Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Feel Sorry for Rammy!!

+17
BoltonTillIDie
wessy
Cajunboy
Chairmanda
gloswhite
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Bollotom2014
xmiles
okocha
Reebok Trotter
boltonbonce
karlypants
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Feel Sorry for Rammy!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Feel Sorry for Rammy!! Fri Sep 22 2017, 09:28

rammywhite wrote:Thanks everyone for your good wishes. I'll let you know how the chemo goes- but I'll still be posting about BWFC in the meantime.
Its at times like this that you realise that ,despite arguing and falling out about trivia, you are surrounded by generous and good people.
So -take a bow you lot!!
:agree: 

Good luck with it all Rammy.

42Feel Sorry for Rammy!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Feel Sorry for Rammy!! Fri Sep 22 2017, 11:02

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Rammy, I've just seen your update re the cancer, and my commiserations to you. 
Its a bloody horrible feeling when you are told. (and when it sinks in). (I had/have Non Hodgkinson's Lymphoma)
As someone who's gone down the chemo route, (and still on the 'maintenance injection for the following 2 years), let me say, and I'm sure you will have been told this already, that your op has put you in a better position for a full recovery, and that bowel cancer is the 'best' one to have, as it has such a high recovery rate.
Read the internet once, and then ignore it, otherwise it makes the situation seem worse than it probably is.
Keep your pecker up, as a positive approach always helps. I found talking about it to anyone who asked, or would listen, very helpful, but we all tackle it in different ways.
Good luck mate, and I really wish you well, and remember, you've always got us lot to help, (and always with a sympathetic comment, and completely non-PC advice Very Happy ). I found the forum were really good, and brightened many a day. Keep posting, as I for one, will be there if you need to natter, moan, or whatever.
I was unsure whether to pm this, but decided not to, as were all in this together.

43Feel Sorry for Rammy!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Feel Sorry for Rammy!! Sat Sep 23 2017, 10:26

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thanks for the advice Glos- I'm slowly coming to terms with it all and talking about it makes it a bit more bearable. Surprising how many people have been through the mill and come out the other side healthy. So there's plenty of hope. I won't bother with the internet at all- it'll only depress me. What's even more depressing is I'm going to the Macron this afternoon ( I've missed the first 4 home games of the season) to watch them get beaten by the mighty Brentford!!

44Feel Sorry for Rammy!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Feel Sorry for Rammy!! Mon Sep 25 2017, 10:02

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

A man of vision too ! (yet another beating at the fortress Macron).

You're right, there's an awful lot of people been down this road, and I wouldn't be surprised if there are more than us two on here, but as I say, we all deal with it in different ways.

45Feel Sorry for Rammy!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Feel Sorry for Rammy!! Mon Sep 25 2017, 11:26

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

So sorry to hear this Rammy wishing you a speedy recovery.

46Feel Sorry for Rammy!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Feel Sorry for Rammy!! Sat Nov 11 2017, 11:55

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thanks for all the good wishes- but there's some good news now.
I've been having 'precautionary ' chemo for the last two months or so- unpleasant stuff and the side effects are difficult to put up with up. I had another dose yesterday- 3 hours in Christies with a canula in my hand whilst they pumped lots of chemo into me.
Over the last two months I've been prodded ,poked ,punctured with needles. had Xrays, CT scans, ultrasounds, blood tests and bowel samples taken.  However the oncologists  now believe that they removed most of the problem when they removed the tumour and all the signs are that it hasn't spread to any other parts- so I've only got two more rounds of chemo  to go( plus loads of tablets every day) and then treatment will stop mid December. After that ,like Glos, I'll be tested every six months to make sure I'm OK.
I'm not out of the woods yet- but its all looking very positive.
Many thanks for all the good wishes that you sent, and also the PMs which arrived (especially Bredders)- they all helped keep my spirits up through some very dark days. My wife was confirmed as having breast cancer three months before I was diagnosed- so its been a bad year. Her prognosis is looking better as well.
But its all looking much more hopeful now- and I'm grateful for all your support
We're even off the bottom of the league!!

47Feel Sorry for Rammy!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Feel Sorry for Rammy!! Sat Nov 11 2017, 12:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bloody hell! Great news Rammy.
Puts all our little squabbles into perspective.
Hope you and the Mrs are soon fighting fit and ready for Christmas.

48Feel Sorry for Rammy!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Feel Sorry for Rammy!! Sat Nov 11 2017, 12:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Bloody hell! Great news Rammy.
Puts all our little squabbles into perspective.
Hope you and the Mrs are soon fighting fit and ready for Christmas.

Well said and totally agreed by all of us on Nuts.

49Feel Sorry for Rammy!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Feel Sorry for Rammy!! Sat Nov 11 2017, 12:37

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Get well, stay strong!

50Feel Sorry for Rammy!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Feel Sorry for Rammy!! Sat Nov 11 2017, 12:45

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Great news Rammy, and long may it be so. Hopefully once the chemo is over you'll be back to the Reebok in no time. Keep smiling and don't let the buggers grind you down.

51Feel Sorry for Rammy!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Feel Sorry for Rammy!! Sat Nov 11 2017, 12:45

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Really good news Rammy. I'm very happy for you and hope that there are much better times around the corner. Roll on 2018!

52Feel Sorry for Rammy!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Feel Sorry for Rammy!! Sat Nov 11 2017, 13:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Excellent news amigo.

53Feel Sorry for Rammy!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Feel Sorry for Rammy!! Sat Nov 11 2017, 15:46

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Brilliant news Rammy!!

What a year you and your wife have had.

I hope you can both look forward to Christmas and a much better  new year to come.

Cheers to you both!!!!!

54Feel Sorry for Rammy!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Feel Sorry for Rammy!! Sat Nov 11 2017, 16:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great news rammy, chuffed for you that things are looking better.

55Feel Sorry for Rammy!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Feel Sorry for Rammy!! Sat Nov 11 2017, 16:10

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Brilliant news Rammy, for both of you. Well done in not letting it get to you, (too much). :good:
The year has been a hard one for you, but its left you both feeling optimistic, so some good has come out of it. 
Get yourself ready for a good Christmas mate, and enjoy every minute.  rendeer

56Feel Sorry for Rammy!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Feel Sorry for Rammy!! Sat Nov 11 2017, 20:41

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fantastic news!

57Feel Sorry for Rammy!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Feel Sorry for Rammy!! Sun Nov 12 2017, 10:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Really great news Rammy  Very Happy

58Feel Sorry for Rammy!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Feel Sorry for Rammy!! Mon Nov 13 2017, 18:41

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm glad to hear things are looking up Rammy. :like:

59Feel Sorry for Rammy!! - Page 3 Empty Re: Feel Sorry for Rammy!! Mon Nov 13 2017, 18:59

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I'm happy to hear that things are looking up, Rammy. Be of good cheer.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum