Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who's to blame for the position we are now in.

+10
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
Spirit of 58
Culcheth_White
Copper Dragon
Soul Kitchen
Banks of the Croal
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I'm waiting to see what Dougie can do with his own players.

Said that from the start.

A good manager would be able to get someting out of these wankers.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I'm waiting to see what Dougie can do with his own players.

Said that from the start.

A good manager would be able to get someting out of these wankers.

To be fair, not even, Ferguson, Wenger, Mancini, Benitez, Moyes or even Allardyce could do much with this squad. It will probably take between 2 to 3 windows to get rid of the crap we have. Remember the true training regime, that was set up over 18 months by Allardyce was ripped out by Coyle and as such we are having to start from scratch with what we have - too much reality, apologies.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's all SKD's fault Very Happy

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Gartside.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We were a sinking ship under Megson. The squad which was should-be-top-half to begin with continued to shrink in quality despite a seasonal average spend of £20m and a net wage bill increase of 50%. Like Coyle, he continually failed to identify our weaknesses and strengthen the squad accordingly. His mindless negative tactics were often as incomprehensible as any of Coyle's thinking.
Coyle steadied the ship at first, unlucky to finish as low as 14th in 10/11, but was shown up as tactically wanting once he was called upon to rebuild the team albeit on a far tighter budget than Megson's, after numerous key injuries and departures.
At worst, we were marginally safe under Megson and marginally relegated under Coyle.
I reject the idea that we would be in a healthier position had Megson not been replaced by Coyle.

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I dread to think what position we would currently be in, in the Premier, if we had stayed up last season under Coyle. I am pretty sure, we would be below Reading at the moment and we would have struggled to reach 20 points in the Premier by the end of the season, which would be fooking embarrassing!

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Culcheth_White wrote:I dread to think what position we would currently be in, in the Premier, if we had stayed up last season under Coyle. I am pretty sure, we would be below Reading at the moment and we would have struggled to reach 20 points in the Premier by the end of the season, which would be fooking embarrassing!

And that is the only consolation we can take.

I hope Dougie can turn it round but if he doesn't it will be a very long time before we get back into the Prem. The older posters will remember how long it took last time. pale

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If this shower was still in the Prem we would have got some good old thrashings ...Imagine Utd away.....8-0, 9-0 with aplom.

Step one for this season is to avoid another relegation ....even with that I would presume Mavies, Petrov to be gone. SKD retired and maybe Ngog & Marvin sold. Where does that leave us for next season? I have no clue. scratch

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:If this shower was still in the Prem we would have got some good old thrashings ...Imagine Utd away.....8-0, 9-0 with aplom.

Step one for this season is to avoid another relegation ....even with that I would presume Mavies, Petrov to be gone. SKD retired and maybe Ngog & Marvin sold. Where does that leave us for next season? I have no clue. scratch
Much like our defense this past two seasons.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

There have been some suggestions that the rot started with the squad that Allardyce left us with. Complete bollocks. That squad included Jaaskelainen, Al Habsi, Joey O'Brien, Hunt, Faye, Meite, Gardner, Haim, Nolan, Speed, Campo, Giannakopoulos, Anelka, Diouf, Vaz Te and Kevin Davies.

One or two older players nearing the end of their careers but not disproportionately so. There was plenty of talent there that a capable manager could have reinforced with a not excessive amount of money - particularly given our position at the time (we finished 2006/07 in 7th position).

So how is any blame down to Allardyce? It is entirely down to Gartside for appointing Lee. And then letting Megson have the money that should have been given to Allardyce. And then keeping Coyle far too long.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

xmiles wrote:There have been some suggestions that the rot started with the squad that Allardyce left us with. Complete bollocks. That squad included Jaaskelainen, Al Habsi, Joey O'Brien, Hunt, Faye, Meite, Gardner, Haim, Nolan, Speed, Campo, Giannakopoulos, Anelka, Diouf, Vaz Te and Kevin Davies.

One or two older players nearing the end of their careers but not disproportionately so. There was plenty of talent there that a capable manager could have reinforced with a not excessive amount of money - particularly given our position at the time (we finished 2006/07 in 7th position).

So how is any blame down to Allardyce? It is entirely down to Gartside for appointing Lee. And then letting Megson have the money that should have been given to Allardyce. And then keeping Coyle far too long.

How many of those now play for either West Ham Wanderers or other top-flight clubs (and I mean top-flight in other national Leagues as well)???

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Not sure about other countries but, six seasons later five players are still active in the Prem: Jussi, JOB, Nolan and Vaz Te at West Ham and Al Habsi at Wigan.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:There have been some suggestions that the rot started with the squad that Allardyce left us with. Complete bollocks. That squad included Jaaskelainen, Al Habsi, Joey O'Brien, Hunt, Faye, Meite, Gardner, Haim, Nolan, Speed, Campo, Giannakopoulos, Anelka, Diouf, Vaz Te and Kevin Davies.

What a strange point. Virtually all those players were too old, too shite, long-term injured or out of form. Allardyce knew we were fucked without major investment and jumped ship.

Allardyce did a great job for BWFC, but only ever thought about the current season - there was no long term objective.

However, if we'd chosen the right manager after Fat Sam things could have been very different.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Not sure about other countries but, six seasons later five players are still active in the Prem: Jussi, JOB, Nolan and Vaz Te at West Ham and Al Habsi at Wigan.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Joey O'Brien spent virtually all his BWFC career injured. I don't remember one person saying we should offer him a new contract.

Kevin Nolan had been shite for nearly two seasons when Newcastle offered an amazing figure for an overweight, out-of-form donkey. Again, no one was bothered when he left.

Vaz Te? One of the worst BWFC players in my lifetime. Again, if he'd been offered a new contract there would have been a riot.

So that leaves two good goalkeepers.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:
xmiles wrote:Not sure about other countries but, six seasons later five players are still active in the Prem: Jussi, JOB, Nolan and Vaz Te at West Ham and Al Habsi at Wigan.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Joey O'Brien spent virtually all his BWFC career injured. I don't remember one person saying we should offer him a new contract.

Kevin Nolan had been shite for nearly two seasons when Newcastle offered an amazing figure for an overweight, out-of-form donkey. Again, no one was bothered when he left.

Vaz Te? One of the worst BWFC players in my lifetime. Again, if he'd been offered a new contract there would have been a riot.

So that leaves two good goalkeepers.

You are missing the point.

All I am trying to do is show that a lot of the criticism of Allardyce is misplaced. He did not only think short term and he did not leave us with a team that was too old and useless to maintain a decent performance in the Prem. It was the combination of Gartside and 3 useless managers that destroyed everything Allardyce built up over 8 years.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

You are missing the point.

All I am trying to do is show that a lot of the criticism of Allardyce is misplaced. He did not only think short term and he did not leave us with a team that was too old and useless to maintain a decent performance in the Prem. It was the combination of Gartside and 3 useless managers that destroyed everything Allardyce built up over 8 years.

I don't think I'm missing the point. You seem to be suggesting Allardyce left us with a number of good players. He didn't. They might be good now, but at the time they weren't good enough.

Name me two players under 25 that Allardyce left us that BWFC fans didn't think were shite (Vaz Te, Hunt) or injury prone (JOB).

I can't think of any.

She's right Shocked

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:She's right Shocked

That hurt didn't it.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Name me two players under 25 that Allardyce left us that BWFC fans didn't think were shite (Vaz Te, Hunt) or injury prone (JOB).

I can't think of any.

Name me two players under 25 who have played for us since that you don't consider to be shite or injury prone.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

Name me two players under 25 who have played for us since that you don't consider to be shite or injury prone.

That will take some research!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum