Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Random Alcohol and Drugs Testing In The Workplace.

+6
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
gloswhite
luckyPeterpiper
xmiles
Soul Kitchen
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

bwfc1874 wrote:
Breadman wrote:
bwfc1874 wrote:Sounds like it's just your friends who are 'boring, paranoid, self-obsessed fuckwits, who you wouldn't trust to find their arse with both hands.' Blaming cannabis for their short comings isn't right.
I never said they were my friends, although I've known one of them since school.

I used to go to the match with him and drink with him in the pubs of Bolton.

Then for some unknown reason his occasional use of cannabis increased dramatically.

And he became a proper boring, argumentative, self-absorbed wanker who we all now avoid.

Long-term, sustained cannabis use is a one-way trip into cuntdom.
Think it depends on each individual person and of course how much/often they're smoking.

Like any other vice if you do it every day and let it control your life  you will undoubtedly run into difficulties. But personally I'd much prefer to smoke with some friends at the weekend and go to a gallery/bar/park than go out on the piss. It's less damaging than alcohol and without the hangover. I certainly don't think weekend smoking would impair me Monday to Friday in any way.

Yeah, they all say that at first........

In your vast experience of 'a few people'?

Well.....yeah.

Before Cannabis they were good to be around and I enjoyed their company.

After cannabis, they became total fuck'eads, who I'd cross the street to avoid.

100% of them.

If you've got your cannabis addiction under control, then fair play to you. I'm sure your family and friends haven't seen any discernible change in your character and you're probably still being invited to parties and stuff.

And they DEFINITELY aren't talking about you behind your back.

Cannabis addiction? Do you know theres no such thing as a  chemical addiction to cannabis?

I'd say your experience is down to your mates being 'fuck heads' anyway. I know people of all ages who enjoy the odd smoke on a weekend like I do, some are 'fuckheads', some are very successful.

It's been legalised in certain US states, I'm sure it will be here eventually (its not as if the laws stopping anybody smoking). It shouldnt be a taboo subject piurely because its a 'drug' it should be treated like alcohol. Would probably help the binge drinking problem this country has.

bwfc1874 wrote:Cannabis addiction? Do you know theres no such thing as a  chemical addiction to cannabis?

I'd say your experience is down to your mates being 'fuck heads' anyway. I know people of all ages who enjoy the odd smoke on a weekend like I do, some are 'fuckheads', some are very successful.

It's been legalised in certain US states, I'm sure it will be here eventually (its not as if the laws stopping anybody smoking). It shouldnt be a taboo subject piurely because its a 'drug' it should be treated like alcohol. Would probably help the binge drinking problem this country has.
Your initial angry reaction to the suggestion that you are an addict is very telling.....

And then we get the classic "Projection Differal Response" about alcohol being much worse.

I'd say you are currently a "Stage Two" user.

Head in a bucket, "I can control it 'cos I only do it when I WANT, not when I NEED it", it's not as bad as some other drugs like alcohol, etc...

How's your erectile function these days?

If you start experiencing problems with "yer lad", that might indicate a move to Stage Three.

Keep me informed, mate. Despite what you might think, you're not alone.

Haha whatever Breadman, I was checking if you knew that cannabis isn't addictive. Clearly this is another topic you don't have much of a clue on so I won't bother trying to discuss it with you.

bwfc1874 wrote:Haha whatever Breadman, I was checking if you knew that cannabis isn't addictive. Clearly this is another topic you don't have much of a clue on so I won't bother trying to discuss it with you.
Well, if you want to get all clever about it, there's no such thing as "chemical addiction", the medical profession generally uses the phrase "Physical addiction", but hey ho. You know best, after all.......

And you're deffo not an addict. We've established that already.

So roll another fat one before you go to bed, have a good old toke (as I believe the vernacular is) and sleep safe in the knowledge that in no way is your need to use cannabis anyway a sign that you're addicted to drugs.

Good man!

And by the way, your desperate use of the time-worn argument that cannabis isn't addictive despite Van Dingleberg's recent paper in the British Medical Journal to the contrary, is a classic indicator that you've moved on to Stage Four.

You can expect to start eating your carpet and believing that you're the Home Secretary any time soon.

It will pass, but stay away from small children for a bit.

......and he's passed out on the floor 'cos he's not an addict and everything's ok.

Seems I was wrong.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

What's that you look to be smoking in your picture Bready?

Benson & Hedges full strength.

It will kill ya eventually, but in the short term, it gives you super powers to defeat cannabis monkeys in debates about their drug of choice won't hurt them.

Has he woke up yet.....?

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote:
Cannabis can remain in your system from anything from six weeks to three months. Check for yourself.
Not sure at all about this one SK. I'm pretty sure Cannabis/Marijuana only stays in the bloodstream for 48 hours maximum. I suspect it's the main reason why Rio at United deliberately did a runner and avoided a drug test. If as suspected, he had taken cannabis on Saturday evening after the game then a urine or blood test would have shown negative by Tuesday. I'm reliably informed that the vast majority of testing is carried out Monday to deliberately catch players who may have indulged over the weekeund.

Cocaine is a different matter altogether. Most drug testing involves the removal of a hair follicle because although it leaves the bloodstream relatively quickly it is absorbed into your hair and can remain in the root for over 3 months.

That could explain why so many players have shaven heads!
I rechecked this re cannabis and edited, and learned how it builds up in the system! A regular smoker would always show on the information I read.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

My next topic will be on Anger Management followed by Charisma Transplants! I look forward to the replies in certain quarters!! Very Happy

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:And how long do you think the effects of cannabis last? Unless you think the answer to that is between 2 days and 2 weeks then your comment was bullshit.
Have a look on the NHS site for yourself and then get back to me!! Very Happy
Btw as I said in an earlier post, people with drink and drug related problems are always in denial. Given your earlier admittance, no wonder you went rabid on the topic I started based on a news bulletin. Says it all.

Breadman wrote:And by the way, your desperate use of the time-worn argument that cannabis isn't addictive despite Van Dingleberg's recent paper in the British Medical Journal to the contrary, is a classic indicator that you've moved on to Stage Four.

You can expect to start eating your carpet and believing that you're the Home Secretary any time soon.

It will pass, but stay away from small children for a bit.
It's time worn because it's an indisputable fact yet people with no knowledge on the subject like yourself still try and argue it, even resorting to inventing contributions to the British Medical Journal to support you bogus claim :facepalm: . 

You're mate was already a twat, don't try and excuse him by blaming it on cannabis. You just need to accept it.

I'm off to fuel my weekend cannabis addiction anyway, I'll leave you to create some more imaginary points for your argument bread man.

:face2:

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Very Happy on the wanky baccy and you expect to be taken seriously. Tell your employer, I'll bet he/she is impressed lol!!

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And what are the punishments if caught?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:And what are the punishments if caught?
You could be dismissed or they could take a compassionate view and insist you see a drugs counsellor.

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was informed when I questioned the situation I was in that the first course of action was always counselling which seems fair play in both booze and drugs. However if you are failing a test on booze the implications are you have driven to work pissed up!!

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Soul Kitchen wrote:I was informed when I questioned the situation I was in that the first course of action was always counselling which seems fair play in both booze and drugs. However if you are failing a test on booze the implications are you have driven to work pissed up!!
Hi guys, just one little point I want to raise. I have worked and still do as a manager for a large-ish corporation where this has been greeted by management and staff alike with deep disdain. However I should point out that if someone shows up to work as part of my team clearly drunk or high then I would immediately send them home to sleep it off before attempting any sort of next step. I hae had the misfortune of sending such a staff member home a few years ago and when he came back to work we had a private meeting with his union rep and the company nurse. However he wasn't an alcohol addict, he'd simply made a mistake on his 21st birthday by drinking far too much and not going to bed before coming to work next day. I gave him a verbal warning which was the lowest level of discipline I could impose and that was on his Personnel file for six months. I'll be honest and say I thought that was unduly harsh given the circumstances but my hands were tied by the company's rules. 

I still feel that random testing in a job where H&S isn't affected by someone who has a bit of a hangover is far too draconian. I think what bothers me most about this is the fact that it explicitly says 'we don't trust you' to employees and the effect on morale that will have is going to far outweigh any potential benefits a company might accrue from this idea. 

I appreciate that drugs and drink are a problem in certain areas and professions but all my team does is process customer orders for a catalogue. They sit at a desk on a phone all day punching catalogue numbers into a computer. That's pretty much it and frankly if they turn up with a mild headache 'cos they were out with the gang last night as long as they do their job right I leave them be. They'll suffer enough with the headset going off every two to three minutes anyway. My general rule of thumb here is if a couple of aspirin is enough to let them work properly then who am I to tell them whether or not they're allowed to have a beer in their free time? My team is and has been for the last six consecutive months the fastest, most accurate and most profitable team the company has in the North of England where we have nine sites in total and twenty seven teams in operation. 

However, if someone did come to work too drunk or stoned to work without some genuinely mitigating circumstance I'd be very put out and if it happened more than once I'd show no mercy the second time. First time yes, offer help and suggest counselling if it appears to be merited but a second time they'd be gone. I don't believe I need random tests of what for the most part are very good men and women who work extremely hard to tell me who has such a problem and who doesn't. What they do when their shift is over is none of my business provided it doesn't impact how they perform when they are at their desk.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum