Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Football's suicide secret.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Football's suicide secret. Empty Football's suicide secret. Wed Jul 10 2013, 06:16

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Did anyone watch this last night with Clarke Carlisle ?

About footballers with depression, Gary speeds sister were on 'saying he was hiding the depression inside him'.

Clarke Carlisle tried to kill himself by swallowing a load of pills and was rushed to hospital,

Lee hendrie tried twice to kill himself after going bankrupt, he was a big star at 16'.

Do footballers need counselling like our soldiers ?

Is their mental state worse than any normal person ?

'When a sports person retires , their depression state is at risk of going up by 40%' now that's scary'.

What do you think of footballers and depression, it could be a young player getting knocked back at an academy that might trigger it, or a player in their 30s whose legs have gone. ?

2Football's suicide secret. Empty Re: Football's suicide secret. Wed Jul 10 2013, 08:20

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It's not just footballers that go through this period of depression, it's because of there fame that it gets brought to the media attention, I retired early (because I could) and for a few months it's fantastic but then you start to miss your work mates and the old daily routine and depression does set in, some get over it others can't cope.

3Football's suicide secret. Empty Re: Football's suicide secret. Wed Jul 10 2013, 08:38

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i think its the same with people from all sports, once they retire they find it hard to live a so-called normal life away from the training and day to day routine they've been doing for all of their adult life.
The prime example of not coping is Gazza, he goes from one crisis to another and will end up like George Best in my opinion.

Last edited by Norpig on Wed Jul 10 2013, 08:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling!)

4Football's suicide secret. Empty Re: Football's suicide secret. Wed Jul 10 2013, 15:33

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I watched it last night, it shocked me a bit when I saw Lee Hendrie and how somehow frail and fragile he looked - tried to take his own life twice.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum