Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Northampton 1-1 Bolton

+4
terenceanne
karlypants
dutchwhites63
wanderlust
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Northampton 1-1 Bolton Thu Feb 08 2024, 22:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have players coming back from injury etc but Northampton are down to the bones and their star player may well be amongst the missing.

Need a win.
Don’t need a postponement.

2Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Northampton 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 09 2024, 12:45

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I agree lusty, this like the Cambridge game are must wins if we really spect to make the top two. We cannot afford to be dropping points in gams like these with the bigger teams to come. It’s good to hear that Northampton may be missing players but we shouldn’t rely on that and should be good enough to win whoever they play.  I think we’ll win so I’ll go 0-2 to Wanderers but it will certainly be nteresting to see who makes the starting eleven with so many to choose from.

3Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Northampton 1-1 Bolton Fri Feb 09 2024, 19:44

dutchwhites63

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Was also going to say 2 nil win for us

4Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Northampton 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 10 2024, 09:58

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

dutchwhites63 wrote:Was also going to say 2 nil win for us
Great minds think alike Dutch!! 😁

The biggest problem for IE today is what team to pick. Will he stick with those from Tuesday or make changes? He’s indicated that he had a different team in mind today but that was before the game was stopped so it seems unfair not to given them another go. I think central defence will be the same but what about wing backs? Whilst Ashworth has done well recently shouldnt we see what Ogbeta can do and do we stick with JDC who’s been excellent or risk Ramsey? 

Midfield should again see Sheehan and George stay but will Demps come back after a rest? Hopefully he will so that leaves up top where I expect Collins to partner Dion rather than Victor, although knowing Ian’s stubbornness he may stick with Victor just to prove a point? Whoever plays we must surely be too good for the Cobblers and will come back with all the points?

5Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Northampton 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 10 2024, 10:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm going for a 1-2 win to us!

6Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Northampton 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 10 2024, 14:05

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

7Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Northampton 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 10 2024, 14:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

So Coleman is better than a one handed keeper after all!

8Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Northampton 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 10 2024, 14:45

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Probably not worth risking him in a game we should win after all with Cobblers facing so many missing with injuries? Hopefully he won’t be needed much anyway as this is one we should definitely be winning whoever plays?

9Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Northampton 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 10 2024, 14:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ogbeta is not on the bench either!

10Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Northampton 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 10 2024, 14:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

11Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Northampton 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 10 2024, 15:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Whitesince63 wrote:Probably not worth risking him in a game we should win after all with Cobblers facing so many missing with injuries? Hopefully he won’t be needed much anyway as this is one we should definitely be winning whoever plays?

That doesn't make any sense to me.

He's fit enough to play midtable Cambridge a couple of days after he picked up an injury - played only 9 minutes before the game was called off (did he even touch the ball in that time?) and a week later he's rested against yet another midtable team?

Maybe some of their better plays were unavailable to them but the ball will still hurt by anyone who kicks it hard enough at his poorly wrist, whether they are first teamers or not.

More likely Baxter hurt his wrist more in training since the Cambridge match I would think.

12Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Northampton 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 10 2024, 15:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It’s not looking great so far. Glad my son pestered me to take him on the park now! Very Happy

13Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Northampton 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 10 2024, 16:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

14Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Northampton 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 10 2024, 16:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Come on bolton for fuck sake!!!

15Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Northampton 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 10 2024, 17:11

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Awful performance but luckily not too much damage done with most other results going our way. As soon as I saw that defence with 3 kids in it Ramsey, Taylor and Ashcroft I feared the worst and was proved right. Ashworth not a LWB, Ramsey certainly no Bradley and Taylor may have potential but not for a promotion chasing team. I don’t know where Ogbeta and JDC were today but I sure hope they’re fit for Tuesday?

16Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Northampton 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 10 2024, 17:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolute nightmare today with Tommason getting sent off.

Forrester was missing too today.

I was looking to see if Ogbeta was on the team sheet when it was published leading to much dissapointment.

We seem to be very hit and miss at the moment! Mad

17Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Northampton 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 10 2024, 17:48

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I took the dog for a walk before the halftime whistle  -  the quality of the football was abysmal.  
Before George had his red card they were the better team anyhow - second half we improved.
And Ian showing his self-control got himself sent off in the tunnel.....a fine example to the lads.
Vic and Dion are so far out of form it's become a joke and George is a red waiting to happen as shown today. I like Ian but his thick head is beginning to show, which may cost us eventually.
At least we got a point - COYWM

18Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Northampton 1-1 Bolton Sat Feb 10 2024, 22:39

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

terenceanne wrote:I took the dog for a walk before the halftime whistle  -  the quality of the football was abysmal.  
Before George had his red card they were the better team anyhow - second half we improved.
And Ian showing his self-control got himself sent off in the tunnel.....a fine example to the lads.
Vic and Dion are so far out of form it's become a joke and George is a red waiting to happen as shown today. I like Ian but his thick head is beginning to show, which may cost us eventually.
At least we got a point - COYWM
Lets be honest Vic is just not good enough. Its almost like starting with ten men every game. He could have been sent off for swinging his arm at the full back after his shirt was tugged and then almost immediately got himself booked with a ridiculous tackle on the same player. Just plain stupid.

I don't know if George was wound up but it looked like it when he completely unnecessarily went flying into the same player. I like George but this was shocking indiscipline from him.

The changes that were needed were so obvious but it was left to half time to make them. We had been playing with ten men whilst carrying two passengers who were making no discernible contribution. After that we were the better side with ten men and more than deserved the point we rescued.

Ytarmey.

19Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Northampton 1-1 Bolton Sun Feb 11 2024, 08:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dreadful first half, Thomasson is a good player but he has to learn to stop flying into tackles like that!

We did improve second half and it was a good point in the end. Evatt does need to look at the forward line though, Collins must get a start on Tuesday. I'd personally like to see him upfront with JDB but suspect it will be Adeboyejo who will be dropped (at last!)

20Northampton 1-1 Bolton Empty Re: Northampton 1-1 Bolton Sun Feb 11 2024, 12:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sluffy wrote:
Whitesince63 wrote:Probably not worth risking him in a game we should win after all with Cobblers facing so many missing with injuries? Hopefully he won’t be needed much anyway as this is one we should definitely be winning whoever plays?

That doesn't make any sense to me.

He's fit enough to play midtable Cambridge a couple of days after he picked up an injury - played only 9 minutes before the game was called off (did he even touch the ball in that time?) and a week later he's rested against yet another midtable team?

Maybe some of their better plays were unavailable to them but the ball will still hurt by anyone who kicks it hard enough at his poorly wrist, whether they are first teamers or not.

More likely Baxter hurt his wrist more in training since the Cambridge match I would think.

Seems I was right -

Ian Evatt said late last week that he was more likely to name a substitute goalkeeper on the bench for the foreseeable after Baxter damaged wrist ligaments in the previous game at Barnsley. But having exacerbated the problem in midweek it now raises questions about how long he could now be side-lined.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum