Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 1-0 Hull

+15
observer
Bolton Nuts
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
NickFazer
rammywhite
Norpig
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
wessy
wanderlust
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

31BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Mon Jan 01 2018, 18:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I thought the back four were outstanding today, plus the goalkeeper. Burke especially was rock solid and won everything that came near him.

Cullen, Vela, Morais & Madine worked tirelessly, 10/10 for effort. Ameobi 7/10.

Only negative was Buckley. He's fucking shite. Why the fuck did Parky pick him? The fuckwit didn't control a single pass all afternoon.

32BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Mon Jan 01 2018, 18:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I thought the back four were outstanding today, plus the goalkeeper. Burke especially was rock solid and won everything that came near him.

Cullen, Vela, Morais & Madine worked tirelessly, 10/10 for effort. Ameobi 7/10.

Only negative was Buckley. He's fucking shite. Why the fuck did Parky pick him? The fuckwit didn't control a single pass all afternoon.
Buckley appears to have brick feet. His first touch is appalling. Thought we were going to blow it at the death,but we stuck it out.
Horrendous conditions,but a good three points.

33BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Mon Jan 01 2018, 18:52

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think the conditions did a lot to make it a scrappy game, as has been said Buckley offers less than fuck all, Vela immense today and Madine looks like he's playing for a move, and boggers fuck off back to your dream world.

34BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Mon Jan 01 2018, 19:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:We were lucky again today

You massive gobshite.

Lucky? They had one clear cut chance when they hit the post. We scored one and Madine should have had a second near the end. They had a lot of the ball but did very little with it.

We lost, arguably, our best player early on and then his midfield partner limped off a few minutes later. Yet they still only had one good chance.

There was nothing lucky about it. We worked hard, scored a good goal, and defended it about as well as any team could.

I'm sure your armchair knows better though.

My armchair - and the live TV stream - told me that in addition to hitting the post,, Alnwick made good saves from Toral, Aina, Bowen and Henriksen before Bowen missed a sitter and Evandro went close. In the context of a scrappy game which could have gone either way we were lucky not to concede one or more.

I'm sure your warped imagination knows better though.

35BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Mon Jan 01 2018, 20:12

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

From inside the ground, it felt for the most part a comfortable one nil lead, can't be denied that we rode our luck late on twice, but i think the other shots that you list were nothing more than shots on target, but i hold my hands up i couldn't see the TV screen from the west stand lower.

36BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Mon Jan 01 2018, 21:37

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

How we won was beyond me- we certainly had luck on our side today. But its time that we had some luck. We're still not out of the woods yet. Lets see if he can work some magic in the transfer period ,shifting a few out to free up some funds to bring a few in.

37BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Mon Jan 01 2018, 22:49

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It is great to see us playing it along the floor and mixing it up a bit today. Always said we need to just stop lumping the ball up all the time. Saturday and today proved me to be right. In both games we mixed our play up which kept the opposition guessing. The lads did well both Saturday and today hopefully it's made Parky realise that we we can actually take the game to teams. A few signings in now this month and we should be good to go. Finally I would like to add, although Madine is getting all the plaudits he deserves, fans should not forget about Alnwick who had made some brilliant saves the last couple of games. He made sure we won after going ahead, well done.

38BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Mon Jan 01 2018, 23:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When i saw the team i went mad, why had he changed it again, but we actually played pretty well especially in the 1st half. A great goal from goal machine and even the loss of Pratley and Henry didn't matter too much as Vela and Cullen were both excellent.
We actually played a lot more football as well which was great to see but as mentioned Buckley had a shocker.
As usual we sat back 2nd half and invited pressure and maybe we were lucky not to concede but over the 90 minutes we were the better team.
My only worry is what happens if Pratley and more importantly Henry are out for a while. I wasn't a fan of Cullen but he is starting to show he's a decent player and we could do with keeping him now and Burke who was excellent as well.
A great win in awful conditions, at one point my lower legs and feet went numb but it was worth it  Very Happy

Last edited by Norpig on Tue Jan 02 2018, 09:47; edited 1 time in total

39BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Mon Jan 01 2018, 23:23

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Buckley will get better I believe in him. Rememer he's been out with injured rather frequently. A run of few games and he will come good.

40BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Mon Jan 01 2018, 23:34

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

KA has gone quiet... the window is open and what plans does he have for the club?  Are we under an embargo or not?  Great play today, but still lucky to hold them off when we sat deep in the final 15 minutes.  Alnwick had a great game and Lady Luck steered a couple of their chances astray.  Madine should have had two... but his legs were gone from running and having their defense all over him.  He ran his butt off today.

41BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Tue Jan 02 2018, 10:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Buckley will get better I believe in him. Rememer he's been out with injured rather frequently. A run of few games and he will come good.

Yes, because being injured for a couple of games makes you forget how to control a simple pass :facepalm: .

He's crap.

42BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Tue Jan 02 2018, 12:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:From inside the ground, it felt for the most part a comfortable one nil lead, can't be denied that we rode our luck late on twice, but i think the other shots that you list were nothing more than shots on target, but i hold my hands up i couldn't see the TV screen from the west stand lower.
One came off the inside of Alnwick's leg and skewed just wide, but apart from the shots he saved there were a few close efforts from them and occasions when they really ought to have scored especially the balls across our 6 yard line notably the one that everyone missed and the one Clark put over. It's a fair point that regulation saves are just the goalie doing his job, but if luck had gone against us we could have let in a few - just as we might have scored more at the other end. Main thing is we didn't and somehow managed to come out on top in a fairly even game and I am not in anyway complaining about that. But when the margin of victory is a fine as this, to say we have room for improvement is fair enough IMO.

43BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Tue Jan 02 2018, 15:07

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

44BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Tue Jan 02 2018, 17:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In the absence of a BEL I dropped into the Sheff U and Hull chat rooms and there's an interesting trend that sort of reflected Wilder's post match comments about us being a physical team that relied on hoofing it to Madine. Pre-match, both sets of fans expected nothing less and yet as the games progressed and after the match the consistent theme was that whilst we were shit, we worked harder, wanted it more and won most tackles and second balls. One Blades thread was entitled "Outthought and Outmuscled". 
Looks like the old tag hasn't gone away, but seeing that Parky was alluding to the need for a physically big strong box-to-box midfielder I'm wondering if there's an element of truth to it? I thought we occasionally played some decent stuff in both games and Madine's goal against Sheff U was a tap in from a good cross rather than a set piece. And work rate has improved enormously.
Maybe Parky is saying that to set the narrative for selling Vela and he's got the next Patrick Viera lined up for a tenner? Either way, the idea of us being a team of "anti football" bullies is getting traction again.

45BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Tue Jan 02 2018, 20:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:In parky we trust.. fuck off martin

In the words of Meat Loaf, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum