Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Exeter boss Gary Caldwell's verdict on Wanderers and bumper crowd

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Exeter boss Gary Caldwell's verdict on Wanderers and bumper crowd 16172638

Wanderers are expecting a bumper crowd this weekend, but Exeter boss Gary Caldwell isn’t worrying too much about the home atmosphere.

The Whites are hosting their latest ‘Family Day’, with tickets available at a reduced price in an attempt to make live football more accessible for the local community.

But Caldwell has played down the impact the crowd will have on Saturday and backed his players to handle the occasion.

The former Celtic and Scotland defender also hopes the travelling fans will give his side a boost against Ian Evatt’s men.

He told the club’s YouTube channel: “We have got a thousand there, which is incredible for us.

“We have that away support that I always think you need at these bigger stadiums - we have a following that is going to back us.

“I’m not too worried about (the home fans), I am more focused on our supporters and the energy they are going to give to our team on the day.”

Exeter are currently 13th in the table as they aim to build on last season’s promotion from League Two.

The Grecians drew 1-1 against Sheffield Wednesday in their last outing and thought they had done enough to secure all three points before Callum Paterson equalised in the fourth minute of stoppage time.

Caldwell is prepared for a tough test against Wanderers and says his side will need to be “good on the counter attack”.

“I think they are a good football team, they have a clear way of playing,” he added.

“They have built that over a number of years, playing from the back through the thirds and trying to create overloads and one-v-ones in the final third to score goals.

“We have to be prepared to work hard when they have the ball. We have to be prepared to be organised in how we press.

“From there, we have to be good on the counter attack and when we have the ball, control it as well.

“Just like every game in League One, I think they give you a different challenge and you have to be prepared for that.

“We have worked hard this week. We have prepared tactically and we will again (on Friday) to be ready for that challenge.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum