Bolton Wanderers Fans Forum

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Quick poll

Quick poll

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Have you changed your position on Brexit?

5% 5% [ 1 ]
38% 38% [ 8 ]
57% 57% [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 21

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

121 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 10:41

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
couldn't agree more Johnny, well said that man  Very Happy

122 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 11:12

okocha

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
y2johnny wrote:At the end of the day its done.  Like others have said, people had a chance and 60 odd percent just couldnt be arsed.  

I'm sure some "couldn't be arsed", as you say, Johnny....but I also think that many felt utterly unable to decide one way or the other, having been badly let down by the conflicting lies and rhetoric from both sides, and by the complexity of the issues, compared with the inane simplicity of the referendum question.

123 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 11:24

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
How about instead of simply "blaming the lazy arseholes who don't vote", we actually try and encourage them to take part in our country's democratic process by giving them the facts and outlining what the real world implications of their inaction will be?

You never know, it might just work.

Or....it will continue to erroneously be labelled "remoaning" by the people in charge of our press because it suits them to perpetuate this lie about "opposing Brexit being unpatriotic or undemocratic" and they'll laugh up their sleeves at all the people they've conned, as we drive off a cliff and fuck the country's future up for generations.

I'm not going to stand by and idly watch that happen.

It's not "remoaning", it's fighting against something which will have a negative impact on us all apart from the 1% who hold all the real power.

Why do you think so many Tories are staunchly backing a "Brexit at any cost?"

Could it be linked to the fact that the EU is set to dramatically tighten up its rules and regulations surrounding money laundering in 2019? (Coincidentally round the same time we would finally leave the EU...)

The south east and London in particular is awash with dirty Russian money. For years, successive governments have turned a blind eye to dodgy Russian oligarchs washing their ill-gotten gains through London.

Why...?

Presumably because someone in the establishment has made a few bob out of facilitating it.

But all that would stop under the new EU regs.

So is this all about "taking back sovereignty and self-determination" from Brussels?

Or is it simply about a small group protecting their interests and conning the average Joe into thinking they're going to somehow be better off if we do leave the EU despite all evidence to the fucking contrary?

124 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 11:42

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
The problem i had before the referendum was the quality of the arguments on both sides was very poor and it did little to explain the pro's and cons of either leaving or staying.

Not enough information was communicated out to the general public apart from scaremongering (on both sides i might add) so it's no wonder people didn't really have a clue what they were actually voting for and what the long term effects would be.

I have no confidence in Davis and his team getting us any kind of deal, the man is a halfwit. In an ideal world when the full facts of what kind of deal (or no deal) we are going to get then there should be another referendum but Knobhead Nigel and his followers would be up in arms and claiming they have been stitched up.

It's too important a decision to leave to leave to our idiot Politicians as this is going to affect not only me but my children's lives but i just can't see it happening. 

When remain did lose i did say at the time we should respect the decision but i'm changing my mind as every day we seem to be getting no nearer to any kind of clarity.

125 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 11:55

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
If the UK voted to relocate to the moon without considering the fact that we don't have any spaceships* or means of survival if we managed to get there, it would be fine to "just accept it" however it would only be a matter of time before those who voted for the relocation started whingeing about the slow pace of progress and demanding to know where the rockets are and when we are leaving.

I don't see what's wrong in pointing out that we have no spaceships or means of survival or that it would be a shit place to live even if we did get there. Brextremists could learn a lot from the Emperor's new clothes analogy.

* Caveat: Technically we do have spaceships whilst we remain a part of the European Space Programme

126 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 12:08

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
No offence, Mr Pig but I've never bought the "both sides failed to adequately explain their position and what would happen" argument.

On the Remain side, you had plenty of people far better informed than you or I saying that the impact of a "Leave" vote could potentially be catastrophic for the economy, largely in part because of the sheer uncertainty it would cause because that's how economies work.

If you lose market confidence, it tanks.

We had scores of experts coming out with projections about the economic impact of a Leave vote but they were poo-pooed by the Leave camp and Gove even went as far as to say "Experts? The people have had enough of experts" as he encouraged people to vote with their heart and gut feeling.

At that point, if nowhere else, it should have set the alarm bells ringing.

If your best argument is to simply suggest that people are bored or tired of hearing the truth, you're on pretty shaky ground.

As for the Leave clowns, when they weren't trying to shaft each other, they were busy telling enormous lies to try and convert people.

Farage even famously admitted on TV that the £350 Million on the side of a bus thing was a lie, 7 hours after the results came in.

The bottom line is, a lot of people voted to leave the EU because they fell for an orchestrated campaign of spin and lies from a bunch of self-serving chancers who couldn't give a shit if the average British man or woman was starving in the street.

And they did it on gut feeling, emotion and in some cases racist beliefs.

And if you stand back now and try and be objective about it, the evidence overwhelmingly backs up the claims made by the Remain side and there's nothing happening which suggests that crossing our fingers, singing Rule Britannia and hoping for the best is going to deliver a positive outcome.

This madness needs to be stopped before it ruins the country.

127 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 12:13

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
none taken breaders  Very Happy

128 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 13:46

Guest


Guest
Imo, breaders, the remain campaign was ran on facts and honesty, in that worst case scenarios where given, which are now coming into fruition.

The problem was that the leave campaign was frought with inconsistencies and backed by popular demand by the daily rags and a hatred of immigration.  Not to mention 350 million a week that would be paid into our healthcare.


Most people would of been able to form a simple opinion of which way they was going to vote.  They had the option to vote.  All the information whether right or wrong was there for everyone to see.

So in my eyes, yeah, they are lazy arseholes who churn out the line "i dont do politics" when questioned.

They had a choice.  They chose not to vote because they couldnt be arsed forming an opinion.

129 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 13:47

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Have faith Johnny.. We'll still have the baristas picking seasonal vegetables, and we can all save lots of dosh by not buying French or German cars.  Very Happy

130 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 13:54

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
These comments are getting a bit strange. We have Breaders now blaming many of the problems on politicians who are taking cuts from Russian oligarchs, who launder money in London, and Wander has us all living on the moon.  scratch

131 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 13:59

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
This is the genius of Nuts, soak it all in Glos  Very Happy

132 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:05

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
gloswhite wrote:Have faith Johnny.. We'll still have the baristas picking seasonal vegetables, and we can all save lots of dosh by not buying French or German cars.  Very Happy
Noel Edmonds is making a come back...

133 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:11

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Why have we got two Brexit threads running at the same time? Sort it out KP and merge them. And merge Bread and Wanderlust as well as they're clearly the same person/armchair.



Last edited by Natasha Whittam on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:11; edited 1 time in total

134 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:11

Guest


Guest
Which british cars should we buy

Vauxhall......errrr just be en bought out

Aston Martin, land rover, mg, rover,  

Lets face it 

We sold out as a country long ago.  All due to the fact we could trade in the eu.  Now we have no manufacturing and fuck all to offer anyone.

135 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:11

Guest


Guest
Natasha Whittam wrote:Why have we got two Brexit threads running at the same time? Sort it out KP and merge them. And merge Bread and Wanderlust as well.
:rofl:

136 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:12

wanderlust

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
gloswhite wrote:Have faith Johnny.. We'll still have the baristas picking seasonal vegetables, and we can all save lots of dosh by not buying French or German cars.  Very Happy
So no cars at all then seeing that there are no British cars apart from TVR, Noble, Sunbeam, Morgan, McLaren, Ginetta, Caterham, Briggs, Aston Martin, Ariel and AC - all of whom are already a shedload more expensive and will become even more so due to our dependency on foreign components. Even London Taxis are owned by the Chinese and Lotus by the Malaysians.

Should be good for the environment and anyway we won't need them in an agrarian economy. We'll just need someone to set up a British tractor manufacturer to help out with the annual cabbage crop.

137 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:12

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Don't take my word for it (very unwise), have a read of this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4366206/Dirty-secrets-laundromat-Illicit-roubles-London.html

I found 5 Guardian articles saying the same thing but opted to go with the uber-Brexit-backing Mail to head off any cries of "Ah! The Guardian and their left wing bollocks!"

And here's some confirmation that the EU is tightening up the regs on money laundering:

http://www.acams.org/aml-resources/eu-fourth-aml-directive/

The new rules came into force in June this year, so it's going to be harder to wash dirty money through the UK going forward.

Hence the desperation to get the UK out of the EU.

138 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:12

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Twirls still £1 for 4 and Pepsi still at £2.25 for 8 cans.

Keep calm people, things are fine out there.

139 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:13

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Hhmmm!!! Thank god we got Jags, Bentleys and Rollers over here for us all to buy.  Very Happy

140 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:15

Guest


Guest
Natasha Whittam wrote:Twirls still £1 for 4 and Pepsi still at £2.25 for 8 cans.

Keep calm people, things are fine out there.
I dont want to alarm you Nat, but if you thought you may have lost a few stone lbs its because the twirls in a 4 pack for a quid are now almost half the size.

Pepsi only at that price when on offer

141 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:15

Guest


Guest
gloswhite wrote:Hhmmm!!! Thank god we got Jags, Bentleys and Rollers over here for us all to buy.  Very Happy
I've always preferred jap cars anyway Smile

142 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:16

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
y2johnny wrote:I dont want to alarm you Nat, but if you thought you may have lost a few stone lbs its because the twirls in a 4 pack for a quid are now almost half the size.

Pepsi only at that price when on offer

Johhny you gobshite, don't talk down to me about Twirls and Pepsi, you don't know what the fook you're talking about.

143 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:17

Norpig

avatar
John McGinlay
John McGinlay
Nat is like one of those kids you see on telly sometimes, you know the ones where their parents complain they will only eat chips and have a phobia about everything else

144 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:17

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Bread2.0 wrote:Don't take my word for it (very unwise), have a read of this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4366206/Dirty-secrets-laundromat-Illicit-roubles-London.html

I found 5 Guardian articles saying the same thing but opted to go with the uber-Brexit-backing Mail to head off any cries of "Ah! The Guardian and their left wing bollocks!"

And here's some confirmation that the EU is tightening up the regs on money laundering:

http://www.acams.org/aml-resources/eu-fourth-aml-directive/

The new rules came into force in June this year, so it's going to be harder to wash dirty money through the UK going forward.

Hence the desperation to get the UK out of the EU.
Breaders, I hope the new regs don't hamper your financial arrangements prior to your move to Spain.  Very Happy

145 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:17

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
gloswhite wrote:Hhmmm!!! Thank god we got Jags, Bentleys and Rollers over here for us all to buy.  Very Happy

Indian, German and German.

In that order.

146 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:18

Guest


Guest
Check the weight size in a multi pack compared to a singular two finger pack.

I await your apology

And to be honest im suprised you dont like kit kats more.  4 fingers would satisfy you more than 2

147 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:19

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Don't worry about my finances, Glos.

If you ain't got it to begin with, the bastards can't take it off you.

148 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:19

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
y2johnny wrote:4 fingers would satisfy you more than 2

What about 12 fingers? Cecil is from Burnley.

149 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:20

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:4 fingers would satisfy you more than 2

What about 12 fingers? Cecil is from Burnley.
Very Happy

150 Re: Quick poll on Wed Oct 18 2017, 14:21

Guest


Guest
Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:4 fingers would satisfy you more than 2

What about 12 fingers? Cecil is from Burnley.
:rofl:

So he could spock and still have two spare.

Im not explaining spock for those who dont get it.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum