Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+12
terenceanne
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
luckyPeterpiper
finlaymcdanger
Hip Priest
xmiles
okocha
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
wanderlust
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 17]

161Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jun 06 2021, 21:02

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m not usually one to watch a drama series but we have recently been watching the flight attendant and now onto Your honor.

162Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Jul 02 2021, 13:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Started watching Lupin on Netflix and it's been great so far.

I did start to watch the new series of Fargo but gave up after 4 episodes, just didn't get going for me and not a patch on the first couple of series.

163Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jul 18 2021, 21:51

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Halfway through Professor T on ITV, and I can honestly say it's one of the most ludicrous pieces of television it's been my misfortune to see.

164Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jul 18 2021, 22:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is it about you?

165Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Jul 18 2021, 22:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Is it about you?
I would be TV gold. It's only a matter of time.

I met a TV producer on a police line up once, and he assured me I had what it takes. When he gets out I'll look him up.

166Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Jul 19 2021, 12:25

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
I would be TV gold. It's only a matter of time.

I met a TV producer on a police line up once, and he assured me I had what it takes. When he gets out I'll look him up.
Very Happy

167Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jul 27 2021, 22:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The final season of Bosch was brilliant, the best yet. I'll miss it.

I watched Jolt on Amazon over the weekend which started off well but lost its way pretty quickly. One thing I will say is that 48 year old Kate Beckinsale looks amazing. If I was a lesbian I'd definitely date her.

I also watched Blood Red Sky on Netflix. Dreadful. Gore for the sake of gore.

168Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jul 27 2021, 22:27

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I quote enjoyed blood red sky, the fear street 3 parter was good too

169Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jul 27 2021, 22:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:The final season of Bosch was brilliant, the best yet. I'll miss it.

I watched Jolt on Amazon over the weekend which started off well but lost its way pretty quickly. One thing I will say is that 48 year old Kate Beckinsale looks amazing. If I was a lesbian I'd definitely date her.

I also watched Blood Red Sky on Netflix. Dreadful. Gore for the sake of gore.

The 1995 film Cold Comfort Farm, starring the young Miss Beckinsdale is on BBC iplayer at the moment -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000y2f8/cold-comfort-farm

A pleasant 'feel good' family type film, easy watching but too far fetched for my liking.

Rather watch her dad in Rising Damp and Porridge myself!

170Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Jul 27 2021, 23:01

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cold Comfort Farm, really has to be read to be appreciated fully. It's hilarious.

171Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Aug 15 2021, 10:44

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A truly superb, Oscar-winning film was on BBC2 last night at 10pm....Green Book. Very funny but also meaningful in its 1962 USA setting. The acting is very special, as is the script. Worth the effort to watch on catch-up if you've never seen it.

172Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Aug 15 2021, 11:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:A truly superb, Oscar-winning film was on BBC2 last night at 10pm....Green Book. Very funny but also meaningful in its 1962 USA setting. The acting is very special, as is the script. Worth the effort to watch on catch-up if you've never seen it.
Enjoyable movie, although the family of Donald Shirley have been somewhat critical. Many reviewers classed it as a typical 'white saviour' movie, of which there are many.
That's probably a little unfair in this case, and it's well worth the watch, as Okocha says.

173Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Aug 16 2021, 15:50

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Enjoying Cruel Summer on PRIME.

Probably for all the wrong reasons.

174Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Aug 16 2021, 16:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

At the behest of a young lady, small of stature, but large of mouth, I'm watching all four series of The Worst Witch on BBC iPlayer.
I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

175Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Aug 16 2021, 16:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We watched The Serpent a few weeks back based on a true story on Netflix which I can highly recommend for those who haven't watched it. Smile

176Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Aug 16 2021, 17:11

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I agree KP.

Evil but addictive.

177Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 20 2021, 21:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:At the behest of a young lady, small of stature, but large of mouth, I'm watching all four series of The Worst Witch on BBC iPlayer.
I'm thoroughly enjoying it.

Very sadly the author, Jill Murphy, has just died.

Nice write up about her here -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-58283965

178Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 20 2021, 21:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Yes Sluffy, very sad indeed. She's left a legacy that will entertain children of all ages for many years to come.

And she did it before the advent of that four eyed parvenu, Harry Potter.

179Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 20 2021, 21:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Yes Sluffy, very sad indeed. She's left a legacy that will entertain children of all ages for many years to come.

And she did it before the advent of that four eyed parvenu, Harry Potter.

I seemed to have missed out on Jill Murphy somehow, when my daughter was younger it was Disney or Jacqueline Wilson (I even had to take her to a book signing session in London that she somehow got a personal invite to attend along with about 1,000 others - I think she was in some sort of fan club or something like that?).

Tracey Beaker was the TV series I had to sit and watch with her.

Tracey now has a child of her own!

They grow up so fast these days.

180Film and TV review. - Page 9 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Fri Aug 20 2021, 22:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

I seemed to have missed out on Jill Murphy somehow, when my daughter was younger it was Disney or Jacqueline Wilson (I even had to take her to a book signing session in London that she somehow got a personal invite to attend along with about 1,000 others - I think she was in some sort of fan club or something like that?).

Tracey Beaker was the TV series I had to sit and watch with her.

Tracey now has a child of her own!

They grow up so fast these days.
In times of stress, or particular moments of sadness, I often revert to the books of my childhood. They're like a comfort blanket. I think this is true for many.
The Just William books have helped me through many a crisis. And, according to my mum, started a few as well!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum