Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sheffield Wednesday vs Bolton Wanderers

+12
inf
JonnyRandom
Keegan
doffcocker
Culcheth_White
BoltonTillIDie
Reebok Trotter
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
aaron_bwfc
bwfc71
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Now off oout to watch an afternoons worth of Footy. Plus also watch what could be the onslaught of Sheffield Wednesday against us (al-jazeera Sport 3)...

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bogdan, Mears, Mills, Knight, Alonso, Eagles, Andrews, Spearing, M Davies, Ngog, K Davies

Sordell left out of the SQUAD

affraid

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Bogdan, Mears, Mills, Knight, Alonso, Eagles, Andrews, Spearing, M Davies, Ngog, K Davies

Sordell left out of the SQUAD

affraid

Piss take. Id put sordell before afobe anyday

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If Sordell has a knock then fair enough ....but otherwise another 5 mill well spent?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alonso you genius. I'd have left you out.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

How bad has Alonso been though, you know, apart from the goal.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:How bad has Alonso been though, you know, apart from the goal.

I don't know, I'm in Sri Lanka watching West Indies v Australia.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coyle out.

Totally on top, but shite forwards have cost us again.

inf

inf
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Holy shit! Mark Davies scores! Shocked

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mark Davies you have arrived!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Beats 3 men and fires into the top corner.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's shite though!

Nah, to be fair, thats what he can do in the right areas. Shame he's seldom in them!

Good win, some good spells of play, some scrappy stuff but it's a win, away. Happy.

inf

inf
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Good win, but some nervous moments in the end.
Ngog missed a sitter today, a low cross from Alonso. Will he ever score?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Thought we just about deserved it ..... Eagles Man o match for me. Mears is not impressive .....definately try Riley.

Alonso was shaky despite the goal.....and SKD? no effect on the game.

Good 3 points though .....feeling better tonight.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some good things about the performance though. Defence was better - not great, but going in the right direction. Dominant spells could/should have produced more goals but at least we had the dominant spells, especially in the first half. Ngog did some great work as usual and was unlucky not to reach the cross but he isn't a predator that's for sure. He's doing the same job as Elmander did - runner.

Definite 6.5 out of 10 today which is a relief.

Andrews wasn't great and Mears was at best average. Alonso worked harder than usual - perhaps because Warnock has arrived - and got the goal. SKD was good and then tired again. Can't understand why OC hasn't tried playing with any two from Ngog/Sordell/Afobe up front - unless he has in training and it's pants - but you'd think that any combo would be worth a look at, especially at the end of games.

So relieved rather than ecstatic today.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Get in! Restored a bit of pride with today's performance, and what a goal by Mavies - just like Messi except Messi gets two like that every game, Mavies two every season.

I thought they were going to throw it away again but Wednesday hardly had a sniff in the second half, not forgetting of course that they were a Division One side last season.

How much better would it be if we had a striker who could find the net. However, win the next two games at home and we're back on track. Easy as that. Neutral

Jesus made it happen for Owen.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good result today...surprised though (I shouldnt be)

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

1st away game I have been to this season and I was impressed with how we played in parts, some nervous moments but to be honest if they hadn't been awarded the penalty they never caused us that many problems, the ones they did were down to lapses of concentration.

We fully deserved the win, started quite well but they put a few balls over the back 4 for Rodri I think it was, which caused us some problem, in particular Alonso but nothing to dangerous. We took the lead from a header by Alonso which seemed to take an age to go in from where I was sitting.

In the 2nd half we came out of the traps and certainly should have had a couple more, especially from Ngog, how he missed that chance that came across the goal I will never know, unless it took a nick off their defender. Couldn't really see the challenge for the penalty but the ref soon pointed to the spot, well taken penalty to be fair from Barkley.

As for our 2nd, it deserved to win most games, Mark davies dropped his shoulder beat 2 of their defenders ran in the box and curled it beautifully past Kirkland. Why he doesn't do that more often I will never know.

Best player of the match for us:- Eagles by a mile, ripped their right back to bits.

Worst player:- Would have to say Mears, it frustrates me watching him, his passing leaves a lot to be desired and he never runs forward with the ball.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thought Mills was good today.

Alonso will do well to keep his place tbh, he was awful at the back.

Spearing is the kind of player we've lacked IMO, he's happy doing the dirty stuff and he'll show for the ball when others aren't.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We cut out some of the hoofball and Mark Davies sees a lot of the ball and has a great game. What a coincidence!

I don't think it was a great performance. It was probably the best of a bad/average set of 7. The alarming lack of quality up front means we're over relying on Eagles to create the magic. I don't know what they'd do if he got injured...and I didn't think I'd ever be writing that.

Alonso was notably dreadful.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum