Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton

+8
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
terenceanne
boltonbonce
okocha
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Cajunboy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Sat Nov 19 2022, 17:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They're doing my head in.

22Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Sat Nov 19 2022, 17:23

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:Got out of jail again but why do we always have to go behind and then have to throw the kitchen sink at teams? Why start with Kachunga and Charles when they have been useless lately? Get Sadlier and JDB in the starting line up for Gods sake!
Beats me Norpig, every time Sadlier comes on he shows more in his cameos than Charles and Kachunga in 90. I don’t know what he’s doing wrong in training not to get a start but surely both he and Bod need to start from now on? It wouldn’t surprise me if they didn’t mind because Evatt is that stubborn but hey ho 3 very well deserved points tonight and back up to 5th. Hope that’s put a smile on your face it certainly has on mine? 🤗🎉

23Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Sat Nov 19 2022, 17:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We are now up to 5th! Enjoy the moment! ::bwfcfan::

24Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Sat Nov 19 2022, 17:57

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Kacha works hard but he one of those players where the ball will not drop. A lot of his passes are clever in the attempt but rarely come off. Nobody doubts Charles workrate but his lack of ball control is shocking at times.....he then pursues the ball and gives a foul away.
So, time for both of them to be rested IMO
When Sadlier, Sheehan & Bod came on we look twice as dangerous.
Of course the next game is Papa John so I don't care who we play in that one - better off out of it. Give all the fringe players a go.
Anyway back up to 5th in the table COYWM.

25Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Sat Nov 19 2022, 19:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The bedsheets are back in the cupboard.

Another dreadful first 45 minutes, what does Evans say to them before they leave the changing room? Does he read them the 'Sluffy & Bob Guide To Football Club Accounting' before every match?

Absolutely awful. Why oh why does he persist with Kachunga & Charles, who are two of the worst strikers we've ever had. Neither creates, neither scores. They shouldn't even be in he squad.

However, things improved drastically in the second half. I wonder if Evans read the players an extract from my soon to be released inspirational autobiography? We look a different team when Bod is on the pitch, he can hold the ball up, pass and gets in the box. Sadler changed the game though, what a 15 minute cameo. Sheehan was decent too. We played with intensity and creativity for over half an hour. Why can't we start like that?

It seems bloody obvious that Dapo, Bod & Sadlier should all be starting against Bristol Rovers, but the smart money will be another dream-team appearance from Kachunga & Charles.

26Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Sat Nov 19 2022, 20:18

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Got out of jail again but why do we always have to go behind and then have to throw the kitchen sink at teams? Why start with Kachunga and Charles when they have been useless lately? Get Sadlier and JDB in the starting line up for Gods sake!

Almost as soon as I bailed on the Chatbox all hell broke loose! We should try it again next week, Norpig.

27Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Sat Nov 19 2022, 23:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:

Almost as soon as I bailed on the Chatbox all hell broke loose! We should try it again next week, Norpig.
I did think that at the time  Very Happy

28Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Sun Nov 20 2022, 00:55

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Like everyone else I'm thinking "What the hell does Evans see in Charles and Kachunga," and "How the fuck are JDB and Sadlier not guaranteed starters every match." Dapo was absolutely brilliant today. Even when he's struggling for form he's still our most inventive and creative player by a country mile.

29Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Sun Nov 20 2022, 09:08

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hip Priest wrote:Like everyone else I'm thinking "What the hell does Evans see in Charles and Kachunga," and "How the fuck are JDB and Sadlier not guaranteed starters every match." Dapo was absolutely brilliant today. Even when he's struggling for form he's still our most inventive and creative player by a country mile.
Don’t know anyone who’d disagree with a word of that HP, other than Evatt of course. Why he worries about teams like Fleetwood and sets up all defensive and hard working when we have the players to attack and blow them away as we showed again today I don’t know. I accept that he’s young and inexperienced in management but he’s got eyes so surely he can see that just as clear as we can. I’m absolutely certain that if we’d taken from the start the attacking approach in every game as Plymouth, Ipswich and Wednesday have done, we’d be up there with them instead of struggling to get in the top six. Let’s just hope that the penny’s finally dropped but knowing Evatt I wouldn’t bet on it.

30Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Sun Nov 20 2022, 15:21

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think we have the players to get out of the division, but not the manager.

I just hope that there is some cash in January and even with EVANS at the wheel we can still do it.

31Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Sun Nov 20 2022, 18:09

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Cajunboy wrote:I think we have the players to get out of the division, but not the manager.

I just hope that there is some cash in January and even with EVANS at the wheel we can still do it.
I think that’s a bit harsh Cajun. Evatt is still learning the managerial job and to be fair what more could he have done with the resources he’s had? I don’t agree with him on lots of things but he knows a lot more about the squad than I do. Hopefully he’s learning all the time and certainly about which players he can rely and which he can’t. 

To be fair to both Dion and Kachunga, neither can be criticised on work rate but I’m afraid it’s end results that count and both are under delivering. I can see a place for Kachunga in the team but Dion needs resting because he’s been truly awful all season. That miss again yesterday from a supposed striker was just unforgivable and it’s nowhere near the first sitter he’s missed.

I personally think we do have the players now to get promotion but if we can strengthen both up front and at CH in January I think we can do it, even automatic because I think the top 3 will slip up at some time soon and hopefully ours is behind us? Evatt has indicated that he will sign a striker so I’ll chuck in a couple of names. Cole Stockton obviously but how about Jamille Matt from FVR. I know both their teams are looking like being relegated but maybe that might make them easier to prize away?

32Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Sun Nov 20 2022, 18:23

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:I think that’s a bit harsh Cajun. Evatt is still learning the managerial job and to be fair what more could he have done with the resources he’s had? I don’t agree with him on lots of things but he knows a lot more about the squad than I do. Hopefully he’s learning all the time and certainly about which players he can rely and which he can’t. 

To be fair to both Dion and Kachunga, neither can be criticised on work rate but I’m afraid it’s end results that count and both are under delivering. I can see a place for Kachunga in the team but Dion needs resting because he’s been truly awful all season. That miss again yesterday from a supposed striker was just unforgivable and it’s nowhere near the first sitter he’s missed.

I personally think we do have the players now to get promotion but if we can strengthen both up front and at CH in January I think we can do it, even automatic because I think the top 3 will slip up at some time soon and hopefully ours is behind us? Evatt has indicated that he will sign a striker so I’ll chuck in a couple of names. Cole Stockton obviously but how about Jamille Matt from FVR. I know both their teams are looking like being relegated but maybe that might make them easier to prize away?

Dear me, the happy-clapper syndrome is catching. Watch out folks.

We are where we are despite Evans, not because of him. He only just got us out of the bottom division despite having the biggest budget and crowds. Last season we finished mid-table hampered by another dreadful Summer recruitment which aided another poor start. Decent finish, but we were under no pressure. We took 4 points from 36 off the top 6 teams.

He was the first manager in yonks given cash, and he wasted it on Dion Charles who has been dreadful. His other signings have been average at best, none of his signings have had two good games on the trot, except maybe Bod at the end of last season.

You say Charles and Kachunga work hard? Big whup. That's the absolute minimum you should expect from a professional footballer. You could pick anyone out of the Bolton crowd and they'd work hard and give 100%. Perhaps we are being greedy expecting the odd goal from our strikers?

You think we can catch the top 3? Now that is funny.

WS63 out.

33Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Sun Nov 20 2022, 19:12

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Lets ignore that we had a good window when 20th in division two, went on the best run in the league to get promotion and somehow that's Evatts fault?  He then repeated the same in an higer division, having the best form in the division in the latter stages of last year to get us a top half finish.

Most sensible fans would say that a play off place this year would be progress, we are 5th all this is Evatts fault Hmm.  

Like most i have beed dissapointed with our current form yet we are still 5th If IE pulls off another good window then we most probably finish top 6 or better. yet the manager should go, give your head a wobble.

34Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Sun Nov 20 2022, 19:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Lets ignore that we had a good window when 20th in division two, went on the best run in the league to get promotion and somehow that's Evatts fault?  He then repeated the same in an higer division, having the best form in the division in the latter stages of last year to get us a top half finish.

Most sensible fans would say that a play off place this year would be progress, we are 5th all this is Evatts fault Hmm.  

Like most i have beed dissapointed with our current form yet we are still 5th If IE pulls off another good window then we most probably finish top 6 or better. yet the manager should go, give your head a wobble.

The play-offs would be progress but if Evans had picked Dapo and played him in his best position, never picked Kachunga, and generally picked the same side every week I think we'd be challenging the top 3.

And that's the problem for me, I just feel we should be doing so much better than we are. I can't remember many teams getting promoted with a bingo machine approach to team selection.

35Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Mon Nov 21 2022, 09:41

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

The play-offs would be progress but if Evans had picked Dapo and played him in his best position, never picked Kachunga, and generally picked the same side every week I think we'd be challenging the top 3.

And that's the problem for me, I just feel we should be doing so much better than we are. I can't remember many teams getting promoted with a bingo machine approach to team selection.
Evatt picks the team he believes can do the job best. I’m not disagreeing with you on Dapo, he’d be my first name on the team sheet, nor do I disagree with you on Charles and Kachunga being preferred over others or that his latest signings haven’t performed but despite all this we’re joint fourth in the league with a game in hand. How many other teams would love to be in our position? You really do make yourself look silly sometimes with your constant “Evans out” nonsense. Evatt accepts that he’s still learning and I’m sure he’ll have learned even more in recent weeks so give it a rest and get behind him for once. 🥱

36Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Mon Nov 21 2022, 11:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:You really do make yourself look silly sometimes with your constant “Evans out” nonsense. Evatt accepts that he’s still learning and I’m sure he’ll have learned even more in recent weeks so give it a rest and get behind him for once. 🥱

You seem to be excusing him for his mistakes because he's "still learning". This is Bolton Wanderers Football Club, the best club in the world, we're not here to give Evans on-the-job work experience so he can go on to better things elsewhere.

I did my work experience at a brewery when I was 15, they didn't let me make decisions that impacted the company. They waited until I was 16 to offer me the CEO job.

37Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Mon Nov 21 2022, 14:15

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Another stupid comparison Nat. Nobody, including top football managers or company CEO’s arrived in their positions without learning their job first. Do you think Pep or Klopp didn’t go through the learning process. Despite not being the finished article he took us from the depths to promotion in his first season, stabilised last year and this year is on the promotion trail again. You quote budgets yet most of the teams we’re fighting against in L1 like Ipswich, Wednesday, Peterborough, Derby and Portsmouth all have much bigger budgets that IE. In fact probably several below that also will have bigger budgets so I think that’s a lost argument. Just because we are a bigger club at this level doesn’t mean we have any right to expect anything. We have to work harder and so far for me we are. I fully agree with you on many of Evatt’s decisions but as I said, he knows far more than we do about his squad so I’m content to accept his decisions even if I don’t always agree with his b8ngo style approach because so far it’s working. 😉

38Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Mon Nov 21 2022, 16:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Another stupid comparison Nat. Nobody, including top football managers or company CEO’s arrived in their positions without learning their job first. Do you think Pep or Klopp didn’t go through the learning process. Despite not being the finished article he took us from the depths to promotion in his first season, stabilised last year and this year is on the promotion trail again. You quote budgets yet most of the teams we’re fighting against in L1 like Ipswich, Wednesday, Peterborough, Derby and Portsmouth all have much bigger budgets that IE. In fact probably several below that also will have bigger budgets so I think that’s a lost argument. Just because we are a bigger club at this level doesn’t mean we have any right to expect anything. We have to work harder and so far for me we are. I fully agree with you on many of Evatt’s decisions but as I said, he knows far more than we do about his squad so I’m content to accept his decisions even if I don’t always agree with his b8ngo style approach because so far it’s working. 😉

If the manager put our best team out in their best positions then I wouldn't have a problem. But he doesn't. Not a single Bolton fan would start Kachunga & Charles against Bristol Rovers, but can you hand on heart say Evans won't do it?

Personally, I think it's more about ego than a learning experience.

39Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Tue Nov 22 2022, 09:44

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I do completely agree on Charles and Kachunga Nat and also that most Wanderers fans would agree and no I can’t put my hand on my heart and say he won’t continue to play them because whatever we think Evatt seems to trust them. Despite the fact he trusts them I don’t expect either to start tonight and assuming a good performance and we win, not against Bristol either but should Bod or Sadler fail to impress in either of those games I think they may well return again. Personally I’d be giving both Sads and Bod a run of 5 or 6 games to see how they progress but if results go against us I suspect he won’t. I think a rest will do both Kachunga and Charles good but it wouldn’t surprise me if one or both weren’t here after January? 🤔

40Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Fleetwood 1-2 Bolton Tue Nov 22 2022, 10:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote: I think a rest will do both Kachunga and Charles good but it wouldn’t surprise me if one or both weren’t here after January? 🤔

I am 100% sure they will be here - who would take them? Who is looking for a striker who doesn't score?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum