Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sol Campbell thinks black managers are discriminated against!

+8
NickFazer
Sluffy
aaron_bwfc
Sgt. Bash
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
Reebok_Rebel
Bolton Nuts
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Why?

"I think there could be a lot of managers who should be in work, a lot of black managers who have got the qualifications, a lot of black managers who have had fantastic careers and are not working - for whatever reason - I don't know why.

For example, Paul Ince, he has had a wonderful career (but as manager at Blackburn) it didn't work out, but that doesn't mean it's not going to work out at another club. But then you have got white managers who have not had a fantastic career who have relegated other clubs but have got other jobs. You have to start saying, what's going on here?"

Does he have a point? Personally I can't see a club not taking on the right man for the job because of skin colour. What do you think?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

oh fuck off with the racist shit...

The reason there are no black managers in the premier league is because they are shit.

If one becomes good enough to manage a premier league side - then fair play to them, but until then, quit moaning.

we have 'Black' associations for almost everything - police, footballers, lawyers...

these associations are racist and 'anti-white' in there own right.

Can you imagine if somebody started a white police/footballers etc association - there would be a shitstorm! why are the black ones any different?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

my last post sounds like its targeted especially at you biggie - its at the post not you Embarassed

Bolton Nuts

Admin

HA HA! No worries.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Paul Ince isn't in management because he was shite.

Sol Campbell is the biggest ponce in ponceland, quit after one game in League 2. Soft bastard.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well he doesn't have a point about Ince IMO. He wasn't a good manager by all accounts but then you look at others, Megson for example, Jewell, The merrygorounders who keep getting job after job after job with a record of abject failure.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'd like to ask people like Sol Campbell: If a white man with a good record and a black man with an unproven record applied for the same job, should the black man get the job just for equality sake?

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You'd have to see some examples of where a club interviewed a Paul Ince and a comparable white manager with a record of failure and went down that road....

That said, maybe Ince doesn't interview well, maybe he's not a great communicator.

It's far far too simple to just say "Is it coz i iz black" - To steal a phrase.

You look at American sport and there are some world class black coaches, if you've got the talent you will get the opportunity.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Biggie wrote:Why?

"I think there could be a lot of managers who should be in work, a lot of black managers who have got the qualifications, a lot of black managers who have had fantastic careers and are not working - for whatever reason - I don't know why.

For example, Paul Ince, he has had a wonderful career (but as manager at Blackburn) it didn't work out, but that doesn't mean it's not going to work out at another club.

So what he is basically saying is because they had good careers as footballers they should automatically be great managers, sorry Sol but that's not how it works, not just for black people but white people too.

The reason paul ince was given a crack at the whip at blackburn is because he started in the lower leagues with MK dons and did well but I would bet most of black players who made it at the top level are going for the top jobs in the championship and premier league without trying to make it as lower league managers first.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The Rooney rule (more opportunity for black people to manage a club) was rejected by the FA's own consultant only four months ago on the basis that there simply isn't enough black candidates with the required qualifications to manage!

See here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19418328

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The real reason that there are not more black managers is because of the Scottish Managerial Mafia, this disproportionally represented group is also keeping out women, gays male and female varieties and celebrities. The only fly in their strategic ointment is that so few of them have ginger hair.

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I am pissed off that the Rooney rule was ever even given serious thought! Outrage.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

No black managers due to fact 1. not enough of them, 2. those that are around are absolute shite.

With regards to those white managers who go from job to job failing miserably possibly give better interviews and say the rights things that the chairm-people want to hear.

Its about the person and not the colour!

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sol Campbell is a racist.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Chris Powell has done a decent job at Charlton.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Chris Hughton hasn't done bad jobs at newcastle and norwich either.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like Hughton. Did a decent job at Birmingham as well. He was shafted at Newcastle by that chubby spiv Mike Cashley.

Perhaps players like Sol Campbell, Rio Ferdinand, Ledley King, Asley Cole etc should start taking their coaching badges then when they retire they can have a go at management.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum