Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is/was your position?

+15
Copper Dragon
Hipster_Nebula
Numpty 28723
aaron_bwfc
largehat
Reebok_Rebel
Bernard Dennis Park
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Sluffy
bwfc71
BoltonTillIDie
jayjay23
Banks of the Croal
doffcocker
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What is/was your position? Empty What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 00:48

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm a striker.

I'm not very fast, but I can take it past people. I was famous at school for having a hell of a shot on me with both feet and I'm the sort to chase everything down.
I'm also an excellent crosser of the ball so I can drift out wide and play on either wing - my stronger foot is my right so I prefer the left side so I can bring the ball inside and cross or shoot.

What position do/did you play?

2What is/was your position? Empty Re: What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 01:19

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Attack or Midfield, had decent defensive play, shot or longe range forward pass,was not very good with my head tho..

3What is/was your position? Empty Re: What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 01:45

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

When can we start our own Bolton Nuts 5's team?

I have played every position outside of defence. I used to enjoy playing up front but only when I had a decent set of midfielders behind me. I hated the hoof it long type of game cos I was no good in the air.

Think my best position was always centre mid cos I could tackle well, keep the ball, dribble well - but my main thing was my passing. That's perhaps why I judge teams so much based on their ability to pick out a clever ball.

If you had to pick a player - who would you be compared to?

I suppose I was most like Okocha. Hence the name.

4What is/was your position? Empty Re: What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 08:22

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For my school I was a striker, for my local team I was firstly as midfielder, then a defender.

So the only place I havent played in is Goalkeeper, although I was the goal keeper a few years ago for my work 7 a side team.

5What is/was your position? Empty Re: What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 08:26

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

At school I was a defender, in 6th form I was a goalkeeper, in my works 5-a-side I was a goalkeeper and when we played inter-office competitions (created and organised by me between Manchester, Edinburgh, Sheffield, London and Nottingham) I didn't play but watched from the sidelines.

6What is/was your position? Empty Re: What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 09:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Played most of my career as a defender - ended up as a right footed left back.

I played in the era that you put the fear of God into the opposition strikers and wingers by some fair but 'lusty' tackles early on in the game you took the ball and the man!

I wasn't quick but I always was a good reader of the game and so more often or not managed to be in the right position at the right time.

I had a good engine in those days so was often up and down the wings and scored more than my fair share of goals considering I was more often than not playing full back.

Got into my fifties before I finally had to give it up as my body was falling to pieces!

Happy days, don't regret a second of them.

7What is/was your position? Empty Re: What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 11:27

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

GK all through school and amatuer teams to pub teams,can still do it now.

8What is/was your position? Empty Re: What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 11:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Midfield playmaker. I was the player Mark Davies wishes he was.

Did I every mention my Deepdale 25 yard volley......?

9What is/was your position? Empty Re: What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 11:32

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I was a 77 goals a season striker. I could've been pro.

10What is/was your position? Empty Re: What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 11:33

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

with my works team, who I dont play for anymore due to having to fit working all fucking hours under the sun, (if you EVER get offerd a balckberry at work, refuse point blank) having a season ticket and a little boy with a woman you no longer live with but...

i like to play in the 'hole' just behind a striker in a 4-4-1-1 type formation or as the 'point' in a midfield diamond.

I can dribble and keep the ball, I have a half decent long range shot and can pass a ball well, I do struggle with tackling though... I used to get the ball, hold it and help other players get in scoring positions and chip in with a shot from time to time myself.

I take indirect free kicks too...

11What is/was your position? Empty Re: What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 11:40

Primary school I started as a right winger, the next year was right back and final year I played centre back.

Now I'm like a cross between Steve Mcmannaman and Matt Le Tissier, don't take playing football to seriously now. Just play to take the piss and go on the piss after.

12What is/was your position? Empty Re: What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 11:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
i like to play in the 'hole'

Again, poor choice of words Very Happy

13What is/was your position? Empty Re: What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 11:46

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:
i like to play in the 'hole'

Again, poor choice of words Very Happy

you have a dirty mind...

however, in sticking with the sexual theme of your latest comment, I enjoy playing in women's holes too... a lot.

unfortunately, holes are not something that are in abundance moment.

wanking is getting boring, im thinking of seeing if bwfc71 fancies showing me round Amsterdam...

14What is/was your position? Empty Re: What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 11:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Much to much personal info there Rebel - you may want to edit it quickly before people rip the piss out of you forever more on here!

15What is/was your position? Empty Re: What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 11:51

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Much to much personal info there Rebel - you may want to edit it quickly before people rip the piss out of you forever more on here!

no... im leaving it Very Happy

its the reaction Natasha would have wanted...

if anyone actually believes that its all 100% true, they are stupid.

natasha - all the above is true Wink

16What is/was your position? Empty Re: What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 11:56

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
wanking is getting boring, im thinking of seeing if bwfc71 fancies showing me round Amsterdam...

Shocked

What is/was your position? _KEE1294

17What is/was your position? Empty Re: What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 12:35

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Striker, I was bloody deadly from a yard.

Either that or sat (quite literally) in the middle of the park playing the ball to the wingers.

18What is/was your position? Empty Re: What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 12:45

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Left outside.

19What is/was your position? Empty Re: What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 13:10

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Numpty 28723 wrote:Left outside.

thats a bummer...

I assume your using your smart-phone to post this then? Very Happy

20What is/was your position? Empty Re: What is/was your position? Mon Aug 20 2012, 17:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Everytime football was played i went in to the gym to get some shots up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum