Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Atmosphere

+7
BoltonTillIDie
Copper Dragon
doffcocker
Sgt. Bash
Bernard Dennis Park
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Wed Oct 24 2012, 21:49

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I seem to remember him doing that. Except he was piss wet through as he walked towards us. I might be thinking of a different goal. It was a long time ago.

22Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Wed Oct 24 2012, 21:53

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I seem to remember him doing that. Except he was piss wet through as he walked towards us. I might be thinking of a different goal. It was a long time ago.

True, but it's going to bug me now.

Those were the great days of watching BWFC for me. We were crap, the teams we were playing were crap, the grounds were crap....but it just had this magical atmosphere all of its own. I used to get excited going to places like Exeter and Mansfield, more so than going to Old Trafford and Anfield in recent years.

23Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Wed Oct 24 2012, 21:57

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:
Lyric Todkill wrote:
Passi wrote:A cold night in Bournemouth when Phil Brown scored a last minute volley to win the game. There were only about 250 Bolton fans there but the atmosphere was ace.

don't remember it as cold

great few days

Didn't it piss it down?

Don't recall that either

Remember the goal and singing, for the whole of 2nd half, "We are the one and etc"

24Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Wed Oct 24 2012, 22:01

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I seem to remember him doing that. Except he was piss wet through as he walked towards us. I might be thinking of a different goal. It was a long time ago.

Think that was at Lincoln in the F.A cup in 1994. It was pissing down and Brown scored a screamer. It was the first time we were ever on Sky as well.

25Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Wed Oct 24 2012, 22:05

OneFinFreedman wrote:

Think that was at Lincoln in the F.A cup in 1994. It was pissing down and Brown scored a screamer. It was the first time we were ever on Sky as well.

I remember that goal, what a cracker. But it's not the one I'm thinking of at Bournemouth.

Did we win the Lincoln game 3-1? Who else scored?

26Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Wed Oct 24 2012, 22:07

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

OneFinFreedman wrote:

I was just thinking about that actually. Maybe it was that one. Do you remember what happened outside the ground at full time? Was funny as fuck.

27Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Wed Oct 24 2012, 22:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do you remember what happened outside the ground at full time? Was funny as fuck.

Do tell.

28Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Wed Oct 24 2012, 22:08

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Did Coyle and Kelly get the other goals?

29Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Wed Oct 24 2012, 22:09

Passi wrote:
OneFinFreedman wrote:

I remember that goal, what a cracker. But it's not the one I'm thinking of at Bournemouth.

Did we win the Lincoln game 3-1? Who else scored?

Alan Thompson and Owen Coyle, I can remember every game between 1992 and 1997, ask me who scored last week and I struggle to remember.

30Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Wed Oct 24 2012, 22:11

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Do tell.

You won't find it funny because you're a miserable cow. But if you were there and stood near the Lincoln fans you'll remember a fat cunt mouthing off all game telling us what was going to happen outside after the game. The same fat cunt got put on his arse by one punch and all his mates ran off and hid in a chippy at full time.

Are you amused?

31Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Wed Oct 24 2012, 22:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You won't find it funny because you're a miserable cow.

Not true.

32Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Wed Oct 24 2012, 22:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But if you were there and stood near the Lincoln fans you'll remember a fat cunt mouthing off all game telling us what was going to happen outside after the game. The same fat cunt got put on his arse by one punch and all his mates ran off and hid in a chippy at full time.

Are you amused?

I think you had to be there.

33Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Wed Oct 24 2012, 22:15

OneFinFreedman wrote:

Alan Thompson and Owen Coyle, I can remember every game between 1992 and 1997, ask me who scored last week and I struggle to remember.

You are correct, I've looked it up.

34Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Wed Oct 24 2012, 22:17

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I think you had to be there.

I hate you.

35Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Wed Oct 24 2012, 22:18

Passi wrote:
OneFinFreedman wrote:

You are correct, I've looked it up.

Can't believe you doubted me.

36Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Thu Oct 25 2012, 09:34

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Bolton vs Birmingham 1994ish. The Zulus came in our end and we smashed them all over the place. Great atmosphere.

lol!

37Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Thu Oct 25 2012, 09:44

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

For me...

The best I've seen at the Bok was when we beat Athletico Madrid in the UEFA cup - total sell-out crowd, Bolton fans even filled the south stand upper...

Away Game - Birmingham away in the FA cup quarters, chungy scored THAT goal that took us to Wembley, this was a big thing for me as the last time before that I got to go to Wembley was against Reading in the Play off's (96 I think) and since then Id never had chance to visit the 'new' Wembley - this was my chance!

...Its funny though as I dont remember much from the subsequent visit to Wembley.

Byern Munich away will also stick with me forever, the absolute BEST away trip I have ever been on, I doubt anything will ever come as close to that in the rest of my BWFC supporting life...

38Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Thu Oct 25 2012, 10:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

The best I've seen at the Bok was when we beat Athletico Madrid in the UEFA cup - total sell-out crowd, Bolton fans even filled the south stand upper...

Please don't mention atmosphere and The Reebok in the same sentence. There was more atmosphere at Burnden Park on a cold January evening with 4000 on, than there will ever be at the Reebok with 20,000 on.

39Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Thu Oct 25 2012, 11:20

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Please don't mention atmosphere and The Reebok in the same sentence. There was more atmosphere at Burnden Park on a cold January evening with 4000 on, than there will ever be at the Reebok with 20,000 on.

how would you know?

40Best Atmosphere - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Atmosphere Thu Oct 25 2012, 11:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

how would you know?

Because I've experienced both, dummy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next