Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What the MRS thinks...

+10
wessy
gloswhite
finlaymcdanger
y2johnny
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What the MRS thinks... Empty What the MRS thinks... Wed Aug 07 2019, 20:19

Bolton Nuts

Admin

"I really hope you are not thinking about going supporting that club on Saturday. They made a mess of the club, a mess of the business, took the fans for granted, the players aren't bothered, the ones who are left are kids, why would you even want to fund that business after how things have gone? If you want to watch football and support a team why does it have to be that one? Go watch a local team who actually want to play".

I didn't really have a good answer as to why I would still go and pay £24 to watch Bolton, other than some vague (and admittedly, misguided) idea about team loyalty.

Anyone have their own thoughts on this?
Is it a good point to question our blind loyalty to a team? Is the very idea of loyalty outdated? It's a business now, and that's all it is. What more do they have to do to show us that they really don't give two hoots about the fans other than as cattle who pay to get in?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

2What the MRS thinks... Empty Re: What the MRS thinks... Wed Aug 07 2019, 20:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3What the MRS thinks... Empty Re: What the MRS thinks... Wed Aug 07 2019, 20:33

Bolton Nuts

Admin

An emotive video isn't going to change anything.

4What the MRS thinks... Empty Re: What the MRS thinks... Wed Aug 07 2019, 20:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Biggie wrote:An emotive video isn't going to change anything.
Didn't say it would.

5What the MRS thinks... Empty Re: What the MRS thinks... Wed Aug 07 2019, 20:45

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The thing is, are you going to continue following them, or not?

6What the MRS thinks... Empty Re: What the MRS thinks... Wed Aug 07 2019, 21:02

Bolton Nuts

Admin

boltonbonce wrote:The thing is, are you going to continue following them, or not?

Probably. Maybe at more of a distance.

7What the MRS thinks... Empty Re: What the MRS thinks... Wed Aug 07 2019, 21:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now and again, I'll go and watch Warrington Town, but whether they win or lose doesn't really bother me. Not caring is an odd feeling.
There is, of course........Chorley.

8What the MRS thinks... Empty Re: What the MRS thinks... Wed Aug 07 2019, 21:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:There is, of course........Chorley.

I knew you'd come round eventually. Unbeaten so far in the National League, we'll be playing Bolton next season.

9What the MRS thinks... Empty Re: What the MRS thinks... Wed Aug 07 2019, 22:24

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I am up for a Chorley game. Send me details.

10What the MRS thinks... Empty Re: What the MRS thinks... Wed Aug 07 2019, 23:39

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its Bolton or nothing for me, been to watch City a few times as my Son supports them. Great team to watch but when they score it doesn't excite me whereas an unexpected point away for Bolton would have me jumping round the room and singing much to my Mrs annoyance  Very Happy

11What the MRS thinks... Empty Re: What the MRS thinks... Wed Aug 07 2019, 23:55

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm with norpig on this. There are other teams I enjoy watching at their best but none really capture me emotionally the way the Trotters do and none ever will. No offence to Chorley who are a lot closer to my home than BWFC but my heart will always belong to the Wanderers. It's more than 40 years since I went to my first BWFC game and too late for me to change allegiance now even if I wanted to. Which I don't.

12What the MRS thinks... Empty Re: What the MRS thinks... Thu Aug 08 2019, 02:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Biggie wrote:"I really hope you are not thinking about going supporting that club on Saturday. They made a mess of the club, a mess of the business, took the fans for granted, the players aren't bothered, the ones who are left are kids, why would you even want to fund that business after how things have gone? If you want to watch football and support a team why does it have to be that one? Go watch a local team who actually want to play".

I didn't really have a good answer as to why I would still go and pay £24 to watch Bolton, other than some vague (and admittedly, misguided) idea about team loyalty.

Anyone have their own thoughts on this?
Is it a good point to question our blind loyalty to a team? Is the very idea of loyalty outdated? It's a business now, and that's all it is. What more do they have to do to show us that they really don't give two hoots about the fans other than as cattle who pay to get in?

Tell her it's in your blood.

Explain to her in life you may end up having more than one wife but you will only ever have one club.

That should do the trick.

13What the MRS thinks... Empty Re: What the MRS thinks... Thu Aug 08 2019, 07:06

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Just tell her. ...

"Less thinking,  more sandwich making!"

14What the MRS thinks... Empty Re: What the MRS thinks... Thu Aug 08 2019, 08:37

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I occasionally go to see Welling to get my footy fix - the fans have low expectations so it’s usually a good laugh.

Took my boy to his first Bolton game away at Millwall last season. Last week he said ‘Dad, can we go and see Millwall again?’. I’ve finally given up forcing Bolton on him - it’s a hard sell these days.

15What the MRS thinks... Empty Re: What the MRS thinks... Thu Aug 08 2019, 09:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Supported them for over 50 years, and can't change now. Never been another team, nor will there be. 
I even owned shares in them at one time, (until I was jiffed out of them by the management).
Whatever happens, I'll be with them to the end. Only time will tell whether its mine, or their's.

16What the MRS thinks... Empty Re: What the MRS thinks... Thu Aug 08 2019, 22:40

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If this goes tits up i am done, what with Var and all the ponces playing in the Prem, no mark full backs going for 40 million it's pushing me away from the game i have loved for over 60 years .

Huddersfield paid 100 million for finishing bottom of  the Premiership, Whilst the 72 EFL clubs rot

But for me no Bolton Wanderers = no football that goes for TV games as well, the only thing that might tempt me would be a world cup.

17What the MRS thinks... Empty Re: What the MRS thinks... Fri Aug 09 2019, 09:22

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

PL clubs paid £1.4 Billion for transfers yesterday, while one of their founder members, with a proud history, is facing extinction, for what is, to the PL, a pittance. It really is a disgrace. 
If Bolton go under, that's me finished. First thing to go is my Sky Sports channel.

18What the MRS thinks... Empty Re: What the MRS thinks... Fri Aug 09 2019, 09:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:PL clubs paid £1.4 Billion for transfers yesterday, while one of their founder members, with a proud history, is facing extinction, for what is, to the PL, a pittance. It really is a disgrace. 
If Bolton go under, that's me finished. First thing to go is my Sky Sports channel.
I'm with you there.

19What the MRS thinks... Empty Re: What the MRS thinks... Fri Aug 09 2019, 10:03

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
gloswhite wrote:PL clubs paid £1.4 Billion for transfers yesterday, while one of their founder members, with a proud history, is facing extinction, for what is, to the PL, a pittance. It really is a disgrace. 
I'm with you there.

Yep, I cancelled Sky Sports last year after realising that there were only about 12 top of the table fixtures I was interested in watching.

If I’m going to watch Disney football it’s Champions League for me.

20What the MRS thinks... Empty Re: What the MRS thinks... Fri Aug 09 2019, 11:41

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

No other English clubs for me. The game just isn't exciting any more.
Being from north of the border I'm a committed Celtic supporter so I'll watch them instead- on TV.
The idea of the Wanderers not existing as a fully fledged team is almost impossible too consider.
And its all Anderson's fault.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum