Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you drink a hundred units of alcohol per week?

+10
Cajunboy
bwfc71
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Adrian Chiles the presenter and Baggies fan is in the papers and on the news as he was stunned to find he was drinking over 100 units of alcohol when he kept a record of his consumption.  The health guidance is no more than 14 units per week.

He only had two pints of Guinness after work when meeting up with a mate after work and before going home and a glass of wine indoors.  Added to that he have a few before the match, and possibly a normal night out once a week.

I tend not to drink alcohol very much these days but in my younger days I would probably averaged at least two pints per day over the week - if not higher - although I've never really been a big wine or spirits drinker.

I've never considered myself to be a big drinker and a bit like Childs, I was very much a social drinker - I never drank alone even at home - and seldom were the times I ever really got drunk.

As the years went passed though I noticed more and more that I began to feel bad the day after a session, were before it never troubled me.

My body also began to tell me that I didn't want that extra pint, sort of in a 'full up' sort of way rather than getting 'the shakes' or anything else.

So in the end I've gradually stopped drinking much.

I still go out and have the occasional beer but never have wine with my food if I go to a restaurant like I used to have.

So these days I'm nowhere need the 14 units a week level let alone Childs 100 per week.

But how about you?

Do you think Childs total is excessive - obviously health wise it is but it just seems nothing out of the ordinary in the way he's explained things?

What's your tipple - and do you enjoy it perhaps a little bit more than you should?

If so will you cut back now or will you think you might as well enjoy it now because you're a long time dead!

Cheers!

:drinks:

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I decided to cut back last year, but then decided to go the whole hog. I'm now teetotal, and feel a hell of a lot better for it.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I drink mainly at home now and prefer stronger lagers and ales but i wouldn't be anywhere near a 100 units a week. Sounds like Chiles is on the piss most nights so it's not surprising.

Back in the days when i was going out 4 nights a week 100 units would have been a slow week  Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It seems that it goes with his job in hand with them all going out and mingling most evenings and entertaining guests out for dinner.

I think i top half of that number now.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hardly ever drink, I don't like the taste of alcohol.

Come on, be honest, it doesn't taste very nice does it.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Depends on what you’re drinking. There’s some nice flavoured ciders.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surely cider is apple flavoured.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Depends on what you’re drinking.  There’s some nice flavoured ciders.
 Do you have an umbrella in that as well you big girl  Very Happy

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can get a whole heap of different flavours. Old mout.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Old Speckled Hen is nice although it’s more of a manly man’s drink.

Boggers wouldn’t like it. Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't beat a hot Vimto. :good:

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:Can't beat a hot Vimto. :good:
Is Nat your Mrs?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Can't beat a hot Vimto. :good:
Is Nat your Mrs?
Bloody hell. Talk about a match made in hell! Shocked

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

14 units a week is nothing, most beers are probably 1.5 - 2 points each so that's only 6-7 bottles a week and your over the 14. I'd rather die happy and merry than tee total and miserable.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've just used an online units calculator and based it on the last seven days. I'm in big, big trouble.
Chiles is obviously a lightweight.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I've just used an online units calculator and based it on the last seven days. I'm in big, big trouble.

Do you have a fridge next to the armchair, or do you have to get up and walk?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I do have a beer fridge in the living room  Very Happy

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Not so long ago I would say I was very close, if not more, than 100 units a week.

Nowadays definitely within the limit.  Well it is my licence I lose, and my job,  if I am stupid enough. Infact some weeks no units are consumed.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:14 units a week is nothing, most beers are probably 1.5 - 2 points each so that's only 6-7 bottles a week and your over the 14. I'd rather die happy and merry than tee total and miserable.

Some lagers such as San Miguel, Stella are over 5%abv which means they are about 2.75 units per pint

My favourite tipple, nowadays, is Outstanding IPA which has 5.5%abv, about 3 units/pint.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I've just used an online units calculator and based it on the last seven days. I'm in big, big trouble.

Do you have a fridge next to the armchair, or do you have to get up and walk?
Fully stocked, but it is 4 paces away.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum