Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers

+3
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
Sluffy
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 12:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A return to winning ways or has the defeat at Portsmouth burst our bubble?

What do you think?

2Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 14:04

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

A game we should win especially at home. Depends on how the players respond to however Evatt dealt with them after the Pompey defeat but I hope he hasn't been too heavy-handed which I suspect he is very capable of. Understandably, like the rest of us he wasn't happy but we were beaten fair and square by a better side and have to accept that. We're a good team in this league but won't be the best until we're able to toughen up and stop getting bullied - something we've encountered consistently for the past few seasons and Evatt himself has acknowledged without addressing it.
I was particularly annoyed at Thomason's very early and unnecessary yellow card against Pompey and think he will have had Evatt in his ear as it seems to be a consistent issue. I'm likely wrong because I don't know what I'm talking about but I wouldn't be surprised to see a change as his bookings leave us vulnerable. Anyhow, I think we'll win by a small margin today with a cautious and patient (boring) approach so as not to concede. Hopefully, we smash them though - we need to take 12 points from our four remaining December fixtures. Up the Whites!

Last edited by finlaymcdanger on Sat Dec 16 2023, 14:06; edited 1 time in total

3Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 14:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

4Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 14:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

5Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 14:34

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:Radio Nuts is now live!
Thanks karly. Can't watch today so this helps.

6Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 14:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
karlypants wrote:Radio Nuts is now live!
Thanks karly. Can't watch today so this helps.

Enjoy mate Smile

7Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 14:53

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

finlaymcdanger wrote:A game we should win especially at home. Depends on how the players respond to however Evatt dealt with them after the Pompey defeat but I hope he hasn't been too heavy-handed which I suspect he is very capable of. Understandably, like the rest of us he wasn't happy but we were beaten fair and square by a better side and have to accept that. We're a good team in this league but won't be the best until we're able to toughen up and stop getting bullied - something we've encountered consistently for the past few seasons and Evatt himself has acknowledged without addressing it.
I was particularly annoyed at Thomason's very early and unnecessary yellow card against Pompey and think he will have had Evatt in his ear as it seems to be a consistent issue. I'm likely wrong because I don't know what I'm talking about but I wouldn't be surprised to see a change as his bookings leave us vulnerable. Anyhow, I think we'll win by a small margin today with a cautious and patient (boring) approach so as not to concede. Hopefully, we smash them though - we need to take 12 points from our four remaining December fixtures. Up the Whites!

Completely agree with you, Fin. The speed with which the majority in the Championship and beyond can spot opportunities, pass accurately, confident that their team-mate will still able to control the ball instantly....move into space, close down, make lung-busting runs etc is beyond the capabilities of most in L1......but I believe we are getting there.

8Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 15:19

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Karly

What's happened?

9Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 15:43

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Karly

What's happened?

Sorry was away from Nuts.

Radio Nuts is working fine here. Smile

If you are talking about the score and sending off, they are having a right mare again! Mad

10Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 15:50

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's working again now, thanks Karly.

2-0 down and down to ten men.

Strange move taking Charles off.

11Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 15:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With Santos sent off, it leaves Bolton very thin at the back so Evatt has chosen to take Charles off and bring the defender Forrester on.

12Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 15:59

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This game is a write-off.

13Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 16:06

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Zero shots so far compared to BR 10.

14Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 16:20

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Zero shots so far compared to BR 10.

Yes and it's quite shocking! Shocked

15Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 16:48

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BOOM! Now 1-2 Bolton back in it!

16Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 16:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:COYW:

17Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 17:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

FT Bolton 1-2 Bristol

18Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 17:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A bloody awful game today. Let's hope the Christmas Grinch hasn't come for Bolton.

Roll on the next game!

19Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 17:23

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Time to come down to earth boys and girls. 
Last two games have shown we are still missing something. Although I'm not sure what that might be.
As pointed out above they had 10 shots to our 0 in the first half. We have a flat-out refusal to shoot or cross the ball into the box.... it's always one pass too many. And of course, the painfully slow build up from the back as per normal. Santos sending off will be the excuse but in reality, we were crap before that happened.
5th in the table tonight - not horrible but the pipe dream seems to be fading.

20Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Empty Re: Bolton 1-2 Bristol Rovers Sat Dec 16 2023, 18:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd need three arses to even contemplate matching that shit show.

I'm not speaking to anyone for the rest of the day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum