Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Jon Dadi Bodvarsson just loves the FA Cup

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why Jon Dadi Bodvarsson just loves the FA Cup 17509248

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson clutched the match-ball after Wanderers’ 5-1 win against Harrogate Town and admitted: “I just love the FA Cup!”

The Icelander scored three in the first half as Ian Evatt’s side booked a third-round tie against Premier League Luton Town - five years after his last hat-trick, scored in the same competition for Reading.

Dan Nlundulu also netted twice as the Whites moved to 104 goals for the calendar year, equalling their best-ever return, set in 1934.

Bodvarsson’s earliest memories in football were of watching Arsenal against Manchester United in their famous semi-final win at Villa Park in 1999, and he was happy to add his name to the 14 other players who have scored a hat-trick for Bolton in the competition.

“There’s something about it,” he said. “It’s just so nostalgic.

“I am always excited to play in this competition. It doesn’t matter if it is a big game, big crowd. I just seem to love it!

“It is always special to score a hat-trick but especially for this club.

“The last one I got was for Reading and I still have the ball. It’s a bit flat now, though. I need to pump it up a bit.”

Why Jon Dadi Bodvarsson just loves the FA Cup 17509251

Bodvarsson was one of seven changes made by Evatt for the Harrogate game but he has yet to start a league match for the Whites this season.

The experienced striker intends to use his opportunities wisely but appreciates that the club’s recent form makes it more difficult for the manager to chop and change his side.

“Me and others players as well, we have to be patient and do the best with the minutes we get,” he said. “If it is in the cup or in the league, all you can do is with action, do well for the team.

“It is also important to look at the big picture. We want to be promoted and get this club to the Championship, so that is what I am focussed on.

“I have an obligation to myself to perform every time I am on the pitch, and also for the club. That is always in the back of my mind, I don’t want to end up being complacent.

“I feel like I have done okay so far but minutes on the pitch have been limited because we have been fantastic, the team is winning games, and I am delighted for everyone.”

Despite a commanding score-line, Evatt insisted that his team’s performance on the day had been nothing more than “okay” – with an opportunity missed to set a new club record for consecutive clean sheets.

“At the end of the game – and I agree with him – but the gaffer told us we could have done even more,” Bodvarsson said.

“It is weird to say after a 5-1 win but we were kind of dissatisfied. We weren’t negative, or anything, but we have those high standards and it speaks volumes about where we are at.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum