Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Are you VEGAN yet?

+7
Natasha Whittam
rammywhite
Cajunboy
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
karlypants
Bolton Nuts
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Are you VEGAN yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:58 pm

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

A lot of vegan menus are popping up everywhere, particularly in Manchester, as this current hipster trend dictates. What fascinates me is they are calling some of the dishes after animals. Eg, Vegan chicken and rice. Why anyone who deplores the killing of animals would then want to pretend they are eating one is quite beyond me. I have had a few debates on facebook to this effect but I am yet to receive an explanation that makes any sense.

22Are you VEGAN yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:49 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For the vast majority it's got nothing to do with lifestyle choice. In the modern world 1.45 billion people are vegetarian or vegan by necessity and further 75 million are vegetarian or vegan by choice. Of the remaining omnivores, most (apart from the bloated Western bastards) have a predominantly vegetarian or vegan diet supplemented with meat only occasionally - as it was in Britain until the last century when ordinary folk could only afford meat once a week - hence the rise of the Sunday roast.
Historically, the vast majority of people were vegetarian or vegan and it's looking like the trend towards meat eating is set to be reversed again as meat production is an incredibly inefficient use of land as population continues to rise.
Soybeans can yield 263 lbs of protein per acre, Rice 224 lbs, Legumes 94 lbs compared to meat (average) 36 lbs and Beef 15 lbs.
Mycoprotein production is set to rise dramatically as fungus grows really quickly and doesn't require much energy so expect to see more Quorn type proteins.
Fish farming is also likely to rise as if it's done properly, massive outputs in the region of 3 to 4 thousand lbs per acre can be achieved.
And then there's edible insect production - yum. Massive outputs of protein, fast growing and negligible environmental cost - cows emit 1500 times more greenhouse gases than insects per kilo of protein and require 5 times more feed.
Add this to the fact that Beef and Milk production is one of the biggest contributors to global warming/climate change and it makes every sense to ban meat production now if we care for the long term future of the planet and the human species - but we don't because we are a selfish bunch of twats.

23Are you VEGAN yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:35 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderlust, do you not have a wife you can spout this guff too?

Or does she tell you to fuck off, hence why we have to read this shit.

24Are you VEGAN yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:57 pm

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

25Are you VEGAN yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:18 pm

Claire Perry is clearly not up to doing her job.

26Are you VEGAN yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:21 pm

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Wanderlust, do you not have a wife you can spout this guff too?

Very Happy

27Are you VEGAN yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:22 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Wanderlust, do you not have a wife you can spout this guff too?

Very Happy
Fortunately she also thinks the facts are more interesting than your brainwashed bullshit. And please do us both a favour and stop reading my posts and/or block me.

28Are you VEGAN yet? - Page 2 Empty Re: Are you VEGAN yet? Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:39 am

RustyNail wrote:A lot of vegan menus are popping up everywhere, particularly in Manchester, as this current hipster trend dictates. What fascinates me is they are calling some of the dishes after animals. Eg, Vegan chicken and rice. Why anyone who deplores the killing of animals would then want to pretend they are eating one is quite beyond me. I have had a few debates on facebook to this effect but I am yet to receive an explanation that makes any sense.

Not eating meat doesn’t mean you don’t enjoy the flavour of it - just that you feel the negative impacts of the meat industry (health, environmental impact and industrial meat production), outweigh the taste.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum