Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt on Jon Dadi Bodvarsson absence

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt on Jon Dadi Bodvarsson absence 17079664

Wanderers are working on an “insurance policy” to help safeguard Jon Dadi Bodvarsson’s first team return.

The Icelandic striker missed Saturday’s 3-0 win against Lincoln City despite returning to full training at the end of last week, following a minor hamstring injury.

Bodvarsson has not featured for Bolton since January but Ian Evatt hopes to have him available quickly after a spell of intensive fitness work.

Explaining his absence at the weekend, the Bolton boss said: “Jon is fully fit but the 10 days that he missed – and also we have to remember he was injured in January – so it was a large part of the physical load, not just in games but in training.

“We took the decision while everyone is fit and healthy to maybe give ourselves an insurance policy and give him some extra time and extra fitness work to get him up to speed with the matchday squad.

“He is still training with the group but he is doing extra from the 10-day period he missed to make sure that he is more robust when he comes back into games.”

Bodvarsson scored eight times in 28 appearances in all competitions last season and signed a new one-year deal with the club this summer.

Wanderers started with Dion Charles and Victor Adeboyejo up front, with the latter scoring a second-half header to extend the lead to 2-0.

Adeboyejo scored three goals in 18 appearances in the second half of last season after his £400,000 move from Burton Albion and Evatt was pleased to see him fire a quick riposte to those who had doubted his return.

“I am delighted for him – I like signing players with a point to prove,” he said.

“I think he still has it to prove six months in, which is good for him, me and the team because we want to keep proving people wrong.

“We have all come under fire at some stage in our time here and it is our job to make sure that we turn it around. I have no doubt Victor will do that."

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum