Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fake Outrage

+2
Hipster_Nebula
xmiles
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fake Outrage Empty Fake Outrage Wed Jun 12 2019, 10:55

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

The right wing papers are making a big deal out of the decision by the BBC to only provide free tv for over 75s who claim pension credit benefit.

Two obvious questions that are not being addressed are:

1. how many over 75s who don't receive pension credit benefit genuinely can't afford to pay the licence fee?
2. why is all this fake anger not directed at the Tory government that made the BBC responsible for the cost of providing free tv licences?

Truly a classic example of right wing framing.

2Fake Outrage Empty Re: Fake Outrage Wed Jun 12 2019, 12:41

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It isn't just the right wing.

The hard left are also making hay of this because they perceive the BBC to be bias against the dear leader. 

The TV licence is out of date and needs reforming in any case.

3Fake Outrage Empty Re: Fake Outrage Wed Jun 12 2019, 13:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whether you are over 75 or not there shouldn't be a License to fund this biased broadcasting company.

Stick adverts on it or make it pay per view like other channels and have done with it!

4Fake Outrage Empty Re: Fake Outrage Wed Jun 12 2019, 14:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure i heard that a lot of pensioners who are eligible for pension credit don't actually claim it. I presume they just don't know about it or the government make it very difficult to apply for.

Labour actually funded this themselves then the Tories insisted that the BBC take over funding it so it's no surprise they now want to start charging again.

5Fake Outrage Empty Re: Fake Outrage Wed Jun 12 2019, 23:31

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

So long as the  bbc are useful to the govt abroad their free money is safe.

6Fake Outrage Empty Re: Fake Outrage Thu Jun 13 2019, 12:04

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:

Labour actually funded this themselves
 Mr Pig- I presume you mean that the taxpayer funded it when Labour were in government-rather than the funding coming directly from the Labour party?

7Fake Outrage Empty Re: Fake Outrage Thu Jun 13 2019, 12:05

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Whether you are over 75 or not there shouldn't be a License to fund this biased broadcasting company.

Stick adverts on it or make it pay per view like other channels and have done with it!

KP- for God's sake , NO!! No adverts please as it ruins every other channel ( radio and TV) which gets its money that way.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum