Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Reading

+10
MartinBWFC
observer
Sluffy
Growler
Norpig
karlypants
rammywhite
wessy
Bollotom2014
wanderlust
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Bolton 2-2 Reading - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Reading Wed Nov 22 2017, 21:54

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:TBF to Parky we were 2nil up with just 20% of possession, and if we'd pressed on for a third or took the later chances we'd have been fine. However inviting pressure by sitting deep for an hour makes conceding inevitable, especially if we didn't have the ball further up the pitch occasionally to make them think twice about piling forward. Somehow he's got to find a way of controlling the midfield - not just breaking up attacks and then giving the ball back - but I don't think we have the players for it. And I suspect Parky thinks that too which is why we always seem to be dropping off instead of taking the game to the opposition at every opportunity. Possession is important if you do something with it, but to coin a NFL phrase, so does field position and if that position is around your own box for most of the game then they have all the chances and you can't score from there.

You are correct sir........  we do seem incapable of holding on to the ball ....it will do us in eventually. As you say though I'm not sure we have the players to do it.......our midfield has been non existent for quite a while now.

If we can stay close until January then get some decent loan players in then there is still hope. Off the top of the head I don't know what Sunderland and Birmingham financials are like. but I would wager better than ours...so if they reinforce in January then we are fooked IMO. 

I'll take a point and 10% possession this weekend though. ..dunno..

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum