Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Random Alcohol and Drugs Testing In The Workplace.

+6
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
gloswhite
luckyPeterpiper
xmiles
Soul Kitchen
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's been mooted in various corners that random booze and drug testing in work place should be carried out. It would appear any failed culprits would be counselled, to coin a phrase,what does the team think?

Against it, what people do in their own time is their business, not the companies.

If I was to smoke weed at the weekend and then fail a test it would probably count against me in terms of my career progression, which is bullshit.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Strongly against it. 

Apparently they do this in some companies in USA.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've had random drugs and booze tests on various occasions and certificates to prove the fact when asked. It, drugs and being pissed up, can be a great handicap in various occupations and not just in impairing your ability to dog your job correctly but from a safety aspect as well.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Depends on the job I'd say but in the main, for guys working in an office or a job where you aren't using dangerous equipment or responsible for other people's safety then I'd be against it big time. There's too much nanny state and way too much power in the hands of the bosses as it is and giving them more is just stupid. I think this is a dead issue that will never get near being law for jobs where it isn't already. It reminds me a bit of that Tory MP last year who proposed a Bill which would allow your boss to fire you WITHOUT having to give a reason. That one managed to annoy even Cameron and Clegg.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:Against it, what people do in their own time is their business, not the companies.

If I was to smoke weed at the weekend and then fail a test it would probably count against me in terms of my career progression, which is bullshit.
Yes, your right, checking whether you are incapable of doing your job due to intoxication is bullshit.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If you're being paid to work, and you can't because its your 'right' to get blasted out of your head earlier, its a no-brainer to me. Don't go to work if you are impaired, and then bit by bit, your money will be reduced, helping you to gain clarity as to where your priorities should be. If you still want to follow your stupid and selfish assertions, carry on, and up on the dole. Enjoying your leisure time is one thing, but taking money for not doing a job is another, just don't think your employer should be held to fault for asking for what he is paying for.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Don't go to work if you are impaired. Sorry guys, I should have said 'go to work'

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I don't see a problem in it to be honest, if you get so shit faced the night before you go to work that you fail one of these tests and are unable to do your job correctly then it's your own bloody fault if the company you work for punish you.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:I don't see a problem in it to be honest, if you get so shit faced the night before you go to work that you fail one of these tests and are unable to do your job correctly then it's your own bloody fault if the company you work for punish you.
I do see your point here but where is the line aaron? It reminds me of people getting breathalysed on their way to work twelve or more hours after a party and getting their licence taken off them for being slightly over the limit. And who decides what level of alcohol etc is acceptable? Finally, if someone fails a random drug test they could be prosecuted for being in possession. 

No mate, this whole business is like a licence for 'fishing expeditions' where people in authority get to root around in your life just in case they find something. Frankly it smacks of 'If you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear', a statement most famously made by one Heinrich Himmler in 1937. If someone shows up to work obviously impaired then fair enough send them home and dock their pay if it's their own fault but frankly job security is non existent these days as it is and to put in rules like this is at best Draconian and at worst should come with a swastika on them UNLESS you work in something where being impaired genuinely endangers your colleagues or yourself. For ninety plus percent of the work force going to work with a bit of a hangover isn't going to be life threatening.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My staff have a mandatory drugs test every month, random alcohol tests on a daily basis, and a swab taken from their private parts at 2pm to make sure the sex club hasn't started up again.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:My staff have a mandatory drugs test every month, random alcohol tests on a daily basis, and a swab taken from their private parts at 2pm to make sure the sex club hasn't started up again.
That's odd Nat; I heard you FOUNDED the sex club. Very Happy 

What happened? Did you get bored of it and decide that since you weren't in it any more no one was allowed to be?:rofl:

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:My staff have a mandatory drugs test every month, random alcohol tests on a daily basis, and a swab taken from their private parts at 2pm to make sure the sex club hasn't started up again.
I can understand that when your staff work in a butty shop.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:
I can understand that when your staff work in a butty shop.
Scott that brings a whole new meaning to the words cream fingers Twisted Evil . Please don't say stuff like this; I laughed so hard I'm wearing half my beer and Mrs Piper thinks I've lost the plot. :rofl:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:That's odd Nat; I heard you FOUNDED the sex club. Very Happy 

What happened? Did you get bored of it and decide that since you weren't in it any more no one was allowed to be?:rofl:
Shut it you bellend, the sex club was made up of people aged 40+ shagging in the bogs. I think I can do a little better. I didn't even know people over 40 had sex to be honest.

Wankers.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Please don't say stuff like this; I laughed so hard I'm wearing half my beer and Mrs Piper thinks I've lost the plot. :rofl:
Don't worry, you can always deflate her.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:Please don't say stuff like this; I laughed so hard I'm wearing half my beer and Mrs Piper thinks I've lost the plot. :rofl:
Don't worry, you can always deflate her.
Oh dear, it seems you're good at dishing stuff out but not so hot at taking a joke Nat. You remind me of a poster on BBC606 called Reebok Bricks, another one with an exaggerated sense of self-importance. Shame really, I suppose it must be difficult to spend your life with a room temperature IQ.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:Oh dear, it seems you're good at dishing stuff out but not so hot at taking a joke Nat. You remind me of a poster on BBC606 called Reebok Bricks, another one with an exaggerated sense of self-importance. Shame really, I suppose it must be difficult to spend your life with a room temperature IQ.
My IQ is 227, I am technically a genius.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mine's higher you dimwit.

I'm well clever me.

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

scottjames30 wrote:Mine's higher you dimwit.
Scott, Nat was referring to the (alleged) number of brain cells he/she/it might have working. I have a pet cat with a higher IQ than his/hers/it (delete as applicable)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum