Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Allardyce Leaving Everton

+9
Bollotom2014
Sluffy
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
Leeds_Trotter
boltonbonce
Norpig
xmiles
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 12:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How do you know their start of season goal was 4th? They aren't even a top 6 team now based on their resources.

22Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 12:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Allardyce becomes available at the same time the club is taken over by mega rich Saudi's, just at the start of the summer transfer window...

Anybody see where I'm going with this?

Very Happy

Would you though, or should you never go back?

23Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 12:15

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Would have him back in a heart beat Sluffy. Very Happy

24Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 12:15

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:Chris Taylor, Stephen Darby, Proctor, remember Parkinson signed these duffers, see you can put stats in to support your argument, doesn't make you right though does it?

Yes, they were all bobbins, but again, they cost nowt.

And let's not pretend every Allardyce signing for Bolton was ace, for every Youri there were three Gerald Cids.

Allardyce's ratio of good to bad signings was a lot better than that. And probably better than any other Bolton manager apart from maybe Rioch.

25Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 12:16

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:Would have him back in a heart beat Sluffy. Very Happy

Me too but it won't happen.

26Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 12:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big Sam may come back but not as Manager, maybe as part of a consortium to buy the club or as a Director of football i reckon.

27Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 12:20

Norpig wrote:How do you know their start of season goal was 4th? They aren't even a top 6 team now based on their resources.

That was a universally accepted truth at the beginning of the season, given their spend and the new owners ambitions on taking over the club. An ambitious target yes, but they should have got far closer to it.

They have more spending power than Spurs and Chelsea at this point as both are paying for stadium moves and have cut their cloth accordingly.

28Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 12:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Me too. We played some great stuff under Sam,and this myth about him playing hoofball needs putting to bed. He was way ahead of his time when it came to fitness levels,diet,and the use of medicine within a sporting environment.
His use of Prozone set the bar for everyone else. I'd have him back. In any capacity.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/these-football-times/2015/mar/04/praise-sam-allardyce-manager-bolton-wanderers-premier-league

29Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 12:30

Correct Bonce

30Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 12:38

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:
Me too. We played some great stuff under Sam,and this myth about him playing hoofball needs putting to bed. He was way ahead of his time when it came to fitness levels,diet,and the use of medicine within a sporting environment.
His use of Prozone set the bar for everyone else. I'd have him back. In any capacity.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/these-football-times/2015/mar/04/praise-sam-allardyce-manager-bolton-wanderers-premier-league
To be honest this myth about him playing hoofball has followed him around, fans of most of his clubs after us have tried to hound him out, including the deluded dingles down the road, fact is he was a pioneer of modern day football, and his success was built on sports science, any Bolton fan not wanting him back in some capacity are as deluded as the supporters of say West Ham and Everton.

31Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 12:48

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

boltonbonce wrote:

Great article bonce.

32Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 13:41

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Here's an Allardyceometer with fan's comments (Tongue in cheek)

5th from bottom.............................Difficult job but he's done it with other clubs.
Rise to 7th from bottom..................This guy looks like he could be our saviour. Great result.
Rise to 10th from bottom.................Bit of a dour game but great result. Onwards and upwards.
Heady heights of eighth from top......Good result but too much long ball.
Any position above eighth................Feck! This bloke will destroy our reputation. He's a donkey.
Final season position.......................About time we told Fat Sam to feck off. He's destroyed this club.

WetSpam, Everton, Blackburn, Sunderland, Newcastle, Crystal Palace all guilty of being thankless twots.

33Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 13:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great great man and a great England manager too.

Hope he comes back no offense parky

34Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 14:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd have Megson back before Allardyce.

35Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 15:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I'd have Megson back before Allardyce.
affraid affraid affraid sacrilege from Nat

36Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 15:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
affraid affraid affraid sacrilege from Nat
She just sits there thinking evil thoughts.
Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Giphy

37Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 15:08

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

One of BSA's "secrets" was to vary the approach and he chose recruits accordingly. He could play direct to a big C Fwd in SKD, with runners either side, or he could use the wizardry of JJ and Youri, Campo and Hierro, or attack down the flanks with Ricardo and Hunt, all allied to the running power of Speed (RIP) and the Scandanavians. Defence was built on the solid base of Bruno, plus the magnificent presence of Jussi. 
Eee, them were't days!
It is a complete myth that we were one-dimensional, as terrified opposition coaches liked to insinuate, aided by their London-based media pals.
Even BSA, however, would have struggled to make something out of nothing with this squad and no resources to buy worthwhile talent or invest in sports science.

38Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 15:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:banned:

39Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 15:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He wouldn't touch us with a bargepole unless he has loadsamoney to spend and that just isn't us.

40Allardyce Leaving Everton - Page 2 Empty Re: Allardyce Leaving Everton Tue May 15 2018, 15:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's loyal as fuck.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum