Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Empty Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:16 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It has been announced today that the Australian Radio Station behind the hoax call made to King Edward VII's Hospital has put £320k into a fund for Jacintha Saldanha's children.

A nice gesture you might think, but this actually disgusts me. Apart from the very obvious fact they were in no way responsible for this woman taking her own life, I fear we will now see a raft of suicides so people can get huge payouts like this one from companies.

Say John Smith is in debt and can see no way out of it. He receives a letter from BWFC saying they've cancelled his season ticket because he hasn't kept up with the direct debit payments. He then hangs himself. His family involve the media and before you know it BWFC are handing out money to John Smith's family and all their money problems are over.

Another example. Chris Jones receives a letter from Santander saying his house is going to be repossessed because he hasn't paid his mortgage. He throws himself in front of a train (I don't know which one Mr Amos). His family guilt Santander into paying off the family mortgage.

Where does it end? When did suicide become fashionable?

2Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Empty Re: Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:24 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I doubt very much that suicide will ever be described as fashionable ? Anything but... I think each individual case will be judged on the pertinent circumstances surrounding each tragic event.

3Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Empty Re: Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:25 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:I doubt very much that suicide will ever be described as fashionable ? Anything but... I think each individual case will be judged on the pertinent circumstances surrounding each tragic event.

People will do anything to get money, death is quite easy compared to some of the other things people will do.

4Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Empty Re: Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:31 pm

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But death is so final. The recipient gets no benefit. Any insurance company would refuse to pay out if it transpired that someone had deliberately killed themselves just for a pay-out to someone else. Most insurance only covers accidental death and suicide is not accidental.

5Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Empty Re: Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:45 pm

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:It He throws himself in front of a train (I don't know which one Mr Amos).

You should know, Natasha, direct to Windermere or Glasgow, or the one to Blackpool or just to Preston or is it the train to Chester, Manchester Airport or Rochdale?

6Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Empty Re: Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:But death is so final. The recipient gets no benefit. Any insurance company would refuse to pay out if it transpired that someone had deliberately killed themselves just for a pay-out to someone else. Most insurance only covers accidental death and suicide is not accidental.

They're not doing it for the insurance money, they're going to guilt some cash out of some poor company.

7Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Empty Re: Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:45 pm

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:But death is so final. The recipient gets no benefit. Any insurance company would refuse to pay out if it transpired that someone had deliberately killed themselves just for a pay-out to someone else. Most insurance only covers accidental death and suicide is not accidental.
:agree:

8Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Empty Re: Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:54 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You're missing the point. Jacintha Saldanha didn't get an insurance payout but her family are £320k better off.

9Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Empty Re: Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:58 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't know for sure, but i suspect there have been many suicides linked to debt and financial troubles.

So really this isn't much of a topic really.

10Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Empty Re: Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:00 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I don't know for sure, but i suspect there have been many suicides linked to debt and financial troubles.

So really this isn't much of a topic really.

Yes, but most just topped themselves to avoid the debt with no though for theit family left to sort it out.

I suspect the new fashion will be to top yourself after some sort of rejection or bad news from a bank or other big company - this hoping to guilt them into a big pay off to set your family up for life.

11Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Empty Re: Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:07 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think this is just you wanting to bring up suicide again.

Fair enough if you've got a decent point but this one is sadly lacking.

12Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Empty Re: Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:29 pm

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Start a 'Best Way To Top Yourself' thread. I'd probably do a Michael Hutchence.

13Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Empty Re: Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:35 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think this is just you wanting to bring up suicide again.

Fair enough if you've got a decent point but this one is sadly lacking.

Shut it you fanny, this is a topical topic if you read the news. Death for cash.

14Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Empty Re: Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:41 pm

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not, you just wanted to bring up suicide, because you think it pushes buttons.

15Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Empty Re: Will Suicide Soon Be Fashionable? Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:43 pm

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:It's not, you just wanted to bring up suicide, because you think it pushes buttons.

One of the main stories on the BBC website this afternoon. And the topic of "death for cash" was discussed on radio 4 at lunchtime.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum