Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+32
Bwfc1958
NickFazer
Bolton Rebirth
gloswhite
y2johnny
boltonbonce
Growler
Bread2.0
DEANO82
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Kane57
Maurice Greene
Bollotom2014
terenceanne
Keegan
karlypants
rammywhite
bryan458
wessy
Cajunboy
Leeds_Trotter
finlaymcdanger
observer
Fabians Right Peg
MartinBWFC
xmiles
BoltonTillIDie
Boggersbelief
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
36 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 50]

321Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu 18 Jan - 22:34

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:In this window?

You know it wasn't in this window.

But it is since Anderson said the embargo had gone.

I guess having a HMRC winders petition hanging over our heads isn't helping much at the moment but Mr Anderson says that it will be sorted before month end - so maybe there might still be time to see one or two brought in on permeant deals.

We can but hope.

(PS I saw your post on Wways before you removed it - it didn't seem controversial to me - but I guess you had your reasons).

322Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu 18 Jan - 22:39

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The petition will be waved through. They've asked for a personal bond which he won't provide hence the delay. 

Word is that the embargo returned at the start of January.

323Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu 18 Jan - 23:03

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I don't know why it shouldn't be public knowledge if the club is under embargo, someone at the Evening News should get in touch with the Football League and find out if Ken won't answer the question.

324Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu 18 Jan - 23:09

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If the embargo was placed back 18 days ago, Wouldn't the F.A have to release a statement saying we were back under an embargo?

325Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu 18 Jan - 23:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:The petition will be waved through. They've asked for a personal bond which he won't provide hence the delay. 

Word is that the embargo returned at the start of January.

I don't know all the ins and outs but as far as I understand it although Anderson owns the club (Burnden Leisure) and is sole director (or he was the last time I looked) the company has limited liability - meaning any loss is that of the business and not of the individual (who are two separate legal entities).

So that means if the club went into Admin or liquidation Anderson would not be liable for any debt - unless something illegal had happened within the company.

If I've got the right end of the stick then I can see why Anderson declines to give any personal bonds to HMRC because he is making himself liable to them if the business fails - even though nothing untoward happened in it failing.

There's probably much more to it than that though but on the surface anyway I would think it would be plain common sense not to give HMRC a personal bond. Why expose yourself to personal financial risk if you don't have to?

If the club failed and something dodgy had happened then he would be personally liable as a director for losses anyway - so it would seem to me that on the face of it HMRC want their cake and halfpenny out of Anderson to ensure they get their money whatever happens - even if Anderson is completely blameless if the club ran into major financial difficulties.

That's just my opinion of things though - please don't anyone take that as gospel.

326Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu 18 Jan - 23:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Growler wrote:I don't know why it shouldn't be public knowledge if the club is under embargo, someone at the Evening News should get in touch with the Football League and find out if Ken won't answer the question.

The ST would have shouted in from the hills by now if we were in another embargo.

Very Happy

(It's a joke ST - don't take it seriously!)

327Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri 19 Jan - 6:44

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

DEANO82 wrote:If the embargo was placed back 18 days ago, Wouldn't the F.A have to release a statement saying we were back under an embargo?

No

328Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri 19 Jan - 8:46

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Kane57 wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:We aren’t in an embargo at all. Liar
He makes shit up, he has nothing better to do.

Must've missed all those permanent signings and loans where we've not had to lose someone first. Probably all lies though eh Liam
Every since Ken came in to the club, he's always said he thinks a 24/25 man squad is the size he thinks we should be working with and most would agree that financially that's the way forward. It's all about getting a structure in place to safeguard against the shit we got into under Phil and Eddie. We've not got loads of money to throw away on perminant signings so we've to be careful and play the long game before rushing into signings. As for loan signings it's not possible to loan an unlimited amount of players due to the fact that you can only have so many on the team sheet on a match day, therefore countless loans would be pointless and a waste of money. At this moment in time we are still trying to sort out the mess left by the last owner and chairman. It's going to take some time, but we are going in the right direction.

329Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri 19 Jan - 12:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only a fortnight ago Anderson wrote "we are not financially able to support a squad of more than 25 players, which is also the number that is considered by most managers to be the optimum squad number and l see no reason to change this."

He makes no mention of the embargo but does say we are financially constrained so it would make sense that some players need to leave to make room for new signings. That said, the ones he wants rid of will be difficult to home and finding better quality replacements could be tricky.

330Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri 19 Jan - 14:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More about [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] here.

If we're in for a CB, why? That lad on loan who's playing for the U23's has been solid and Derik can cover if pushed, so why are we focussing on that?

331Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri 19 Jan - 15:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:More about [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] here.

If we're in for a CB, why? That lad on loan who's playing for the U23's has been solid and Derik can cover if pushed, so why are we focussing on that?

I'd take this rumour with a large pinch of salt.

No reputable source has even mentioned him let alone linked him to Bolton.

It's only because Liverpool bought Van Dyke and pushed Jones even further down the pecking order at Liverpool that presumably his agent has started stirring the pot to get him a move.

332Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri 19 Jan - 17:38

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:More about [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] here.

Probably better off asking who his agent is

333Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun 21 Jan - 16:23

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

According to Belgian outlet DH – via [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] – there is an interest in Jean-Luc Dompe.
The player is currently based in Belgum and is a young star who could bring an air of creativity and spark to the Bolton attack.

Probably bollocks.

334Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sun 21 Jan - 17:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:According to Belgian outlet DH – via [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] – there is an interest in Jean-Luc Dompe.
The player is currently based in Belgum and is a young star who could bring an air of creativity and spark to the Bolton attack.

Probably bollocks.
It must be Cajun as we don't do creativity and spark.

335Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon 22 Jan - 9:40

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

According to Nixon we are looking into a possible loan move for Ched Evans. Madine also wanting a new deal to reflect his new value.

336Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon 22 Jan - 11:51

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Madie and Evans upfront. 

We will have to change our name to mean machine

337Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon 22 Jan - 11:54

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure Evans is what we need, he started off well last season at Chesterfield but then only managed 5 goals all season and then got a surprise move back to Sheffield Utd where he's hardly played.

338Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon 22 Jan - 12:03

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Reading between the lines it seems that Madine is agitating for more money or he wants away.

Maybe the Evans interest is to fill the gap like for like, the best we can if Madine goes.

339Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon 22 Jan - 12:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I said it at the start of the month Madine will go if we get a half decent offer and i still think he will.

340Transfer rumours ! - Page 17 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon 22 Jan - 12:09

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Reading between the lines it seems that Madine is agitating for more money or he wants away.

Maybe the Evans interest is to fill the gap like for like, the best we can if Madine goes.

If Madine wants away because he believes he is a top notch striker then  he's seriously confused. How long did it take him to settle at Bolton before he started scoring? Although he's knocked a few in this season he's a hardly a prolific scorer and half his goals have been lucky.
If he goes somewhere else he'll become a nonentity. He's better off staying at the Macron where he's sure of a game each week.
He still doesn't impress me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 33 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum