

209Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Sep 08 2017, 13:22

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think Sluffy and Lusty need to have one of those white collar boxing matches to settle their differences once and for all.

210Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Sep 08 2017, 13:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i think Sluffy and Lusty need to have one of those white collar boxing matches to settle their differences once and for all.
What? I never wore a collar of any hue when I used to box and anyway I don't have a problem with Sluffy - he's funny as f***! 

In fact I owe Sluffy an apology. I wrote that Baptista always played as an attacking midfielder whereas the truth of the matter is that he's only played attacking midfielder since 2003 i.e. the last 14 years, so obviously Parky was considering him for DM as Sluffy stated. My bad.

211Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Sep 08 2017, 14:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:i think Sluffy and Lusty need to have one of those white collar boxing matches to settle their differences once and for all.
What? I never wore a collar of any hue when I used to box and anyway I don't have a problem with Sluffy - he's funny as f***! 

In fact I owe Sluffy an apology. I wrote that Baptista always played as an attacking midfielder whereas the truth of the matter is that he's only played attacking midfielder since 2003 i.e. the last 14 years, so obviously Parky was considering him for DM as Sluffy stated. My bad.

Iles reported (in his weekly public facebook video) after his midweek meeting with Parkinson that this was the position he was being considering for.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

All I've done is refer people to that fact.

But once again you know better than everybody else!

Rolling Eyes

212Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Sep 08 2017, 14:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Iles reported (in his weekly public facebook video) after his midweek meeting with Parkinson that this was the position he was being considering for.

Rolling Eyes
Not everybody - just you.

213Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Sep 08 2017, 15:45

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Not even me - considering you've just accepted you were wrong about Baptista.

Rolling Eyes

214Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Sep 08 2017, 16:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

still puzzles me, if Parky is considering him as a DM then that just shows you his true colours. I'd rather have O'Brien do that role if he's coming back.

Last edited by Norpig on Fri Sep 08 2017, 16:24; edited 1 time in total

215Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Sep 08 2017, 16:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He should sign another right winger.

216Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Sep 08 2017, 16:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nobody's getting a contract.
As Parky said “First of all we can’t sign anyone - let’s get that completely straight,” he said. “We are absolutely up to the limit on numbers."

Over to you Ken......

217Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Sep 08 2017, 16:42

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Not even me - considering you've just accepted you were wrong about Baptista.

Rolling Eyes

I must be drinking then.

BTW why do always post an emoji of your come face every time you slag me off?

218Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Sep 18 2017, 17:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweet from Nixon -

Julio Baptista. No longer at Bolton. Not signing.

219Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Sep 19 2017, 08:29

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

can't say i'm too bothered about Baptista, he'll be off to India with Jussi and Tom Thorpe i bet.

220Transfer rumours ! - Page 11 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Sep 19 2017, 09:22

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Spearing having trials at Blackpool.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 30 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum