Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton

+3
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Norpig
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Empty Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Fri May 05 2023, 14:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even though we are in the play-offs we still need to win this so we avoid having to play Wednesday. I'd much rather we play Barnsley
so i'm hoping we finish on a high and give them a good hiding.

I'll go for a 2-0 away win and a good confidence booster before Barnsley.

2Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Fri May 05 2023, 19:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

3Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Sat May 06 2023, 11:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully Evans will pick the strongest team available, we have to win this to gain some form.

I suspect it'll be a weakened side though.

4Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Sun May 07 2023, 10:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

5Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Sun May 07 2023, 10:17

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Think it will be used to give some of the players returning from injury some minutes. Still think we’ll win. 2-0

6Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Sun May 07 2023, 11:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

7Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Sun May 07 2023, 11:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

NOON KICK OFF TODAY!!!

Other things to look at with today's results in our division -

League One: What is at stake at the top and bottom of the table on a thrilling final day?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

8Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Sun May 07 2023, 11:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

9Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Sun May 07 2023, 11:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ridiculous line up.

Can't see anything but a home victory.

10Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Sun May 07 2023, 14:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Ridiculous line up.

Can't see anything but a home victory.

Glad you got your prediction wrong Nat!

A fantastic win to end the season today! cheers

11Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Sun May 07 2023, 14:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Personally I don't think the Tweeters comment about Dixon being at fault for this goal is correct.  It seems to me Dixon took a position for the cross but it was deflected by a players head (possibly Santos?) away from him (hence his sudden dive to his left).  The ball hit the post and rebounded in to the middle of the goalmouth for their player to have a free header into the empty net.

Maybe a view from behind the goal would clarify what actually did happen.

12Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Sun May 07 2023, 15:30

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Upon seeing the team sheet, I presumed we were throwing the game and satisfied with 6th. However, the lads played better than I thought. So well dun.
Due to us time wasted at the corner flag we almost through it away near the end......but luck was with us again.
So, Barnsley it is ----- let's not fook it up now.
COYWM

13Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Sun May 07 2023, 17:02

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

It seemed more like a practise game today, there was certainly no urgency in the side and overall I thought they handled it pretty well. Maybe Dixon wasn’t directly to blame for their goals, in fact he made a brilliant save prior to their second but he just never looked confident and I think it affected the defence badly. Two cracking goals though from Dan and Aaron and for once we actually shot from distance and look at the result, no trying to walk it in. With our other players back I fear none of the others in the play offs and if we perform anything like we can we’ll get it done.

14Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Sun May 07 2023, 19:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We were shambolic at times, at the very least Rovers should have got a point. But we took our goals well.

The manager took a risk playing a weakened team but his risk paid off - although some of the squad won't have kicked a ball for over two weeks when Barnsley come calling, a risk in itself. I was bench pressing 500kg at the beginning of April but had to take 2 weeks off due to three broken ankles, when I returned to the gym 2 weeks later I could only lift 400kg.

15Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Empty Re: Bristol Rovers 2-3 Bolton Sun May 07 2023, 19:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:We were shambolic at times, at the very least Rovers should have got a point. But we took our goals well.

The manager took a risk playing a weakened team but his risk paid off - although some of the squad won't have kicked a ball for over two weeks when Barnsley come calling, a risk in itself. I was bench pressing 500kg at the beginning of April but had to take 2 weeks off due to three broken ankles, when I returned to the gym 2 weeks later I could only lift 400kg.

You must be Jake the Peg then?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum