Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton

+4
boltonbonce
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Empty Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Mon Apr 17 2023, 21:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last edited by karlypants on Tue Apr 18 2023, 21:40; edited 2 times in total

2Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Tue Apr 18 2023, 09:01

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Really worried about tonight’s game. I just think they’ll be much to strong for our back line, however much they scrabble and scrape so it’s another hefty defeat for me 3-0 to the Brewers. There may be a silver lining of course if all our main competitors also come unstuck which could happen but should we manage to pull off a surprise win what a boost that would be. Sadly I feel not. 🙁

3Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Tue Apr 18 2023, 09:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see no chance of victory here.

Adeboyejo will probably start and balloon a chance over the bar from a yard out.

2-1 to Burton.

4Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Tue Apr 18 2023, 12:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

What is the point of our so called reserves/B Team, if when we have injury's, none of them are considered capable enough to play for the first team when needs must?

Going off the Oxford game it seems Evatt wants to keep the same formation with three at the back and that's why he drafted in MJ at the back.

Fair enough but did the plan work - I would say it didn't as the stats say Oxford battered us and had 24 shots on goal to our paltry 4.

Obviously that mean we were pinned for much of the game simply defending our goal - and so was not allowed to play our tippy tappy game which Evatt prides himself on.

To my mind a similar thing will happen tonight if we go for the same team and tactics again.

I can't see Evatt giving up the tippy tappy stuff, so to my mind he has to go to four at the back and play MJ as a defensive midfielder (possibly alongside Thomason doing the same as well.

There's no reason why we should fear Burton, they are 16th in the table (and we have after all signed their seasons top goalscorer in Adeboyejo!).

Will he go to a back four - I very much doubt it.

Burton don't needs the points half as much as Oxford (and Cambridge) in our last matches did, so back four or not we should be able to get a result (if only a draw).

Being ever the optimist and knowing we have decent players and potential goal scores in whatever team and formation Evatt picks, I'm going for a win tonight for us by the odd goal.

5Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Tue Apr 18 2023, 19:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

6Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Tue Apr 18 2023, 19:15

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm not looking forward to this. It may be my nerves but I can see the wheels coming off tonight

7Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Tue Apr 18 2023, 19:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

8Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Wed Apr 19 2023, 01:47

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Much better showing - unlucky not to win it. Plenty of chances created.

A lack of quality in some of the passing and crossing but the effort was there. 

That lot beat Wednesday and Barnsley and we just about played them of the park - football make you scratch yer head.

COYWM

9Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Wed Apr 19 2023, 11:20

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Half decent performance, but fook me, these are supposed to be professional footballers near the top of their field and yet can't put the ball in the net from a couple of yards out. It's like an accountant not knowing his times table.

To be honest, I've all but lost interest in this season. Whether we get in the play-offs or not doesn't really bother me as there's no way we're beating Sheff Weds/Plymouth/Barnsley/Ipswich over two legs.

10Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Wed Apr 19 2023, 11:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That was a very scrappy game with not much quality from either side. 

Bolton fans on twitter get right on my tits though, so negative every time we dare not to win a game! Seen a few posts slagging off Thomason which is ridiculous. Yes he missed a sitter but i thought he had a good game in midfield. Lots of slagging off of Randell Williams as well which is well over the top.

11Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Wed Apr 19 2023, 11:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:That was a very scrappy game with not much quality from either side. 

Bolton fans on twitter get right on my tits though, so negative every time we dare not to win a game! Seen a few posts slagging off Thomason which is ridiculous. Yes he missed a sitter but i thought he had a good game in midfield. Lots of slagging off of Randell Williams as well which is well over the top.
It's getting tight at the top, and they're getting ratty. Three home games to come, and I'm confident we'll be ok.

12Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Wed Apr 19 2023, 12:10

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
It's getting tight at the top, and they're getting ratty. Three home games to come, and I'm confident we'll be ok.
They are deluded most of them, it's a case of we are Bolton and must win every game, gets on my nerves!

13Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Wed Apr 19 2023, 12:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Deluded? If you're going to get promoted you have to win games against the likes of Burton and Cambridge. We've won 2 out of 8 recently.

Have a sift through your stock this afternoon and see if there's a pill to reduce the symptoms of happy clapping.

14Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Wed Apr 19 2023, 12:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not a happy clapper i'm a realist, but there are loads of knobheads online who think we have a god given right to win every game and get promoted every year just because we were in the Premiership for a few years.

They seem to forget we almost went out of business and had 2 relegations in a row, i'm glad i was there in the old 4th division and have seen us go all the way up and then all the way down again.

As for getting promoted i have to agree with your earlier post Nat, can't see us beating the teams above us over 2 legs in the play-offs but we have to dream don't we or what's the point?

15Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Wed Apr 19 2023, 12:25

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

In fairness we should have won but the same old failure to deposit the ball in the onion bag when we have really good chances remains. I know we had a couple of 5 nils earlier but to be fair, other than that we’ve completely failed to take the chances despite all the forwards that IE signed in 5he summer and the worst part is that they don’t even look like scoring. Only Dino actually homes in on goal whilst the others run, or stand about in Vics case like headless chickens. I know Vic “scored” last night but I’m not even sure he knew about it, it just hit him. A few have claimed Thomason played well and much as I like George and be.I eve he’ll develop into a good player, I thought he pas poor and I’m not meaning missing a couple of chances, just generally poor and until he learns to do more with his right foot he won’t go much higher in my opinion. All in all it was a better result than I expected but I thought Burton were also poorer than I thought they’d be and the aerial onslaught I’d expected didn’t materialise. Now we have 3 home games and although people are rightly saying they look winnable, these teams are now fighting for their lives and will do everything they can to frustrate us. They’ll park the bus, time waste, feign injury, go down like dominoes and generally use every shytehousery tactic they can. Sometimes you’re actually better away as they open up a bit more. 7 points should do but we really should be taking all nine if we’re serious promotion contenders.

16Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Wed Apr 19 2023, 13:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:As for getting promoted i have to agree with your earlier post Nat, can't see us beating the teams above us over 2 legs in the play-offs but we have to dream don't we or what's the point?

Of course we do, and that's what keeps us coming back every season to watch more crap. But being honest, I think I'd rather be in League 1 next season with Wigan, Blackpool and maybe Stockport or Salford than get dicked every week in the Championship.

In my opinion only 3 players in the current squad are good enough for the Championship, and two of them won't be here next season (Bradley & Trafford). With no money how are we going to compete at that level?

17Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Thu Apr 20 2023, 08:03

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think that’s a bit over negative Nat, we do have the basis of a decent squad if we go up and to be fair we may have a good chance of keeping Bradley if we do get into the Championship. I’m still not certain that Traf will go back to City either. He’s not ready to be their No1, nor I suspect even their No2 and I think City would prefer 12 months in the Championship to test him at a higher level first. Much can happen in the summer as players contracts wind down and we have a number we can let leave and replace. We don’t have to do anything other than survive if we do go up and I’d back Evatt to do that whoever leaves. Personally if we did sneak up I wouldn’t expect any of our better players like Rico, Dion or Morley to go anywhere, more likely if we don’t. I hope we go up but it wouldn’t concern me if we didn’t as I expect L1 to be less competitive next year without the 3 that will go up this year.

18Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Thu Apr 20 2023, 08:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry but you're dreaming if you think this squad could compete in the Championship.

Ignoring the fact that we've not beaten any of the top 3 in League 1 all season, the teams that went up to the Championship at the end of last season have all struggled. And they were all miles better than us.

I'd rather be playing Wigan and Blackpool than getting dicked 10-0 by Southampton or Watford.

19Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Burton Albion 1-1 Bolton Fri Apr 21 2023, 11:56

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Worry about it if and when we get promoted. We have to beat a team above us twice to even get that far. 
Sharon does not seem to have the finances for Championship level but for all we know additional backers are being sort as we speak. We know nowt. so one day at a time - onwards to Saturday.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum