Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+25
Keegan
observer
Norpig
boltonbonce
Whitesince63
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
bryan458
Hip Priest
Natasha Whittam
Bolton Nuts
okocha
Cajunboy
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
terenceanne
finlaymcdanger
dutchwhites63
BarrygoestoBolton
Feby
Growler
whatsgoingon
BoltonWondering
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 32]

21Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 15 2022, 12:07

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The days of us signing midfield enforcers are long gone. We play beautiful football these days

22Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 15 2022, 12:19

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We don't know how much money is involved but regarding Fossey and Trafford.
Both got good exposure while playing with us which led Trafford to his first England Cap. Fossey is possibly on the verge of a USA Cap. The club seems set for a promotion push and both Fossey and Trafford values will double or triple if they are part of it you would think. Is Preston or Wigan a good career move - I dunno.

23Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 15 2022, 13:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:The days of us signing midfield enforcers are long gone. We play beautiful football these days

You idiot. We didn't make the play-offs due to our soft midfield. Too many games lost because we were out fought.

Boggers out.

24Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 15 2022, 16:40

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I hear Rob Earnshaw is contemplating one final season and wants the Whites shirt to add to his collection... #ITKFact

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

25Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 15 2022, 16:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggers wrote:£500k bid for Michal Helik

That would be great but why would Barnsley sell him?

26Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 15 2022, 17:10

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

That would be great but why would Barnsley sell him?

Cutting their cloth accordingly. Fwiw I think he’s too good for league one

27Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 15 2022, 17:55

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

28Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 15 2022, 20:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Iles is confirming Carty and inferring that he knows of more...

29Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 15 2022, 21:57

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

6 more B team signings tomorrow.

30Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 15 2022, 22:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

To be honest I've lost track of what a B Team is these days.

In the old days you had a first team and the reserve team - easy to understand.

Now we have an academy team, a development squad team (we which dumped two years ago and now brought back (is this the B Team now?) and didn't we have an U23 team as well - I don't know anymore???

I'm guessing the structure goes something like this...

Young kids go to normal schools and come together to be trained.

At 16 - 18, they go to the academy and play against other academy teams.

Those deemed good enough now sign a contract to play for what is now known as our 'B Team'.

We no longer have an U23 team (or is simply now referred to as the B Team)

Have I got it right or doesn't anyone else really know either???

31Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 15 2022, 23:29

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The B team, is the bridging gap between the under 18s and first team, allowing a mixture of both sides as well as the u23s.

32Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2022, 00:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Cutting their cloth accordingly. Fwiw I think he’s too good for league one
Presumably that's why Helik has been linked to both QPR and Boro?

33Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2022, 00:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:The B team, is the bridging gap between the under 18s and first team, allowing a mixture of both sides as well as the u23s.

Thanks.

So the academy side is one and the same as the under U18's, then there is the B Team and then the U23's and finally the first team.

The B Team hasn't got a squad as such but is comprised of players from the academy/U18's and some from the U23's - yes?

Also that means we DO have an U23's squad which is separate to the B Team but some of the U23's do turn out for them.

We therefore have four levels of teams which are in ascending order

- academy/U18's
- B Team
- U23's
- first team.

But only 'three' distinct squads academy/U18's, U23's and first team.

Have I understood it correctly?

I think I probably still haven't because if so why are we signing players for the B Team and not for the U23s?

Is it perhaps that the U23's and B Team are one and the same thing?

I'm still confused about this.

Sorry.

34Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2022, 06:43

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

No longer a U23 team as I understand it, but replaced with the B team. First teamers who are not in the running for much game time will get minutes with the B team along with younger players who have past the U18 stage. I could be wrong, mind you - it's happened before!

35Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2022, 11:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Keegan wrote:No longer a U23 team as I understand it, but replaced with the B team. First teamers who are not in the running for much game time will get minutes with the B team along with younger players who have past the U18 stage. I could be wrong, mind you - it's happened before!

Thanks Keegan, that's the same answer as I've arrived at too, and I reckon that is the set up now.

I guess there must be a reason they've not called the B Team the U23's, presumably because we aren't intending to be playing in an under 23's league (and whatever over age player constraints they have, etc but we must still be playing other clubs U23's as opposition mainly in organised friendlies, as who else is there to play on a regular basis?

36Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2022, 11:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

From what i've read the B team will still play in the reserve league but will be able to pick games against other teams as well. There seems to be a few teams going down the B team route now so presume they could play each other.

37Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2022, 11:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:From what i've read the B team will still play in the reserve league but will be able to pick games against other teams as well. There seems to be a few teams going down the B team route now so presume they could play each other.

I'm guessing there are two different leagues we could field teams in, the Central League and the Under 23's but I think since we scrapped our academy under Phoenix that the U23 league is no longer an option to us as one of the criteria for entry is the category of training academy we have(?).

If so we can only look to play in the central league or similar for competitive matches, hence the talk about the B Team playing the likes of non league opposition (and friendlies) against other clubs U23's for now.

I guess it will all become a little bit clearer once the season has started and we find out who exactly our B Team has been playing.

38Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2022, 13:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is in interesting alternative to Fossey if we can get him - only 18 but has already played at the highest level.

Watching him on Youtube his playing style has a touch of the Nicky Hunt's about it. Not sure if that's a good thing or not Smile

Last edited by wanderlust on Thu Jun 16 2022, 14:00; edited 1 time in total

39Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2022, 13:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] is in interesting alternative to Fossey if we can get him - only 18 but has already played at the highest level.

Yes, we already know...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

40Transfer rumours ! - Page 2 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 16 2022, 14:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Yes, we already know...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Wow!

How on earth did you already know my opinion about it?  You must be psychotic Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 32  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum