Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brexit negotiations

+17
gloswhite
Dunkels King
wanderlust
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
Growler
wessy
Cajunboy
rammywhite
okocha
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
karlypants
luckyPeterpiper
Sluffy
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 50]

81Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Mon Oct 15 2018, 22:25

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:2 years on and the leavers still haven’t got an answer to the Ireland question, I was anti second referendum at first but it cannot he denied that this is an absolute shambles and too many were unaware of the full consequences of voting leave. Time for change.
Actually, I don't think anyone, leavers or remainers, have the answer that will satisfy all parties.

There wouldn't be a problem if we hadn't had the referendum.

At no point in the campaign did the brexiteers spell out what brexit actually meant.

82Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Oct 16 2018, 09:03

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:2 years on and the leavers still haven’t got an answer to the Ireland question, I was anti second referendum at first but it cannot he denied that this is an absolute shambles and too many were unaware of the full consequences of voting leave. Time for change.
Actually, I don't think anyone, leavers or remainers, have the answer that will satisfy all parties.

At no point in the campaign did the brexiteers spell out what brexit actually meant.
You're getting to be a bitter old man XM.  Smile
Just think, without Brexit, your life would have rolled on with nothing to get excited about, and no reason to rant and rave. 
Think of it as a good thing.  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

83Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Oct 16 2018, 10:11

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:
xmiles wrote:
gloswhite wrote:

You're getting to be a bitter old man XM.  Smile
Just think, without Brexit, your life would have rolled on with nothing to get excited about, and no reason to rant and rave. 
Think of it as a good thing.  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I think supporting Bolton has made me bitter not brexit. Far more lows than highs since 1958!

84Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Oct 16 2018, 12:25

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Question: Why do we need to change anything if we leave the EU as regards the NI border?

We have an open border now and successfully manage the terrorist threat and immigration with the current arrangements so what is the new problem everyone is worried about?

85Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Tue Oct 16 2018, 23:24

Because if we leave the EU on the terms being proposed - dropping out of the customs union and single market, the border would have to be more closed.

86Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 01:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Because if we leave the EU on the terms being proposed - dropping out of the customs union and single market, the border would have to be more closed.
Why though? Import tax can be charged at customer level - using the systems that are already in place.

87Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 07:07

How do you apply import tax at an open border?

88Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 09:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:How do you apply import tax at an open border?
You don't - it can be applied at the point of sale to the customer like VAT and collected in the same way.

On another note, the Tories have today turned on ex PM John Major:

On the eve of Wednesday's summit, former Conservative prime minister Sir John Major attacked Brexiteers, saying "those who promised what will never be delivered will have much to answer for."
"They persuaded a deceived population to vote to be weaker and poorer. That will never be forgotten - nor forgiven."
Sir John is among a host of former senior politicians, including Tony Blair, and ex-deputy prime ministers Lord Heseltine and Nick Clegg, stepping up calls for another referendum.

89Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 10:28

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sir John (Major) is among a host of former senior politicians, including Tony Blair, and ex-deputy prime ministers Lord Heseltine and Nick Clegg, stepping up calls for another referendum.

Not what I would call an illustrious line-up. Weak, greedy, self-centered, and out and out liars. They're all out in the cold for a reason.

90Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 10:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Michael Heseltine is the only Tory i have ever had any time for, a decent principled man.

91Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 10:33

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:Sir John (Major) is among a host of former senior politicians, including Tony Blair, and ex-deputy prime ministers Lord Heseltine and Nick Clegg, stepping up calls for another referendum.

Not what I would call an illustrious line-up. Weak, greedy, self-centered, and out and out liars. They're all out in the cold for a reason.

Name one prominent brexiteer who is not a "Weak, greedy, self-centered, and out and out liar".

92Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 10:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Rees-Mogg ?

93Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 10:43

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:Rees-Mogg ?

Could he be any more self centred? He also endorsed the lie about £350m being spent on the NHS and pretends that a no deal brexit will be good for Britain. It will OK for him as the investment fund he has an interest in has already made plans to relocate to Ireland.

I will leave it to you to decide if he is weak but he did take his nanny with him to campaign a couple of elections ago.

94Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 10:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rees Mogg is the worst kind of Tory, uses off shore tax havens and invests and profits from companies that supply drugs used for abortions when he says he is anti-abortion even for rape victims.

95Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 10:52

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:Rees Mogg is the worst kind of Tory, uses off shore tax havens and invests and profits from companies that supply drugs used for abortions when he says he is anti-abortion even for rape victims.

Sounds like a typical Tory - nothing matters if there is money to be made.

96Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 12:16

wanderlust wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:How do you apply import tax at an open border?
You don't - it can be applied at the point of sale to the customer like VAT and collected in the same way.

On another note, the Tories have today turned on ex PM John Major:

On the eve of Wednesday's summit, former Conservative prime minister Sir John Major attacked Brexiteers, saying "those who promised what will never be delivered will have much to answer for."
"They persuaded a deceived population to vote to be weaker and poorer. That will never be forgotten - nor forgiven."
Sir John is among a host of former senior politicians, including Tony Blair, and ex-deputy prime ministers Lord Heseltine and Nick Clegg, stepping up calls for another referendum.

But how would a tax resolve customs checks?

97Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 12:17

Rees Mogg peddles the lie that Brexit would decrease food prices, even the sun apologised for printing that one. Nothing from him as of yet.

98Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 14:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:

Rees Mogg peddles the lie that Brexit would decrease food prices, even the sun apologised for printing that one. Nothing from him as of yet.
Rees Mogg is an idiot who has lived a very sheltered and privileged life, has a net worth of over £100 million and has no understanding of what is happening in the real world so he pontificates about policy and politics as if everyone was in his privileged position. Arsehole.

99Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 14:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is he a relative?

100Brexit negotiations - Page 5 Empty Re: Brexit negotiations Wed Oct 17 2018, 15:01

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I can see that you won't give anyone I suggest the benefit of the doubt, so maybe you could suggest an honest and upright politician who the country can rely on to take us forward ? 
It should be a lot easier for you, as most of the opposition have quite handily hidden behind the 6 tests, so saving themselves from having to actually say something constructive, factual, or even knowledgeable. A perfect example being Emily Thornbury. (As much use as tits on a bull).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum